• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost in Hooksett NH Unwilling to Sell Muzzle Device to MA Resident

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a gun dealer, I'd probably not sell anything to anyone from MA either. With your AG just making shit up as she goes along, why the hell would I want to open up that can of potential legal worms?

If you want to buy shit from SO, move to NH. This practice of limiting sales to limit their potential legal exposure is nothing new, and frankly a smart idea based on your awesome new "interpretations".

I think the policy is a bit over the top but frankly if on 7/21 I saw "no sales to MA residents of any kind" plastered on every NH gun shop window or every NH wal mart ammo counter, I'd be annoyed but I also would NEVER blame them for it, either. The AGs office down here is out of control and very few people in power down here have the integrity to punch her in the face on this. If this was any "less ****ed up" state, the AG would have been run out on a rail by now or a piece of legislation would have been passed to limit the AG's power such that it could not be used to harass people in this way. In the not so distant past most of the corruption in MA had manifested itself in what I would call a "soft and merely annoying" manner but the AGs manuvers here have crossed the line in a fundamental way that brings MA firmly into NY and NJ style, full on, "wanton and gratuitous corrupt ****ing shithole territory". The only thing at this point keeping us from being at the level of those two communist blocs is the fact that law enforcement and the DAs as a generality have not turned up the heat, YET... and that MA has very little money put into gun control. Of course we're talking the difference between D- and F- here.

-Mike

Next time don't lead off with "I'm from MA". Whether it's shopping or visiting anywhere. Nothing good comes from it. If pressed at the register, say <NH town>. Pay cash. Leave.

It's more than that even. NEVER discuss legal issues with an FFL, ever, beyond the bare minimum required, particularly if you're not on friend terms with them. It never goes anywhere good. Don't ask them legal questions, don't tell them where you're from, don't volunteer ANY information that is unnecessary. If they blow smoke up your ass don't bother trying to change their mind (again, exception if you have a good working relationship/friendship with them) just take your business elsewhere. It's not worth the grief or wasted time. Someone is going to say "but what if I honestly don't know???!?" then my answer is DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH on the laws or use a third party (someone you trust) to help you interpret the laws, etc. People who run their mouths to FFLs they don't know aren't doing themselves any favors- leading to blocked sales or worse, get reported to the kopsch for asking series of dumb questions like that kid used to shop at North Shore... This is a sensitive industry, and acting 'tarded or appearing like a weirdo to a dealer is never going to help you, just make them suspicious and question your motives. (And I can't blame the FFLs even for acting this way, given the huge proliferation of post-sandy hook dumbasses we have filling the ranks.)

-Mike

When you shoot up my ass doing 90 I feel its my duty. I had one of you do that in a 55 zone so I slowed to the limit and got a big gulp tossed at my window. I hope one of you mountain bikers went ass over elbows that weekend...

Just so you know, you're endangering yourself and others more than the speeder is.

I wish police were more diligent about ticketing this type of aggressive driving.

It's more than that even. NEVER discuss legal issues with an FFL, ever, beyond the bare minimum required, particularly if you're not on friend terms with them. It never goes anywhere good. Don't ask them legal questions, don't tell them where you're from, don't volunteer ANY information that is unnecessary. If they blow smoke up your ass don't bother trying to change their mind (again, exception if you have a good working relationship/friendship with them) just take your business elsewhere. It's not worth the grief or wasted time. Someone is going to say "but what if I honestly don't know???!?" then my answer is DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH on the laws or use a third party (someone you trust) to help you interpret the laws, etc. People who run their mouths to FFLs they don't know aren't doing themselves any favors- leading to blocked sales or worse, get reported to the kopsch for asking series of dumb questions like that kid used to shop at North Shore... This is a sensitive industry, and acting 'tarded or appearing like a weirdo to a dealer is never going to help you, just make them suspicious and question your motives. (And I can't blame the FFLs even for acting this way, given the huge proliferation of post-sandy hook dumbasses we have filling the ranks.)

-Mike

This is much like putting lipstick on a pig!

As Mike says, don't argue with idiots, just go elsewhere.

I get a kick out of all the "live free or die" hardos, but are terrified of selling a simple off the shelf unregulated item.

[laugh] Frauds

Jc5EzOF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom