Shooting at Georgia gun range leaves 3 dead

Might be time to upgrade my side arm while I'm at the club.....
Seems like someone robbed a rental range after hours.

The perps have balls of steel.

No way in hell any rental public rental place would Crack my top 5000 of places to rob.

You gotta figure most of the people are armed... some for first time and you have just as good of a chance getting shot by accident as on purpose

I’ve always thought that if someone was desperate to steal a firearm a gun range was a place to consider. I belong to a club with about 900 members and if I shoot on a weekday I’m usually the only one there.
Electronic ear protection helps to alert for any vehicles and I try to scan the area for anyone else there. Besides what I’m shooting, I’ve made it a habit to always have a handgun on me and a handgun on the bench “just in case “.

I’ve always thought that if someone was desperate to steal a firearm a gun range was a place to consider. I belong to a club with about 900 members and if I shoot on a weekday I’m usually the only one there.
Electronic ear protection helps to alert for any vehicles and I try to scan the area for anyone else there. Besides what I’m shooting, I’ve made it a habit to always have a handgun on me and a handgun on the bench “just in case “.
You don't wear your carry gun at the range?

I always carry at the range too for this reason

Why wouldn't you wear your carry gun everywhere? Well, where it's legal to do so, and maybe not in the shower or in bed, although I've been known to have my SS Seecamp in the shower and I've found my wife on occasion with her Sig P238 in the shower when I come home.

Honestly, I have slacked off on carrying at the range as I usually shoot rifles. Not anymore. I have heard of a local Worcester area gang poaching range time at a rural club due to someone sharing the access method. Generally, the stronger gang(s) in this area tend to stay in their lane and only F with those who don't do the same, but you never know. I am also aware of a range bag stolen that thankfully had no firearms in it at the time. That one was solved with cameras.

Always carry.
Ensure your range security systems are working.
Secure your firearms before heading downrange. Obviously a friend watching can be 'secure'.
Report suspicious activity. (Yeah that sounds like being a Karen but use common sense- don't ignore shitbirds where they don't belong)

Why wouldn't you wear your carry gun everywhere? Well, where it's legal to do so, and maybe not in the shower or in bed, although I've been known to have my SS Seecamp in the shower and I've found my wife on occasion with her Sig P238 in the shower when I come home.
Don't f*ck around.
SHOWERGUN_2.jpg

In the shower, or in the bathroom when youre in the shower?

We have a dedicated bathroom gun. If I have to deal with an intruder without being able to wipe, I'm burying a body 🤣
Toilet paper was a good as currency during the Great Panic period of the Pandemic. Why wouldn't one defend that store of value?

When the range rules forbid it?

Do your range rules also prohibit people from shooting other people on the range to steal their firearms? And whatever else?

Just asking for a friend...

Back
Top Bottom