Shooters Outpost Hooksett

Enough! People have been talking about this place since at least May. "It's worth checking out" wink wink. I stopped by today and for the fourth time found it closed. So- when will it be open?

Well. Since I refuse to be a part of facebook, looks like I'll just have to wait until I see a full parking lot, no?

I've made a statement that I will be the very last person on earth to become a member of facebook. I plan to hold tight to that position. The link works for non members but it's just filled with silly comments and promises.

Shooters Outpost's success all going to boil down to two things: Do you have.....? and How much is it?

Last edited:
Shooters Outpost Update

Update - We are working 16 hour days to make this place happen, and promise some great prices/selection and most of all SERVICE!
Our POS System arrived on Friday after being stuck in New Jersey because of the storm, and as I write this message, my wife is setting up the electronic bound books.

1. Ammunition & Reloading Dept.: Our ammunition and reloading department currently houses over a quarter of a million dollars worth of new and surplus ammo. I estimate that it will take six or so months to get those area's where I really want them. It will take people like you folks to guide us in these departments to get to the finest selection available anywhere. "WE WILL LISTEN,AND ACT"

2. Long guns : We'll have one hell of a long gun selection from the start, and it will be a ongoing battle to keep it filled. I have many C&R items to start with.
3. Black Rifles: We have one of the largest black gun sections that you could imagine in the northeast - with an entire section devoted to AR Parts and receivers.
4. Handguns : Thousands of New Handguns ready to go - some of the hardest to find items are here.
5. Class three: This has always been my thing!!! Our Class Three section will be the fantastic to say the least. We hold a Federal "Type 10" Destructive Device License.
6. 5.11/ Tactical Wear : Our 5.11 section is not a "cop shop" but is 2,500sf of everyday clothing,holsters,boots and all of the other tactical gear. We do not sell handcuffs/safety vest/or uniforms.

We are truly sorry for the delays, but promise that you'll like it! [smile]

If you ever see a price tag that you think is high "it means we paid too much for it" We will work hard to earn your business!

Last edited:
They opened @ 10:00 am today, and the Parking lot was full.. Very nice store, lost of cool stuff.

got up this morning to make the trip up for the opening. wasn't really expecting a lot of people, but I had to park down the street a short walk away. The parking lot for SOP was full, no spots to park. A line with I would say 75+ people waiting at 10am. The building looks great from the outside, the inside even better. Their 5.11 section had almost the entire catalog in it. Cloths, Bags, gloves, shoes, knives, sunglasses, etc the full gambit. Was a little dissappointed for the reloading section, only RCBS equipment, but from what I've read they are expecting a lot more equipment for that section, possible dillon equipment. Ammo section was loaded, lots of surplus ammo. New and Used 50cal ammo cans, used 3 for $25 or $10 each, New Ammo cans $19.99 each.

upstairs was impressive. They had a ton of long guns, a variety of options new and used. H&K, FNH, a number of different AR makes, and even had a number of full auto options. Nice handgun selection, of course the handgun selection just pissed my wife and me off. We drove up from Ma**h***!

They could have used some more staffing. We were there for about 10min and someone asked what number they were on for service. The guy asked what number he was, he was number 45, and then mentioned they were only on number 6.

I was hoping for more options for AR accessories and optics. They really didn't have any optics that I saw. But they did have a lot of counters empty/half empty, so I image there's a lot more to come.

If your in the area or can make the trip, I would recommend checking them out! Seems like they are very excited to be open and really want to help.

got up this morning to make the trip up for the opening. wasn't really expecting a lot of people, but I had to park down the street a short walk away. The parking lot for SOP was full, no spots to park. A line with I would say 75+ people waiting at 10am.

Too bad the news media wasn't there with a live remote satellite truck covering the event, that would have been something. [laugh]

Ever go to a restaurant on the first day ? Menu looks good ,prices look good , but when you leave you make excuses for what went wrong , hoping they get it together.

Long guns are all locked in the racks. You can't pick one up to look at them.
Calibers and prices weren't marked on a great many guns either.

My buddy was not able to buy ammo because the computer system didn't work right. 100 packs of 5.56 were tagged , the cases under them weren't , the help wasn't able to deviate from the " system " and refused to sell cases , citing computer inventory issues. He showed up with 1500 bucks to spent and left empty handed.

I waited at an empty counter with a few Magpul products ( flip up sights ) after 10 minutes a Benneli rep wandered over , told me he didn't work there but someone would probably be along to help eventually. When a youngster did show up , he said he didn't what the prices were , but would be back soon. He didn't come back.

They did have a lot of tactical pants downstairs... My 2 friends and I left without spending anything , even though we tried. Rileys however was not busy , and we were able to trade goods for cash without problems there , including the 3k of 5.56 we were looking for.

But , like I inferred I'll try them again in a few weeks. The items I saw with price tags were good.

Nearly drove by that way to check on the place today on the way home from NH but decided to stay on the highway. If I knew for a fact it was open I'd have driven by. Probably better off letting the first week or 2 go by to let them work out the opening butterflies.

I stopped in right around 6PM. The parking lot was nearly full. Downstairs was mainly clothes and ammunition, The bulk of the ammunition section was closed off. But there were cases of 8MM going for about 23 cents a round. Yugoslavian brass cased 7.62x39 was around 20 cents apiece. Definitely a good price as the scrap value is around 3 cents each. Cases of 7.62x54 for about 17 cents each. And then you go upstairs. There were probably 400 new handguns facing you on display with more around the counter. There were arsenal re-conditioned Mosin Nagants for $100. Curio & relic SKS's for about $240. Dozens of AR's. In the used racks, I saw several M1A's, a couple of Garands and a few more SKS's for a pretty good price.
This place is going to more than give Riley's a run for the money. Maybe a little price competition? Riley's prices don't seem to be nearly as good as they were when Denver was there. I'll be going to both.

10-6 every day

10-6? Looks like they won't be getting much of my business. They close before I get out of work. Rileys is open til 9 Thursday and Friday. If Jim really wants to compete with Rileys, longer hours on Thursday and Friday are a must. If he wants to really put the hurt on Rileys, staying open later than 6 everyday (especially Saturday) will help.

Hopefully the hours are short term and will change to be later, at the very least I hope they are open later on Thursday Friday and Saturday.

Will hold judgement for a bit..

10-6? Looks like they won't be getting much of my business. They close before I get out of work. Rileys is open til 9 Thursday and Friday. If Jim really wants to compete with Rileys, longer hours on Thursday and Friday are a must. If he wants to really put the hurt on Rileys, staying open later than 6 everyday (especially Saturday) will help.

Hopefully the hours are short term and will change to be later, at the very least I hope they are open later on Thursday Friday and Saturday.

I went at 5 on monday and the place was pretty good at first look...plenty of potenital but still has a shake down cruise to make.
Good points.. lots of rifles, pistols, machine guns and tactical clothing. Workers were friendly but had to make a lot of excuses for systems not working and prices not on weapons. The owners had a heck of a job to get things up and running.... over all good openning.

Not so good experience for the first day...gun purchase limited to one gun, had to get a 'ticket" and q up in line to buy and pay.
Small boxed ammo section closed with traffic cones... computer terminal problems so they couldn't sell any ammo. Lots of items
had no price tags. They had a lot of nice rifles but none of the tags marked the caliber... hey we all aren't experts on this stuff.

Don't get me wrong the place had problems on openning day but these things are only normal. If i were you I'd wait till the weekend or next week before visiting. They are not quite ready for prime time but they know the problems are trying to fix them ASAP. Ididn't see any great deals so your not missing any great opening day sales. Check them out in a few weeks and it will be a much better experience for you!

Last edited:
There ammo isn't priced any better then Riley's .223 175$/420 lake city rounds 100$/200 Remington Umc rounds don't sell 500 or 1000 round cases they said. 7.99 for steel cased 20 round boxes.

There ammo isn't priced any better then Riley's .223 175$/420 lake city rounds 100$/200 Remington Umc rounds don't sell 500 or 1000 round cases they said. 7.99 for steel cased 20 round boxes.

As long as they have M855 for $0.40/round I'm game. Rileys is sold out of it. I never buy handgun ammo at gun stores anyway. Walmart is far too cheap for that.

Just an FYI guys... The hours until the 23rd are actually 10-7. I know it's not up anywhere "in your face", but its true, I assure you.

Just an FYI guys... The hours until the 23rd are actually 10-7. I know it's not up anywhere "in your face", but its true, I assure you.

Still not late enough for me [sad]. Until I have been with my company longer, I'm not gonna skip out early. Doesn't help I gotta go to Hooksett from Wolfeboro. Saturdays are always a zoo at Rileys, I expect the same at shooters.

Back
Top Bottom