Shooter's Outpost on Bumpfire stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markup on skin flint items not so great.

Had a nice NFA quiet shop display just the same.

Some buyers want top gear for short money left outside again because they want it for free.

can you list them? i don't see it as that black and white. love to see your analysis.

For every statement in this thread railing against bump-fire stocks, calling them "stupid, useless toys," just substitute "silencer," "SBR," or even "AR15," and the true colors show through. There is absolutely no difference between those rants and the rants of Fudds bitching about AR15's you "can't hunt with." The willingness to "give up bump-fire stocks" so they can have [insert their preference here] is absolutely no different than Fudds who will "give up them assault rifles" to keep their "huntin' guns."

For every statement in this thread railing against bump-fire stocks, calling them "stupid, useless toys," just substitute "silencer," "SBR," or even "AR15," and the true colors show through. There is absolutely no difference between those rants and the rants of Fudds bitching about AR15's you "can't hunt with." The willingness to "give up bump-fire stocks" so they can have [insert their preference here] is absolutely no different than Fudds who will "give up them assault rifles" to keep their "huntin' guns."

Nah there's an identifiable difference there.

Mike

I'm really getting an eye opening feel for why guns, in my lifetime, will be banned 100%. We call other gun owners who partake in or own something we don't care for redneck ****sticks. We forfeit OTHER GUN OWNERS rights because we don't particularly like or care for some particular device. Have fun boys and girls, eating each other.

Dude I never said ban em or infringe on anyone's rights. I specifically said if you want em own em. Doesn't change the fact that they are for clowns.

JMHO, Is lookey at us. See we never will or have sold those extra killy things..[rolleyes]

Which I find funny considering they sell what is considered a deadly weapon all day long..

We are the good gun shop![rofl]

We don't sell those bad murdering type guns...[frown]

Last edited:
This. I'm sure I could find various posts on forums predicting something like this would happen and make us all look like clowns -- I wouldn't be surprised if they decided they wanted no part of it.

Mike

For the record, a long time ago, Dr. Grant predicted in a post that bump fire stocks are legal ( if stupid) for now, until some moron uses one in a mass shooting. I bet it was 2-3 years ago.

Maybe it is not a product they believe in for whatever reason, apparently it was never an issue before. Now all of a sudden there are , I wonder why [thinking]
Just like all the crazy's on the left that want to ban them, the crazy's on the right now only want therm, because of what happened in Vegas. Both are part of the problem.

So people looking to buy bump fire stocks now on the eve of a ban are crazies and “part of the problem”? What problem is that exactly?

Dude I never said ban em or infringe on anyone's rights. I specifically said if you want em own em. Doesn't change the fact that they are for clowns.

Not sure why the hate, unless you feel all FA is "for clowns." Ever fired one? Ever even seen one? It's not like someone is shoving a thumb through a belt-loop and firing from the hip. They're every bit as controllable as the real deal, and if you don't have $30K for a real M-16, they offer a (for now) legal way of getting close to the experience.

So, what I'm hearing is: "Have $30K, then you're cool, and I'll line up at your station at a NES shoot to fire your M-16. Don't have $30K, but want to simulate the same thing, you're a redneck ****stick." Did I get that right?

Not sure why the hate, unless you feel all FA is "for clowns." Ever fired one? Ever even seen one? It's not like someone is shoving a thumb through a belt-loop and firing from the hip. They're every bit as controllable as the real deal, and if you don't have $30K for a real M-16, they offer a (for now) legal way of getting close to the experience.

So, what I'm hearing is: "Have $30K, then you're cool, and I'll line up at your station at a NES shoot to fire your M-16. Don't have $30K, but want to simulate the same thing, you're a redneck ****stick." Did I get that right?

As a 23 year army vet and a few years in combat theaters yeah.....I've seen em.....and fired em all....and i mean every one of em from 249 to m60 to m249 and the m2. Even fired an m16 fa before the change to 3 round burst. Spent two years as a primary marksmanship instructor for the m2 and the m249. Please tell me bout "the experience" you are after with a full auto m16! As your sure you will tell me from your VAST experience (more than mine I'm sure [rolleyes])with full auto shoulder fired weapons......about the fact that your way off the target after 4-5 rounds into the burst and your just pissing away good amo. That's the reason the mil came out with the 249 for suppressive fire use and modified the m16 for 3 round. I was in the infantry when that change took place.......we mostly thought the change was a a great idea.

So back on subject.......I'm not saying ban em. I don't give a flying **** what you own. Do]sn't change the fact that bump fires are ghetto full auto for guys that THINK full auto from a should fired rifle is "cool" and they want "the experience".

So......buy em up boys. Have fun.

[rolleyes]

Last edited:
So what you’re saying is that everyone who buys FA guns for any reason other than the investment is a poseur who’s wasting ammo?

Just an observation reading this thread, We can't even unite among ourselves, how can we unite to stand together against threats against 2A?

They are doing an excellent job dividing us, remember they will divide and concur and that will lead to US loosing our constitutional rights.

As a 23 year army vet and a few years in combat theaters yeah.....I've seen em.....and fired em all....and i mean every one of em from 249 to m60 to m249 and the m2. Even fired an m16 fa before the change to 3 round burst. Spent two years as a primary marksmanship instructor for the m2 and the m249. Please tell me bout "the experience" you are after with a full auto m16! As your sure you will tell me from your VAST experience (more than mine I'm sure [rolleyes])with full auto shoulder fired weapons......about the fact that your way off the target after 4-5 rounds into the burst and your just pissing away good amo. That's the reason the mil came out with the 249 for suppressive fire use and modified the m16 for 3 round. I was in the infantry when that change took place.......we mostly thought the change was a a great idea.

So back on subject.......I'm not saying ban em. I don't give a flying **** what you own. Do]sn't change the fact that bump fires are ghetto full auto for guys that THINK full auto from a should fired rifle is "cool" and they want "the experience".

[rolleyes]

Nice. Deliberately misstate my point. What I said was, You seem to have a lot of hate for bump-fire stocks. Have you ever fired one? Not, Are you Rambo, who has fired every weapon the Army every issued? Two different questions. I can only assume you eschew all legally owned FA weapons, and regularly chastise NES shoots with people who think "should [sic] fired rifle is 'cool' and they want the experience." Because I certainly see a lot of people who fit that description there.

Just an observation reading this thread, We can't even unite among ourselves, how can we unite to stand together against threats against 2A?

They are doing an excellent job dividing us, remember they will divide and concur and that will lead to US loosing our constitutional rights.

You’re the one calling people crazies and part of the problem for wanting a slide fire.

Agree.

Ever hear that joke where a guy says a Beretta Jetfire .25ACP saved his life against a charging bear? He says "I pulled out the Jetfire, took steady aim, and shot my girlfriend in the kneecap. I was able to walk away at a brisk pace."

LOTS of people in the gun community willing to be the boyfriend with the Beretta.

Why does anyone care whether or not Shooter's chooses to sell or NOT sell a particular item

Has to be one of the most useless threads ever

Nice. Deliberately misstate my point. What I said was, You seem to have a lot of hate for bump-fire stocks. Have you ever fired one? Not, Are you Rambo, who has fired every weapon the Army every issued? Two different questions. I can only assume you eschew all legally owned FA weapons, and regularly chastise NES shoots with people who think "should [sic] fired rifle is 'cool' and they want the experience." Because I certainly see a lot of people who fit that description there.

No I've never fired a bump fire stock. Why would I when I already know from my actual experience that a shoulder fired rifle fired in full auto mode is tactically a waste of ammo. Jeez.....I'm not being cryptic here man.

And I have stated completely and clearly......if you want one because you like to reduce accuracy and waste ammo like a clown.......buy one.......

As far as legally owned fa......go for it. But may I recommend a nice belt fed system? If I had the $ to spend on fa it would not be a fa m16.

Last edited:
Are we seriously going to insenuate that a bump fire stock is "tacticool" or a "discipline"?!?? WTF?!!?! I'm thinking shooters and some shops didn't sell them because they are just ****ing stupid.

They are stupid, but yes "tacticool". The ods of finding one on an AR with an EO Tech knockoff and a $100 UTG rail is far greater than finding one on a Match AR used for high power competition. I stand by my statement.

Why does anyone care whether or not Shooter's chooses to sell or NOT sell a particular item

Has to be one of the most useless threads ever
I have to agree. They choose to not sell steel cased ammo as well....and it's not worth making a thread about.

No I've never fired a bump fire stock. Why would I when I already know from my actual experience that a shoulder fired rifle fired in full auto mode is tactically a waste of ammo. Jeez.....I'm not being cryptic here man.

And I have stated completely and clearly......if you want one because you like to reduce accuracy and waste ammo like a clown.......buy one.......

As far as legally owned fa......go for it. But may I recommend a nice belt fed system? If I had the $ to spend on fa it would not be a fa m16.

A choice that is pretty much contrary to the thinking of most people who have the money and do buy full auto. The M16 is probably the most versatile weapon out there and their demand is what has driven their price through the roof in a very short time.
Given those current conditions, a slidefire/bumpfire stock is as close as one can come to the same experience and fun without breaking the bank on the purchase and they're obtainable in places where FA is not legal.

Nothing wrong with beltfeds, but they're not easy to lug around or set up and doubly expensive to feed and maintain.

I have to agree. They choose to not sell steel cased ammo as well....and it's not worth making a thread about.

I think most of the disdain for SO comes not from the "we don't sell them" part but from what's implied by "We don't, we never have and we never will."

Personally, I don't dislike SO because of this. There are plenty of other reasons to dislike SO.

SO has good prices on Dillon, but I found that their firearms prices were way high, like "I could get the Mossberg JM Pro for $100 cheaper at such and such" high.

I think most of the disdain for SO comes not from the "we don't sell them" part but from what's implied by "We don't, we never have and we never will."

Personally, I don't dislike SO because of this. There are plenty of other reasons to dislike SO.
fair enough, It's not my place to say where other people spend their money. I know there are plenty of people that feel strongly about them.

I haven't seen SO say that bumpfires should be banned, however.

In my example, just because SO (on many occasions) has said they will never sell steel cased ammo, doesn't mean their offical position is that it should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom