Shooters Outpost in Hooksett NH Unwilling to Sell Muzzle Device to MA Resident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no they couldn't just keep the mag and sell you the gun. the gun is serialized asnd sold "with a large capacity" mag. In the eyes of the MA jackwads that make laws, it is and always will be a hi-cap firearm whether it has the magazine or not. (And this was explained to me by the owner of Four Seasons). Once a hi-cap firearm, always. So rifles shipped to MA FFLs with 10 round mags are GTG, but if that rifle was serialized as for sale in NH (ie with a 30 round mag), it's a No Go through an FFL in MA to a MA resident, ever. Stop blaming NH and NH dealers for dumbass MA laws. By federal law, any FFL making a sale has to ensure the sale is legal in the state of residence of the buyer, regardless of where the FFL is located.
This sounds like made up FS BS.

There kind of is some truth to it..although specifically with handguns it is a common practice to sell a gun that techichally isnt the MA version if there truely identical without the mag other than seriel number.... but for some reason its near impossible to get a dealer to transfer you a fuctionally identical handgun if its one of the "cookie cutter custom model" with some type of special finnish and a "cool" marketing name becausd it isn't approved..maybe technically neither are suppose to happen but the states so retarded with their registration scheme but then never do a simple database search and turn up all kinds of ****ups...
My guess would be it isnt that simple for them to do and not worth there time....aswell as the whole goal of gun control schemes has nothing to do with prosicuting or preventing "crime"

Tell you a secret... We actually don't like people from MA in general (except for my bros). Them not coming to NH, to buy shit free of a tax that they voted to keep, is actually the best case scenario. Most of them have an attitude, which isn't really appreciated down here. Don't like how vendors run their business in NH? Easy fix: buy your shit in MA.
So, how long you lived there? Because the only people I hear talk like this are transplants.

To most who lives N of Concord, the "Flatlanders" are the problem, wherever from.

Youre painting with a broad brush dude. Know why I buy a lot of shit in NH? Because I'd rather have the money going to NH instead of MA.gov. Its going to NH businesses who use it to pay NH employees who spend it mostly in NH. I prefer that to MA.gov dumping it in the general fund and using it to finance some shitbag shuffling around the projects all day with a cell phone stuck to his face. Im doing my part to starve the beast, for whatever its worth. Figure in the cost of gas, wear and tear and my time, Im probably not saving a dime buying in NH. (I paid $2.09 to gas up in Derry Saturday vs $1.99 at Costco 10 minutes from my house.).
If this is your plan, it's not working. In many ways MA bureaucrats are marvels of efficiency compared to their NH counterparts.

Northeast Arms in Peabody has pretty much exactly the same prices on ammo as Riley's and seems to have more 62 grain 5.56 selection.

Friends don't let friends shop at Shooter's Outpost.

Last edited:
This sounds like made up FS BS.
She is mixing up serial numbers with manufacturer's MA-compliant SKU numbers (and, in some cases, MA-compliant model numbers). This is mainly a handguns issue due to our EOPSS list and AG's rules (the "top secret" list) but it also applies to manufacturer's when they were offering MA-compliant long guns (pre-Ms Maura's madness) due to our MA AWB. It has been debated here whether or not non-compliant long guns converted to MA-compliant are legal here (or at least were legal here pre-Maura). We all know the practice was widespread and no one ever worried about it... although a few folks still sometimes debate the technical legality as if it really mattered.

BTW, just this past weekend I was up in NH and spotted a long gun in a shop (not Shooters Outpost) wherein the only non-compliant feature was the more-than-10-round magazine. Would the shop have sold it to me if I had told them to keep the magazine? [thinking] I'll never know as I just wasn't that interested.

I pay my MA State Income taxes for working in MA - you come North and pay what ... a Toll? Come up to ski, stay at hotel, buy meals and I'm in your debt [wink] We'll tax your *ss off.

I just got whacked by MASSDOT for a $51 toll for being in the wrong lane going thru the clusterfuk of Sumner Tunnel.

Yep. As many others have said, this is old news. The place just plain sucks. Its reputation is the worst in NH.
If you think SO is the worst gun store in NH, you’re spoiled. I once went to a place in Laconia that, in their infinite wisdom, decided to operate a table saw right next to the used/surplus holster bin. So when you wanted to pick a holster, you had to shake three pounds of saw dust out of the damn holster.
I was writing strictly from a lame policies and unnecessary customer hassle point of view, in particular regard to us M******* customers. Perhaps there are worse shops somewhere up in NH. I just haven't found them yet. [laugh]

Would you sign an indemnification contract agreeing to pay the store's legal fees if the MA AG decides to go after them for selling you the product?'

If not, you are not only asking to buy a product, but also asking the vendor to underwrite the risk of AG insurgency.

How can the MA AG go after them? The sale would occur outside of her jurisdiction.

What logic tree would you follow to think that tyrannical statist twat gives a rat's ass what her office's statutory limits or jurisdictions count for anything?

I would hope that the NH AG would tell her to go pound sand.....But in any event, the question needed to be asked.

Next time don't lead off with "I'm from MA". Whether it's shopping or visiting anywhere. Nothing good comes from it. If pressed at the register, say <NH town>. Pay cash. Leave.
Correction: NEVER (not just "next time", but NEVER!) lead off with "I'm from Ma" if you're purchasing literally anything from anywhere, anytime, any place etc...I've never walked into any establishment (not only gun related businesses but ANY business) and even mentioned that I'm a citizen of the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts...cuz usually NOTHING good can come from such a declaration. Even if you end up in a "pleasant" conversation with a shop owner or clerk, you always end up feeling slightly nauseous having mentioned residing here.

Just sayin'

Just tell them it's going on a bolt action .22 rifle ...

The law says :

(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and
has at least 2 of—
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the
weapon;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a
flash suppressor;
and
(v) a grenade launcher;

Report this to Maura. She will sue SO for violating the federal Interstate Commerce Act.
As if she hasn't already drawn up the legal docs for this yet? She probably has an entire file loaded with pre-printed "standard form to Eff someone with" and can just fill in the blanks as she sees fit...
"The Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. _____ , in the matter of____" (etc)

Just sayin'

Actually no they couldn't just keep the mag and sell you the gun. the gun is serialized asnd sold "with a large capacity" mag. In the eyes of the MA jackwads that make laws, it is and always will be a hi-cap firearm whether it has the magazine or not. (And this was explained to me by the owner of Four Seasons). Once a hi-cap firearm, always. So rifles shipped to MA FFLs with 10 round mags are GTG, but if that rifle was serialized as for sale in NH (ie with a 30 round mag), it's a No Go through an FFL in MA to a MA resident, ever. Stop blaming NH and NH dealers for dumbass MA laws. By federal law, any FFL making a sale has to ensure the sale is legal in the state of residence of the buyer, regardless of where the FFL is located.

Not sure if serious. More made up stuff..... there are plenty of nh shops that sold MA residents crippled rifle packages and it was all 100% legal. The sku on the box is meaningless.

Im wondering if nh alrady has a law on the books indemnifing its businesses from blue state AGs. Remember the MA DOR twanted to go after town faire tire for their client list and the NH legislature changed the law on them. There is other stuff too. My wife racked up 800 or so on parking tix in MA as a NH resident... they couldnt go after her bc of some law NH made. When she moved to MA there was nothing attachedto her name preventing getting a MA DL

It's actually illegal in NH for businesses to share customer info with "foreign" revenue agencies, at least. That law got passed after tge town fair tire thing, going to guess it only applies to tax issues though.

All the other Shooter gayness aside this one issue does have merit from a business perspective. I believe he did end up looking down the barrel of that last snatch of an AGs legal barrel. Im suprised that with all the current localized retardation of reinterpretation of current law this has not really opened anyones eyes to the reality of the situation in a grand sense...

So, how long you lived there? Because the only people I hear talk like this are transplants.

To most who lives N of Concord, the "Flatlanders" are the problem, wherever from.

If this is your plan, it's not working. In many ways MA bureaucrats are marvels of efficiency compared to their NH counterparts.

Northeast Arms in Peabody has pretty much exactly the same prices on ammo as Riley's and seems to have more 62 grain 5.56 selection.

Friends don't let friends shop at Shooter's Outpost.

If im gassing up, buying stuff at Walmart or work n gear or wherever, in NH, how is it getting back to MA? If anything, gun shops in MA are the one business Im willing to bite the bullet and give my money to. I do buy in NH relatively often, but unless the prices are totally unreasonable I dont jave a problem buying guns and ammo in MA. The benefit of supporting MA shops outweighs giving MA my money.

LOL @ this thread

I just wish NH people would learn to keep right except to pass. That's my only major beef.

The fact that Shooters Outpost is covering their ass doesn't bother me. It's our (MA Residents) fault for letting our government get completely out of control. Showing my LTC to buy ammo just isn't really that big of a deal to me.

Is searching Amazon for two of the very few brakes on their site supposed to demonstrate that Amazon sells muzzle brakes??

When Amazon instituted the ban on muzzle brakes, vendors complained that others were selling them. Amazon responded saying they actively police their vendors but it takes time. So, a couple exceptions is really beside the point.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-the-sales-of-muzzle-brakes-and-compensators/

Is searching Amazon for two of the very few brakes on their site supposed to demonstrate that Amazon sells muzzle brakes??

When Amazon instituted the ban on muzzle brakes, vendors complained that others were selling them. Amazon responded saying they actively police their vendors but it takes time. So, a couple exceptions is really beside the point.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-the-sales-of-muzzle-brakes-and-compensators/

Wow, I had no idea. I guess I lucked out when I bought a PWS muzzle brake on December 22 last year...

Their store, their rules. Next time you call them tell them you're a mass resident and you're looking for a "rooster" ring in x caliber.
Or inquire if they have Battle Toads lol.

Never seen such a thread cluttered with so much bullshit opinions

If I was a gun dealer, I'd probably not sell anything to anyone from MA either. With your AG just making shit up as she goes along, why the hell would I want to open up that can of potential legal worms?

If you want to buy shit from SO, move to NH. This practice of limiting sales to limit their potential legal exposure is nothing new, and frankly a smart idea based on your awesome new "interpretations".

LOL @ this thread

I just wish NH people would learn to keep right except to pass. That's my only major beef.

When you shoot up my ass doing 90 I feel its my duty. I had one of you do that in a 55 zone so I slowed to the limit and got a big gulp tossed at my window. I hope one of you mountain bikers went ass over elbows that weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom