• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost in Hooksett NH Unwilling to Sell Muzzle Device to MA Resident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you a secret... We actually don't like people from MA in general (except for my bros). Them not coming to NH, to buy shit free of a tax that they voted to keep, is actually the best case scenario. Most of them have an attitude, which isn't really appreciated down here. Don't like how vendors run their business in NH? Easy fix: buy your shit in MA.

speaking of bad attitudes. I get a kick out of people like you judge people based off where they live, we didn't vote for any of these laws. Soon we will all be the same once executive orders come down form Hilldog.

- - - Updated - - -

ok we'll stop coming to NH to buy stuff when you NH residents stop coming here for your jobs. Deal?

By the thousands. Hope you dont ever need state of the art health care in boston. Oh no sporting events or concerts either.

Tell you a secret... We actually don't like people from MA in general (except for my bros). Them not coming to NH, to buy shit free of a tax that they voted to keep, is actually the best case scenario. Most of them have an attitude, which isn't really appreciated down here. Don't like how vendors run their business in NH? Easy fix: buy your shit in MA.

Youre painting with a broad brush dude. Know why I buy a lot of shit in NH? Because I'd rather have the money going to NH instead of MA.gov. Its going to NH businesses who use it to pay NH employees who spend it mostly in NH. I prefer that to MA.gov dumping it in the general fund and using it to finance some shitbag shuffling around the projects all day with a cell phone stuck to his face. Im doing my part to starve the beast, for whatever its worth. Figure in the cost of gas, wear and tear and my time, Im probably not saving a dime buying in NH. (I paid $2.09 to gas up in Derry Saturday vs $1.99 at Costco 10 minutes from my house.)

Also, I'd be willing to bet the average guy buying in Shooters or Rileys didnt vote to keep the sales tax either. MA has more than its fair share of shitbags, but we aint all like that. You should be glad the money's coming in from outside of NH and more than likely circulating inside NH once its there.

I agree with you as far as NH vendors. Its their place, they make the rules. If I had the means, I'd open a shop off of 93 somewhere in Salem that would bend over backwards to help MA gun owners get what they want.

[video]https://youtu.be/8HJWA0LLQ-M[/video]
So I just called Shooters Outpost in NH to ask about purchasing a muzzle break to finish my new MA Compliant upper. Travis from their "AR Department" said they couldn't sell me a "loose muzzle device", i.e. otherwise MA compliant (we're not talking about a flash hider, but something generally agreed to as MA OK) bc it wasn't pinned and welded on an upper as it left their store.

When I asked how he'd know I was a resident of MA he said "we check all licenses for all purchases". This sounds like a bizarre set of interpretations of the law (that it would be "constructive intent", which frankly, if it were even a germane concept in this scenario, is my problem, not theirs) and practice--I've never been to a store that looks at my license for a cash purchase of an unregulated gun part. Anyone else run into this (here or elsewhere)?

Travis said "I'll check with my Compliance guy and call you back" (which regardless of what the call back yields, if it comes, I'm thinking twice about giving my patronage to anyone with such a bizarre set of practices (we look at your license when buying unregulated gun parts? What?!).

Am I off here, or is this flat out asinine? I mean I've been in several stores in MA (over the years) that sell them (off the gun), and nobody's closed them down. They just happened to have some variety and I was hoping to go for a nice drive today. It sounds to me like they don't need or want my business is the bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it

ok we'll stop coming to NH to buy stuff when you NH residents stop coming here for your jobs. Deal?

Headshot!

George_zps4vc6rvtc.gif

Last edited:

I pay my MA State Income taxes for working in MA - you come North and pay what ... a Toll? Come up to ski, stay at hotel, buy meals and I'm in your debt [wink] We'll tax your *ss off.

I pay my MA State Income taxes for working in MA - you come North and pay what ... a Toll? Come up to ski, stay at hotel, buy meals and I'm in your debt [wink] We'll tax your *ss off.
Indirectly, ma purchases in NH pay tax via the taxes on business profits

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

clerk: "well how do we know you wont just cut the brake off in the future?"
Me: puzzled and confused "because that would be illegal, why would I do that"
Clerk: "We don't know what you could do with it"
Me: "you dont know what anyone does with any gun that leaves the store regardless where they live"

How does he know that Elmer who just bought a side by side won't break out the hacksaw and saw off the barrels?

yyeeahhhh, thats just a little past the scope of selling a completely unregulated part....
JNot really. Look at how much the MA DOR cost Town Faire Tire in legal fees for selling unregulated tires in NH to MA residents. Are you convinced it is enough to a stretch to sign an indemnification contract if asked as a condition of sale?

As seen in no intelligently conceived business plan ever. [rofl]

I've always understood the Mass law to be a firearm under 50oz when fully assembled is ok to have with a threaded barrel....which would probably limit it to pistols only...

Yep. As many others have said, this is old news. The place just plain sucks. Its reputation is the worst in NH. Drive on by like I do. Riley's is right down the road. [rockon]

If you think SO is the worst gun store in NH, you’re spoiled. I once went to a place in Laconia that, in their infinite wisdom, decided to operate a table saw right next to the used/surplus holster bin. So when you wanted to pick a holster, you had to shake three pounds of saw dust out of the damn holster.

Real class act establishment run by intelligent, friendly and quality-oriented people…

Just another case of local gun shops being D-bags, buy online from Waaay across the country where people aren't D-bags.
I laugh at gun shops that act like D-bags, makes me feel so much better about online shopping, i save money and deal with generally good people, the Northeast attitude sucks, bunch of miserable old pricks that literally know nothing of what they speak.
So much for the big happy gun family working together to piss off the Anti's.

If you think SO is the worst gun store in NH, you’re spoiled. I once went to a place in Laconia that, in their infinite wisdom, decided to operate a table saw right next to the used/surplus holster bin. So when you wanted to pick a holster, you had to shake three pounds of saw dust out of the damn holster.

Real class act establishment run by intelligent, friendly and quality-oriented people…

Martels?

Youre painting with a broad brush dude. Know why I buy a lot of shit in NH? Because I'd rather have the money going to NH instead of MA.gov. Its going to NH businesses who use it to pay NH employees who spend it mostly in NH. I prefer that to MA.gov dumping it in the general fund and using it to finance some shitbag shuffling around the projects all day with a cell phone stuck to his face. Im doing my part to starve the beast, for whatever its worth. Figure in the cost of gas, wear and tear and my time, Im probably not saving a dime buying in NH. (I paid $2.09 to gas up in Derry Saturday vs $1.99 at Costco 10 minutes from my house.)

Also, I'd be willing to bet the average guy buying in Shooters or Rileys didnt vote to keep the sales tax either. MA has more than its fair share of shitbags, but we aint all like that. You should be glad the money's coming in from outside of NH and more than likely circulating inside NH once its there.

I agree with you as far as NH vendors. Its their place, they make the rules. If I had the means, I'd open a shop off of 93 somewhere in Salem that would bend over backwards to help MA gun owners get what they want.
There is already one there. Next Level Firearms right on 28. Also for any brothers here the owner is a Mason. I believe he is a dealer member here as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just another case of local gun shops being D-bags, buy online from Waaay across the country where people aren't D-bags.
I laugh at gun shops that act like D-bags, makes me feel so much better about online shopping, i save money and deal with generally good people, the Northeast attitude sucks, bunch of miserable old pricks that literally know nothing of what they speak.
So much for the big happy gun family working together to piss off the Anti's.
Honestly most MA gun shop owners or at least their employees are straight up a$$holes in my opinion they have the I'm smarter than you attitude and are self promoted know it all's I can't tell you how many times I've seen new gun owners or people walking in sporting a brand new LTC looking for their first gun purchase and get punked off as idiots when they approach the counter asking questions. The gun world has more ignorant people than not.

Would you sign an indemnification contract agreeing to pay the store's legal fees if the MA AG decides to go after them for selling you the product?'

If not, you are not only asking to buy a product, but also asking the vendor to underwrite the risk of AG insurgency.

Im wondering if nh alrady has a law on the books indemnifing its businesses from blue state AGs. Remember the MA DOR twanted to go after town faire tire for their client list and the NH legislature changed the law on them. There is other stuff too. My wife racked up 800 or so on parking tix in MA as a NH resident... they couldnt go after her bc of some law NH made. When she moved to MA there was nothing attachedto her name preventing getting a MA DL

Honestly most MA gun shop owners or at least their employees are straight up a$$holes in my opinion they have the I'm smarter than you attitude and are self promoted know it all's I can't tell you how many times I've seen new gun owners or people walking in sporting a brand new LTC looking for their first gun purchase and get punked off as idiots when they approach the counter asking questions. The gun world has more ignorant people than not.

My first gun purchase the store I wnt to tried to punk me into a beat up used .40 (i wanted 9mm). Went to FS instead. The guy behind the counter showed me about 8 different guns he thought i may like in the caliber I wanted and gave me the pros and cons on each and showed me how to take a few of them down for cleaning.

That place blows...
I got carded for ammo, they saw my mass lic and then wanted my LTC.... Hey enforce NH law we got enough policing here in mass... I walked out and left the $700 worth of ammo on the counter.

Has this been a recent development in store policy with them? The last time I was there (3 years ago), I left with a shit ton of ammo...not sure if I had to show ID but I paid with my credit card and didn't have a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I haven't been in there since they refused to sell me a Mass Compliant Saiga AK because it came with a 30 round mag, the idiots there couldn't wrap their head around that they could just keep the mag or throw it away or whatever, after a long song and dance they left $1600+ Sale on the table ( my buddy was going to buy one too ) because they wanted to be ridiculous. Fast forward and I'm now a NH resident and have give Rileys thousands of dollars worth of business as well as my buddy. In short we drive right past Shooters to go to Rileys to spend our money. I know some SO apoligists here will chime in with the typical NES BS of their business their rules but being stupid AND ignorant is not necessary.

Actually no they couldn't just keep the mag and sell you the gun. the gun is serialized asnd sold "with a large capacity" mag. In the eyes of the MA jackwads that make laws, it is and always will be a hi-cap firearm whether it has the magazine or not. (And this was explained to me by the owner of Four Seasons). Once a hi-cap firearm, always. So rifles shipped to MA FFLs with 10 round mags are GTG, but if that rifle was serialized as for sale in NH (ie with a 30 round mag), it's a No Go through an FFL in MA to a MA resident, ever. Stop blaming NH and NH dealers for dumbass MA laws. By federal law, any FFL making a sale has to ensure the sale is legal in the state of residence of the buyer, regardless of where the FFL is located.

Actually no they couldn't just keep the mag and sell you the gun. the gun is serialized asnd sold "with a large capacity" mag. In the eyes of the MA jackwads that make laws, it is and always will be a hi-cap firearm whether it has the magazine or not. (And this was explained to me by the owner of Four Seasons). Once a hi-cap firearm, always. So rifles shipped to MA FFLs with 10 round mags are GTG, but if that rifle was serialized as for sale in NH (ie with a 30 round mag), it's a No Go through an FFL in MA to a MA resident, ever. Stop blaming NH and NH dealers for dumbass MA laws. By federal law, any FFL making a sale has to ensure the sale is legal in the state of residence of the buyer, regardless of where the FFL is located.
I agree with this.
That said, checking id and for a MA LTC is not necessary, according to federal law.

If you don't like their policies, don't shop there. Pretty simple problem really.

This is the first time I've heard that a free state rifle can never be brought into Massachusetts, and up until the recent AG edict, converting a rifle to be "Mass Compliant" was common place and generally accepted as legal.

I like Carl from Four Seasons, but he's not a lawyer (especially not your lawyer) and he's in the business of selling you shit that he's telling you that you can't buy elsewhere. I think he's a little biased.

Oh, and btw, firearms "aren't serialized for sale" in any particular state. They get made and sent to distributors and it could land in one of 50 states for sale. Hell, even a Massachusetts compliant rifle could land in NH if the shop wants to sell that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom