• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting at Denver high school?

It's East HS. It's ginormous.

Two teachers wounded, suspect in the wind. EMTs were already onsite even before the shooting happened, apparently.

Fox reports that 2 years ago Denver removed all police school resource officers from the school because having them there contributed to the pipeline of an excessive number of blacks ending up in the justice system and was discriminatory! Now everyone is crying to have the SRO's back!

They won't be able to use this because it would be racist to even talk about this because it is a black shooter. This will disappear in no time.

Did he have two guns? They found one, and he still shot people?
Anyone wanna bet money on whether he was a prohibited person?

I'm not so sure...

Maybe it's just crappy writing, but:

During Wednesday’s search, a handgun was retrieved and several shots were fired in an office area in the front of the school, away from other students and staff, he said.

I'm not seeing the part where young Austin is the one that fired a weapon.

I don't know who "retrieved" the gun, from where, what gun was actually fired, who fired it and who or what was being shot at.

It really amounts to: Somebody did something.

That said, it takes an intellectual giant to bring a gun to school knowing you'll be patted down.

If they just let kids bring guns to school after a few years maybe the kids and adult responsible.. would simply get their shit together. Yeah, It would make national news and everybody would cry about it for a couple years, but eventually people would wise up.

Worst case scenario is maybe this failed public school system will just end… there’s nothing there learning down there that can’t be learned remotely other than to duck and weave …

I’m still stuck on the WTF of someone being that much of a threat to the other kids that he, as an individual, has to be pulled aside and hand frisked every single day before entering the school.

At what point does common sense kick in and an actual adult says Hey boss wtf are we doing here? This kid don’t belong with these other kids.

I wonder if the other parents were ever notified by any official means that this yute was such a serious physical threat to their kids that they needed to go to these extremes every f***ing day just to make sure he wasn’t armed.

That’s a million dollar question right there.

I wonder if the other parents were ever notified by any official means that this yute was such a serious physical threat to their kids that they needed to go to these extremes every f***ing day just to make sure he wasn’t armed.

I'd be shocked if they were.

If the school broadcast my kid's disciplinary measures to the entire student body and their parents, I'd be ripshit. And so would most any other parent. That's a quick and easy way for schools to get sued.

I've got no clue how Denver Public does its discipline, so I can't say how uncommon this kind of measure would be. But it does seem silly.

Back
Top Bottom