• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost II

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member

Soon...

The Amherst Store will be ¼ the size of the Hooksett location. At 3,600sf they don’t have room for a re-loading section. The building will be mainly guns and ammo, with a section for used parts, accessories, broken cases and boxes of ammunition and so forth. It will also house another Sig Sauer Elite Store. Discounted Bulk Ammunition will always be a main focus, and surplus ammunition if available.

141 Rte 101A Amherst, NH @ Heritage Place

yeah, i'm a glenn's in n reading regular but a nicely stocked reloading area in a gun shop is the only thing that would make me travel now. i do wish the new place success.
I miss Glenn's (used to go there semi-frequently when I lived in MA, has a ton of oddball stuff and some good deals).
I chiefly do online orders for components when a vendor is offering free hazmat and/or shipping, but it's nice to have a physical store for trying a powder here or there or incidentals. I pass the location of what will be SO2 typically 1-3 times a week so it would have been very convenient but between Targetsports Prime and my somewhat niche firearms interests, a reloading section was going to be the draw for me as I am not likely to buy guns or ammo from a normal shop with any regularity.

Nevertheless, wish them success.

(used to go there semi-frequently when I lived in MA, has a ton of oddball stuff and some good deals)
me too. haven't been in some time, i tend to really over buy if the stuff is there looking me in the face. the deals in most of the factory popular calibers now almost killed reloading unless you reload for a special purpose...competition, hunting situations, etc. i notice a lot of shops are eliminating their reloading sections entirely.

RIP.
# 1 reason I was looking forward to it.

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Maybe in the future they can just stock some primers and a few common powders there, 95% of "getting reloading stuff" for me would have consisted of picking up those two things....

-Mike

Maybe in the future they can just stock some primers and a few common powders there, 95% of "getting reloading stuff" for me would have consisted of picking up those two things....

-Mike
That'd be fine with me. Would be handy to have a place to get Hazmat items here and there without feeling the need to order a couple hundreds worth of stuff to mitigate shipping + hazmat.

If I'm going for a bulk order, a physical shop is unlikely to be able to match the pricing and selection of an online vendor. But for 1000 primers or 1 lb of a new powder, a physical shop makes more sense.

Each has their place.

-Mike
I have no problem stocking the top 5 powder, bullet & primer SKU’s

This sounds like it will be a nice store. A lot of shops in this area have gone under so it is refreshing to actually see something opening instead of closing.

But that neck of the woods is not exactly gun friendly. If you are familiar with the Amherst/Northampton area then you already know how left wing liberal anti2A those folks can be. We really need to get out and support this shop.

Thank You Shooters Outpost.

This sounds like it will be a nice store. A lot of shops in this area have gone under so it is refreshing to actually see something opening instead of closing.

But that neck of the woods is not exactly gun friendly. If you are familiar with the Amherst/Northampton area then you already know how left wing liberal anti2A those folks can be. We really need to get out and support this shop.

Thank You Shooters Outpost.
This is in NH.

I'll definitely need to check it out when I am in that neck of the woods...

Soon...

The Amherst Store will be ¼ the size of the Hooksett location. At 3,600sf they don’t have room for a re-loading section. The building will be mainly guns and ammo, with a section for used parts, accessories, broken cases and boxes of ammunition and so forth. It will also house another Sig Sauer Elite Store. Discounted Bulk Ammunition will always be a main focus, and surplus ammunition if available.

141 Rte 101A Amherst, NH @ Heritage Place

I’ve been busting butt moving surplus Ammo, parts, pieces and so forth. For you bargain hunters out there, I found some cases of 8mm and cans of .308 that look like they’ve been buried in a jungle for awhile, but should look good inside. And yes; I’ll let you crack the seal and check before leaving. The Town of Amherst continues to be awesome. I had the Town Administrator, a Fire Inspector & the Chief of Police all in yesterday for a preliminary inspection. All went well so far, and the Police Chief hand delivered my license to sell pistols & revolvers. A few more things to do before moving a few thousand guns in. This store will be used for overruns, broken cases and boxes of ammo, overstock of guns from the Hooksett Store and much much more. I’ll post a date when I get closer, and plan to have a NES exclusive day or night before opening to the public. Any ideas, suggestions etc are needed and welcomed. Jim

Saving my pennies for opening day, gonna get me some of that .308 Any chance they are on stripper clips?

Back
Top Bottom