Shooting death in swansea, shooter is a former CO

This.
And further proof that (especially here in anti-gun CommonPuke of LiberChusetts) no matter what, always, always ALWAYS get a GOOD lawyer, even if the good lawyer costs you an arm and a leg. Borrow the retainer fee if you have to and work a second job to afford the years of legal fees ...but always ALWAYS get a good lawyer and NEVER say anything about anything to anyone other than your lawyer. Simply "shut the f*ck up and lawyer up".

ALWAYS.

Just reading this.
So arrested for murder, went to court as manslaughter, aquitted. Good.

Yes, mental note: if someone comes at you with a crow bar and you shoot them, in Massachusetts you will be arrested for murder. [rolleyes]

Yes, mental note: if someone comes at you with a crow bar and you shoot them, in Massachusetts you will be arrested for murder. [rolleyes]

In this back assward state? While this case weeded out as a win for our side, chances are more likely that if the maggot punk swings the crowbar, you duck, and he misses and instead rips his rotator cuff in the process, he'll probably get a (pro bono, language translating, penny-chasing, DACA advocate, freebie etc) attorney to sue you for his pain/suffering/medical expenses/court fees/mental anguish/post-traumatic-stress/yada blah yada.

And he'd probably win, after arguing his case before a Deville-appointed judge who feels really, really bad for the poor young man from, um, um..."Excuse me, Sir..young man: What's your country of origin again?"

Just sayin'

You need to let them break a few bones first to boost the credibility of your testimony.

Just reading this.

Only if you chase them down and block their car from leaving.

Only if you chase them down and block their car from leaving.

Yea I read that after the fact, and what one person said above about going to look for trouble. I agree, big question there. I'll back off my statement a little, but still say I don't think all the facts/details are presented to us here, when I'm sure the jury heard them all and made their decision.

Hey, just last week I was down here in the office when someone alerted me there was some guy outside dumping trash in my dumpster, I ran out of the office and over to the dumpster so I could question the guy and take down his plate, if he then charges me with a crow-bar and I shoot him am I a murderer?? [grin]

Just reading this.

Want would happen to one of the unwashed ?

Yea I read that after the fact, and what one person said above about going to look for trouble. I agree, big question there. I'll back off my statement a little, but still say I don't think all the facts/details are presented to us here, when I'm sure the jury heard them all and made their decision.

Hey, just last week I was down here in the office when someone alerted me there was some guy outside dumping trash in my dumpster, I ran out of the office and over to the dumpster so I could question the guy and take down his plate, if he then charges me with a crow-bar and I shoot him am I a murderer?? [grin]

Shoot away. Just don't chase him down the street. LOL

It had to have been interesting if the Prosecution rested their entire case on the planted crowbar. ?????

- - - Updated - - -

Want would happen to one of the unwashed ?

Wait. You mean there are 2 sets of rules??? One for police and quasi-police and one for the rest of us?? The HELL you say!

There was no special treatment in this case, the witnesses were caught lying on the stand and also TOTALLY discredited by forensics. A bad situation over all, but the "victim" was a very tough person with gang ties and a long violent record. If you want to make a judgement on a case, go on the facts and don't make assumptions based on the shallow media reports.

I have to admit when I read that he went into his house to get his firearm, chase the car and eventyally catch up to it, get them to stop, assaults the driver, girl approaches shooter with a tire iron and gets shot, I thought for sure he would be found guilty.. Once he came out with his gun and saw the vehicle driving away, he should have called the police at that point.

If he did not pursue the vehicle there would have been no shooting.. When he came out of his house armed and saw the vehicle leaving, the threat was over..

This is the kind of stuff we pay law enforcement for. Very suprised with the outcome.

There was no special treatment in this case, the witnesses were caught lying on the stand and also TOTALLY discredited by forensics. A bad situation over all, but the "victim" was a very tough person with gang ties and a long violent record. If you want to make a judgement on a case, go on the facts and don't make assumptions based on the shallow media reports.

I couldn't be happier that the accused was acquitted, but I am surprised that the victims past was allowed to be considered. Isn't this usually considered irrelevant?
In most cases, the simple fact that the shooter pursued the scum bag, and there was no immediate threat, would be enough to hang the guy, and not just in Massachusetts. Unless the media reports where bull shit. Like the guy was driving to the PD to file a report and the hoodlums confronted him.
Now one can only hope that the victims family is not able to win anything in civil court. It certainly appears as though the shooter did the world a favor.

but I am surprised that the victims past was allowed to be considered. Isn't this usually considered irrelevant?
See Commonwealth v. Adjutant

http://masscases.com/cases/sjc/443/443mass649.html

In many states, the shootee's (not the victim here, the defender was the victim, the shootee was the criminal or assailant) past is admissible only if known by the defender at the time of the incident. This was the case in MA as well until Adjutant.

The fact that the persecution asserted the defender planted the crowbar is a tacit admission that the state knew the defendant would be justified if attacked with such a weapon. A great example of how the prosecution will fight dirty using any theory that points to a conviction.

Is it just me or does anyone else see that the threat was OVER when he came out of his house with his weapon.. The other party was fleeing in teh car.

I would like to know how that defense attorney got around that..
Re-initiating contact (even if not advisable) does not necessarily mean initiating violent conflict.
Federal "pound me in the ass" prison
State, not federal. Federal is for cross-racial shootings where the person is found not guilty at their state level trial and then faces civil rights deprivation charges.

Back
Top Bottom