• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting death in swansea, shooter is a former CO

Not much said in the article so far, but shooter is being charged with murder. Based on his former job there is a good possibility that he is properly licensed. I'm sure there is a lot more to this story than what is being told so far, be interesting to see how this plays out if self defense is involved at all? (Just guessing since the article is crystal vague about what happened)

http://wpri.com/2014/08/24/woman-fatally-shot-in-swansea-suspect-arrested/

Being that it took place in NH I wouldn't think this even applies.
Took the victim to Rhode Island hospital....... Seems like a long ambulance drive from NH to rhode Island

Being that Swansea MA is only 12 miles from Rhode Island hospital I'm thinking this did NOT take place in NH.

Last edited:
Then I stand corrected. Duplicate town names has been a weakness of mine. Not even spelled the same. I need coffee...

You sure about that:

I get it......the woman was a piece of shit.......but:

"According to what was revealed in learned in court, the suspect's sons were in a dispute with friends of the victim.
It led to a confrontation on Ocean Grove Avenue in Swansea early Sunday morning in which Levesque had tracked down a vehicle carrying White and her two friends, who had apparently gone on Levesque's property earlier in the night.

Don't know about you but I don't go looking for trouble.........the deceased and therefore deceased persons friends will easily say she was acting in self defense as the shooter tracked them down.........

I carry a fire arm for personal protection.......not wandering around looking for people that hours earlier had a verbal altercation with my sons.

This one is probably not going to go down as a self defense shooting and from the initial info here.........it should not!
This one is probably not going to go down as a self defense shooting and from the initial info here.........it should not!

Last edited:
Rumor has it levesque's son was stabbed earlier in the week by someone in whites family or something. Maybe white or her son? Don't know exact details but that's what's being said by a couple people that know levesque.

Rumor has it levesque's son was stabbed earlier in the week by someone in whites family or something. Maybe white or her son? Don't know exact details but that's what's being said by a couple people that know levesque.

I heard something similar to this, and the comments on some of the articles seem to hint at this as well. There was a stabbing in the same general area as the shooting not that long ago. I heard that it could have been an acquaintance of the deceased that was involved in the stabbing. Obviously just hearsay at this point.

we shall see how it plays out with the intent vs self defense arguments.

I heard something similar to this, and the comments on some of the articles seem to hint at this as well. There was a stabbing in the same general area as the shooting not that long ago. I heard that it could have been an acquaintance of the deceased that was involved in the stabbing. Obviously just hearsay at this point.

we shall see how it plays out with the intent vs self defense arguments.

Knowing some of the parties involved in this incident, I can say that the prior incident (stabbing) was the precursor to the shooting.

After learning the individuals were inhis neighborhood, Levesque, who has a license to carry a firearm, grabbed hishandgun and holster, then went outside his house and described seeing avehicle’s tail lights leaving the area. Levesque got into his gray ChevySilverado pickup and chased after the vehicle, telling police that his intentwas to obtain the vehicle’s description and license plate number. After losingsight of the vehicle, Levesque spotted it again on Ocean Grove Avenue. He cutoff the red Ford Ranger pickup at the intersection of Bluff Avenue, got out ofhis truck, and confronted the driver, a 19-year-old Swansea man. Levesquewarned the occupants that he had told them to stay out of his neighborhood, andthen is alleged to have struck the 19-year-old man in the head, according topolice reports.

The bolded part.....if true.......are going to be his problem in court. The occupants of the vehicle are as likelely to claim Levesque went after them adn the crowbar was self defense. From what I read here........if true......he's ****ed.......and should be. Yeah I would be upset if one of my friends or family were stabbed and I'm ok with this even when he went out to look for the plate number off the car leaving his property.......but once he cut them off and exited his vehicle I think in court that is going to show him as the aggressor. Oh well........

"[FONT=&quot]State prosecutors had claimed Levesque planted the crowbar at the scene after the shooting."

I'm sure they had a ton of evidence to support that claim....[/FONT]
[rolleyes]

Glad justice was served in this old case....didn't realize how old it was when I first clicked on the thread.

I do have one question though, was the deceased guilty or not?

Back
Top Bottom