Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

I tried to contact Shooters through their site, Facebook & here via PM. Radio silence, nothing.

I was looking to buy Nosler Ammo (Nosler site IDs them as a vendor). I was looking for a case of hunting 308 (~$450) - and I got nothing. I wanted to support my local gun shop, especially one listed as a vendor.

I’ll still stop by when in the area, but I won’t make a special trip.

Btw: I bought the ammo through Gun Broker (a place in Utah) sent them a .pdf if my Mass LTC and it’s on it’s way to me.
Call them.

Until one of you sits in a Boston court house testifying in a murder trial about ammunition you sold to a Massachusetts man accused of Murder at south station, and have BATF, Mass State Police & the FBI there saying that I was part of the problem selling ammunition to a guy without having an FID Card....Don't judge me for asking to see an ID, your state is dying to take down dealers from other states by placing blame. Being there to testify for the prosecution, it was a little surprising being thrown under the bus by the Massachusetts State Police to say the least. It's a fact that thugs from the commonwealth come to NH & Connecticut to purchase ammunition because so many will just sell it not giving a shit where it's going to fly later on. As far as magazines go: You can't purchase them in your home state "that sucks" for sure. But going to other states to bypass your own laws is foolish. I don't want my sales receipt in the pocket of one of these pieces of shit when he decides to hose down the next school, it only takes one to do it for my doors to be closed & 25 people are out of a job.

It seems like a select few like bashing gun stores all over the place to pump others up. But to date: not a single one of those that do has ever walked into my store to discuss it with me face to face. Sitting at a computer somehow makes you grow some balls. I have a lot of great customers on NES, and a select few that like acting like children. Those that know me understand that I'd take the shirt off my back to help anyone in need, to include other gun stores. As far as Female & Veteran owned, my wife did that to encourage our women customers to feel a little more comfortable walking into a gun store. We have more women shopping here than ever before or imagined.
Jim 603.396.6540

I wanted to see exactly why Shooter's is very focused on monitoring who buys what before writing something up.

I went to Shooter's yesterday to see what they had for Black Friday. The top floor had a paper list of what was on sale and what wasn't. I noticed a lower I wanted on sale, so I asked to buy two. Guy behind the counter gives me a 4473 and asks if I was familiar with it - yes. Before I start filling out the 4473, I put my Rhode Island driver's license on the counter and tell the salesman "I'm going to need these shipped." Salesman says "we don't ship guns, guns going everywhere, legalities, you know."

No, actually, I don't know. I've been buying guns as a consumer both online and in person for ten years now and I've never heard of someone magically losing a gun in the mail. Nor have I heard of a competently-run gun store shipping illegal stuff into a state where its banned. Does it happen? Probably. Can it be avoided by some quick research? Yes.

If Shooter's is going to have a strict policy of "we don't ship guns," please make that public so people from other states don't waste our time traveling to your shop. Put it on a big sign at the front door. How is this policy of "we don't ship guns" going to work when you open your second shop that's specifically going to have Mass-compliant guns in stock?

I have never heard a shop say "we don't ship guns." In New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or any other state. Plenty of gun shops get most of their business from online and aren't being hauled into Boston courts. Might be a good idea to talk to their legal counsel and see what they do. If you don't want to do that, fine, but just put it out in public that you refuse to sell guns to anyone from out of state.

I'm not even angry about this. I'm mostly confused.

I wanted to see exactly why Shooter's is very focused on monitoring who buys what before writing something up.

I went to Shooter's yesterday to see what they had for Black Friday. The top floor had a paper list of what was on sale and what wasn't. I noticed a lower I wanted on sale, so I asked to buy two. Guy behind the counter gives me a 4473 and asks if I was familiar with it - yes. Before I start filling out the 4473, I put my Rhode Island driver's license on the counter and tell the salesman "I'm going to need these shipped." Salesman says "we don't ship guns, guns going everywhere, legalities, you know."

No, actually, I don't know. I've been buying guns as a consumer both online and in person for ten years now and I've never heard of someone magically losing a gun in the mail. Nor have I heard of a competently-run gun store shipping illegal stuff into a state where its banned. Does it happen? Probably. Can it be avoided by some quick research? Yes.

If Shooter's is going to have a strict policy of "we don't ship guns," please make that public so people from other states don't waste our time traveling to your shop. Put it on a big sign at the front door. How is this policy of "we don't ship guns" going to work when you open your second shop that's specifically going to have Mass-compliant guns in stock?

I have never heard a shop say "we don't ship guns." In New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or any other state. Plenty of gun shops get most of their business from online and aren't being hauled into Boston courts. Might be a good idea to talk to their legal counsel and see what they do. If you don't want to do that, fine, but just put it out in public that you refuse to sell guns to anyone from out of state.

Actually you do come across as angry, but I'll take you at your word.

A gun store can ship or not at their discretion.
You went there specifically to look into their sales practices.
You informed them of your need to ship and why, before filling out the 4473, so you were aware of a possible issue.
So if you knew all this, why didn't you call and ask?

As for selling guns to non-NH residents, they do. They will sell long guns that they are comfortable selling to non-residents, which they can take with them, and they have already identified a MA FFL to do transfers for them.

So it isn't about salling, it's about shipping, and apparently they don't do that. And they told you as soon as they new. I think it's on you to ask when you want a retail store to provide an additional service, would you walk into a local craft store and assume they will ship for you just because they don't have a sign that says they won't? Or would you just ask"?

In the last month I've bought a gun in MA, "I'll take it, but you'll have to ship it to NH" I let them know up front what was needed and they had the option to make the sale and ship or not, no assumptions, no problems. I also attended a gun auction in MA, and before even registering, I asked about shipping to NH, no assumptions made. In both cases the seller did NOT have any information posted about shipping, and I would not have expected them to. The burden is on me to ask.

As to your original concern, gathering information, Shooters has commented on that before, so there was little need for you to confront them on that.

Actually you do come across as angry, but I'll take you at your word.

A gun store can ship or not at their discretion.
You went there specifically to look into their sales practices.
You informed them of your need to ship and why, before filling out the 4473, so you were aware of a possible issue.
So if you knew all this, why didn't you call and ask?

As for selling guns to non-NH residents, they do. They will sell long guns that they are comfortable selling to non-residents, which they can take with them, and they have already identified a MA FFL to do transfers for them.

So it isn't about salling, it's about shipping, and apparently they don't do that. And they told you as soon as they new. I think it's on you to ask when you want a retail store to provide an additional service, would you walk into a local craft store and assume they will ship for you just because they don't have a sign that says they won't? Or would you just ask"?

In the last month I've bought a gun in MA, "I'll take it, but you'll have to ship it to NH" I let them know up front what was needed and they had the option to make the sale and ship or not, no assumptions, no problems. I also attended a gun auction in MA, and before even registering, I asked about shipping to NH, no assumptions made. In both cases the seller did NOT have any information posted about shipping, and I would not have expected them to. The burden is on me to ask.

As to your original concern, gathering information, Shooters has commented on that before, so there was little need for you to confront them on that.

First off, I didn't call and ask because Shooter's doesn't advertise what their inventory is, but I did call them for their hours and got an automated response. Shooter's doesn't have an online store, meaning I don't know what they have at what price and in what quantity. I have to go there to know they have Item A at Price X in Quantity Y. I knew they were running a Black Friday sale from my previous visit there and from their Facebook posts, but the only way to know what was on sale was to actually get a copy of their paper list and look at it. Are you suggesting I sit there on the phone and make the salesman rattle off everything on sale? He's going to say "just come in" and hang up. I also called them to get their Black Friday hours and the call went straight to an automated operating system to get their hours, not to a person.

Second, if they have a policy of "we ship to MASS (not RI) gun stores we trust," they should say that rather than having their salesmen say "we don't ship guns" and then make shit up about guns going missing in the mail and legalities that don't exist.

Third, shipping guns to out-of-stater buyers isn't "an additional service." Its Federal law. Your analogy of a crafts store doesn't work because there's no Federally-mandated middleman in the transaction. If I want to buy wood, I can go online and have wood shipped to my door without any third party between me and the online vendor. Federal and state law mandate that for a sale between a gun dealer in state 1 and a buyer from state 2, the gun has to go through a FFL (either the buyer's C&R if applicable or a store) in the buyer's state. If Shooter's doesn't want to be bothered, that's fine, put up a sign at the front door.

Fourth and finally, yes, I want to confront Jim about this because I had never heard about this "we don't ship guns" policy before and if he reads this, I want to talk to him either over the phone or in person. He's posted his number online but I think it'd be somewhat rude for me to call him on the night of Black Friday when the man runs a retail business. I'm glad to talk to him at a time that works for us both. This forum is mostly residents of Mass, NH, and other states in that order - if Shooter's has a "we don't ship guns" policy, other people need to know that and this information should be coming from him, not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, I didn't call and ask because Shooter's likes to keep secrets. Shooter's doesn't have an online store, meaning I don't know what they have at what price and in what quantity. I have to go there to know they have Item A at Price X in Quantity Y. I knew they were running a Black Friday sale from my previous visit there and from their Facebook posts, but the only way to know what was on sale was to actually get a copy of their paper list and look at it. Are you suggesting I sit there on the phone and make the salesman rattle off everything on sale? He's going to say "just come in" and hang up. I also called them to get their Black Friday hours and the call went straight to an automated operating system to get their hours, not to a person.

Second, if they have a policy of "we ship to MASS (not RI) gun stores we trust," they should say that rather than having their salesmen say "we don't ship guns" and then make shit up about guns going missing in the mail and legalities that don't exist.

Third, shipping guns to out-of-stater buyers isn't "an additional service." Its Federal law. Your analogy of a crafts store doesn't work because there's no Federally-mandated middleman in the transaction. If I want to buy wood, I can go online and have wood shipped to my door without any third party between me and the online vendor. Federal and state law mandate that for a sale between a gun dealer in state 1 and a buyer from state 2, the gun has to go through a FFL (either the buyer's C&R if applicable or a store) in the buyer's state. If Shooter's doesn't want to be bothered, that's fine, put up a sign at the front door.

Fourth and finally, yes, I want to confront Jim about this because I had never heard about this "we don't ship guns" policy before and if he reads this, I want to talk to him either over the phone or in person. He's posted his number online but I think it'd be somewhat rude for me to call him on the night of Black Friday when the man runs a retail business. I'm glad to talk to him at a time that works for us both. This forum is mostly residents of Mass, NH, and other states in that order - if Shooter's has a "we don't ship guns" policy, other people need to know that and this information should be coming from him, not me.

I think your comments make the situation clear to everyone.

It's a retail store. You obviously don't get that idea.

There is no law saying they have to ship. It's a retail store, shipping would be "an additional service.", this would be true for ANY retail store.

They have no obligation to provide the services you are demanding.

Your level of self entitlement is amazing.

I think your comments make the situation clear to everyone.

It's a retail store. You obviously don't get that idea.

There is no law saying they have to ship. It's a retail store, shipping would be "an additional service.", this would be true for ANY retail store.

They have no obligation to provide the services you are demanding.

Your level of self entitlement is amazing.

I'm not asking for your opinion and I don't care if you hate my guts. I'm informing other members on here and guest readers that Shooter's has a policy of "we don't ship guns." I want to talk to Jim, not you. Do you work for Shooter's? Are you Jim? Are you a Rhode Island or New Hampshire resident?

The answers to all three questions I asked are "no," "no," and "no." Thanks for contributing the fact that Shooter's may ship certain guns to certain Mass, not RI, dealers within Jim's discretion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not asking for your opinion and I don't care if you hate my guts. I'm informing other members on here and guest readers that Shooter's has a policy of "we don't ship guns." I want to talk to Jim, not you. Do you work for Shooter's? Are you Jim? Are you a Rhode Island or New Hampshire resident?

The answers to all three questions I asked are "no," "no," and "no." Thanks for contributing the fact that Shooter's may ship guns to certain Mass, not RI, dealers within Jim's discretion.
You don't have you facts right in this post.

You don't have you facts right in this post.

Then let's have @Shooters-Hooksett explain this situation. Jim both operates the store and runs the NES handle himself. If Shooter's has a policy on the non-shipment of guns, it'd benefit everyone if Shooter's explain this policy rather than having non-employees conjecture as to what the policy could be.

Then let's have @Shooters-Hooksett explain this situation. Jim both operates the store and runs the NES handle himself. If Shooter's has a policy on the non-shipment of guns, it'd benefit everyone if Shooter's explain this policy rather than having non-employees conjecture as to what the policy could be.
I'm good with that if he wants to. You were the one who came out with a report, not a question.

There seems to be a lot of angry people.
Why not take your business someplace else? If you don't like their policies why go there? Shooters doesn't have to explain anything to you. Is there something special there you can't buy anyplace else? It just sounds like your bitching and digging a deeper hole for yourself. Saying shooters likes to keep secrets makes you sound childish. You don't like it there, stop going. Just go to Rileys, oh, wait....

There seems to be a lot of angry people.

Why not take your business someplace else? If you don't like their policies why go there? Shooters doesn't have to explain anything to you. Is there something special there you can't buy anyplace else? It just sounds like your bitching and digging a deeper hole for yourself. Saying shooters likes to keep secrets makes you sound childish. You don't like it there, stop going. Just go to Rileys, oh, wait....

Let me make something clear that I don't think translates well across state lines: as a RI resident, I have to have a gun shipped to me to buy it if I'm buying it out of state. I can't walk out the door with a gun from an out-of-state shop. The gun must be shipped to a RI FFL for me to buy it unless its a C&R gun and the buyer has a C&R. So Shooter's basically told me "we're not selling to you. Period." What I wanted was an AR lower, perfectly legal in RI, a piece of aluminum. And Shooter's refused to sell. That's why I want to talk to Jim because I don't think they're aware of this issue and probably saw me as a guy trying to skirt some ban, which obviously was not my intent. I was in the area and knew that Shooter's was running a sale.

I did go somewhere else (I have to now, Shooter's policy bans me from buying any gun from them), where I didn't have any problems, but that's not the point. The point is that a policy of "we don't ship guns" is unique to Shooter's. No other store I've been to, across the 4/6 New England states who allow sales to non-residents, have this policy.

If your mindset is "Shooter's doesn't owe you shit," then that's what you're going to get. A bunch of gun store owners who think they don't owe their customers anything.

Third, shipping guns to out-of-stater buyers isn't "an additional service." Its Federal law.

No, it’s federal law *IF THEY CHOOSE TO SELL TO YOU*

They can refuse to sell to you for a thousand reasons (as long as it’s not because of race or sex or religious beliefs, etc. )

Shipping a gun exposes the shop to a bunch of risks, including, but not limited to:
- lost in transport
- damaged in transport
- FFL won’t accept it
- FFL won’t transfer it to you
- you don’t pass a NICS check

There’s the shipping cost (both ways, potentially), opportunity cost (they could have sold it to someone local), labor costs, it has to get logged into and out of a bunch of bound books, costs of dealing with the shipper, getting compensation for damage or loss, etc.

Not all of those are going to happen, but there’s a risk to the seller.

Sellers have a right to sell to anyone they legally can, and also the right to balance potential profit against potential risk of loss.

That includes refusing to ship to R.I.

No, it’s federal law *IF THEY CHOOSE TO SELL TO YOU*

They can refuse to sell to you for a thousand reasons (as long as it’s not because of race or sex or religious beliefs, etc. )

Shipping a gun exposes the shop to a bunch of risks, including, but not limited to:
- lost in transport
- damaged in transport
- FFL won’t accept it
- FFL won’t transfer it to you
- you don’t pass a NICS check

There’s the shipping cost (both ways, potentially), opportunity cost (they could have sold it to someone local), labor costs, it has to get logged into and out of a bunch of bound books, costs of dealing with the shipper, getting compensation for damage or loss, etc.

Not all of those are going to happen, but there’s a risk to the seller.

Sellers have a right to sell to anyone they legally can, and also the right to balance potential profit against potential risk of loss.

That includes refusing to ship to R.I.

Yeah, I know this. But Shooter's doesn't advertise this fact. I've known about the store for years and I've never heard or seen anyone mention this before. There's no signs, there's nothing on their website or social media, etc. No other store does this, where they outright refuse to ship a gun that's legal to own for the buyer.

This is unique to Shooter's, to refuse to ship to a non-resident where the gun being purchased is legal in the buyer's home state.

This clearly tells me you went into this looking for a problem. A simple phone call would have would have clarified that they do not accommodate your special requirements. This is on you, not SO.

Go back and read what I wrote. I called them for their hours.

Well, if you did call, then it's even dumber that you didnt ask about shipping policies before driving from another state.

READ WHAT I WROTE. THEIR HOURS ARE AN AUTOMATED OPERATOR. I WAS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE ALREADY. I DIDN'T MAKE A SPECIAL TRIP TO THE SHOP. SHOOTER'S DOES NOT PUBLICLY ADVERTISE WHAT IS AND IS NOT ON SALE ON BLACK FRIDAY. THEY KEEP A WRITTEN, PAPER LIST ON THE COUNTER.

Like I've said plenty of times in this thread, no other shop I've been to has this "we don't ship guns" policy. Why would I call Shooter's if this hasn't been a problem for me before? I've never had this problem before whether dealing with KTP or small-time gun shops in NH, VT, or Maine. Organizing the shipment of a gun is easy. I fill out the paperwork, I call my shop in RI, they send their info to the out-of-state shop, job's done. Takes no more than fifteen minutes.

READ WHAT I WROTE. THEIR HOURS ARE AN AUTOMATED OPERATOR. I WAS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE ALREADY. I DIDN'T MAKE A SPECIAL TRIP TO THE SHOP. SHOOTER'S DOES NOT PUBLICLY ADVERTISE WHAT IS AND IS NOT ON SALE ON BLACK FRIDAY. THEY KEEP A WRITTEN, PAPER LIST ON THE COUNTER.

Like I've said plenty of times on this thread, no other shop I've been to has this "we don't ship guns" policy. Why would I call Shooter's if this hasn't been a problem for me before? I've never had this problem before whether dealing with KTP or small-time gun shops in NH, VT, or Maine. Organizing the shipment of a gun is easy. I fill out the paperwork, I call my shop in RI, they send their info to the out-of-state shop, job's done. Takes no more than fifteen minutes.

No amount of protesting on your part will change the fact that you could have avoided your predicament by calling and checking. Seems like an easy thing to do. Maybe not as easy as showing up, not getting your way, then blasting them online. I guess you're right, that does seem to be the way to go these days.

Wow, this is getting out of control. [laugh] Shooter's doesn't ship. I've known that for years. I thought everyone knew that. Certain other FFLs in NH also refuse to ship to MA FFLs (at a minimum). It's a common problem with Southern NH dealers mostly because... Maura et al. They fear her (some of them anyway) and simply don't want to deal with her bullshit for the sake of Ma**h*** business. At least for now, there are still some decent shops in RI with a very wide (non-Maura-restricted) inventory to sell. So why even bother traveling to NH if you live in RI? Is it a sales tax vs. shipping cost thing? I don't get it. [thinking]

i was last at shooters maybe in late 2016??? i have a post in this thread dated jan 2017 (#477 i believe) where i was joking about my experience in my second and last visit. i just wanted to relate what happened, has nothing to do with the current shipping issue. i see from reading back posts it has happened to a lot of people.

i went up to hooksett to actually visit riley's, not shooters. i was building an ar in 7.62x39 and wanted to check out magazine options for the rifle. i actually wanted to hold a couple in my hand and see differences cause i had heard that getting an ar to feed this caliber reliably was a bear at best. riley's had one brand, asc, and then it was a 30 rounder at that. no problem fondling that, it was in a bin on the floor.

i headed to shooters down the road since it was on the way to the highway. only been in once before, just bought some ammo, and never went upstairs on that visit. so upstairs, i see all the mags are behind the counter. i found a young guy to help me, tell him what i was doing, just comparing different magazine options for a build, and he stopped me dead with the "i need to see a drivers license, we're not allowed to sell to massachusetts residents." well hell, i don't want to buy, just look and kick tires. nope, he couldn't help me and pretty much started to walk away.

come on man, post these policies. you won't sell or let mass residents touch certain stuff, post it! you won't ship, post it. your house, your rules, but make it clear before the customer wastes their, and the helps time. riley's is going out, i have no reason to go to hooksett. i'll stay on the highway and go down one more exit and go to bass pro. i don't hold malice against any shop, i just go to where i'm on a level playing field and don't have to explain mass law to the clueless.

for what it's worth, shooters is a beautiful store. i'll go in eventually when i need something they'll let me buy, lol.

No amount of protesting on your part will change the fact that you could have avoided your predicament by calling and checking. Seems like an easy thing to do. Maybe not as easy as showing up, not getting your way, then blasting them online. I guess you're right, that does seem to be the way to go these days.

All I'm trying to do is to inform people that Shooter's refuses to ship guns. It'd be great if they put out something explaining why or if they offered to listen. What's ticking me off is the peanut gallery. People seem bothered that I'm saying that Shooter's refuses to ship guns. Like I said, I want to talk to Jim if he's reading this. You're not Jim.

Repeating the salesman's words that Shooter's "don't ship guns" isn't "blasting" Shooter's. And again, you're not Jim.

Wow, this is getting out of control. [laugh] Shooter's doesn't ship. I've known that for years. I thought everyone knew that. Certain other FFLs in NH also refuse to ship to MA FFLs (at a minimum). It's a common problem with Southern NH dealers mostly because... Maura et al. They fear her (some of them anyway) and simply don't want to deal with her bullshit for the sake of Ma**h*** business. At least for now, there are still some decent shops in RI with a very wide (non-Maura-restricted) inventory to sell. So why even bother traveling to NH if you live in RI? Is it a sales tax vs. shipping cost thing? I don't get it. [thinking]

I go to NH shops and KTP for a few reasons. I used to live in NH and I visit the area on occasion to visit friends, etc. So if I'm in the area, I usually check out the gun stores. Some guys in RI will buy bulk ammo from the shops up north. The main thing is the larger shops up north, like Shooter's, KTP, BassPro, and Cabela's have a much wider variety than what's available in RI. Optics, guns, ammo, etc. The RI shops keep a limited selection and usually don't get the latest and greatest things in immediately.

There basically are no RI stores with an inventory as wide as Shooter's or KTP.

Let me make something clear that I don't think translates well across state lines: as a RI resident, I have to have a gun shipped to me to buy it if I'm buying it out of state. I can't walk out the door with a gun from an out-of-state shop. The gun must be shipped to a RI FFL for me to buy it unless its a C&R gun and the buyer has a C&R.

Is that a RI-specific thing? I have no dog in this fight. Just trying to learn.

Is that a RI-specific thing? I have no dog in this fight. Just trying to learn.
AFAIK it's a federal mandate. Pistol purchases from another state has to go to a FFL in your state for pickup. It's why some shops align with others across state lines, or have another location in a neighboring state to facilitate such purchases.

AFAIK it's a federal mandate. Pistol purchases from another state has to go to a FFL in your state for pickup. It's why some shops align with others across state lines, or have another location in a neighboring state to facilitate such purchases.

Yeah Federal law comes into play with pistols. I'm fuzzy on what has to happen with long guns though (in states outside of RI).

@C. Stockwell, Are you buying the lowers as rifle or pistol lowers? There should be no requirement that they need to be shipped. Unless of course you won't be back in NH to comply with RI's 7 day waiting period - then I understand the need to ship to RI.

I intended to buy them as rifles. However, I have to comply with the 7-day waiting period. I remember back during the Kilmartin AG-administration that he sent memos to the different shops saying that even if someone had a RI permit, the guns had to go through a RI FFL. I have no idea if Neronha is still doing that.

11-47-35.2

All I'm trying to do is to inform people that Shooter's refuses to ship guns. It'd be great if they put out something explaining why or if they offered to listen. What's ticking me off is the peanut gallery. People seem bothered that I'm saying that Shooter's refuses to ship guns.
I think what’s ticking people off is your bitching about shooters policy’s. You come to a public forum and complain. What did you think we were going to do? You don’t like it, don’t go there, simple as that. What do you think the outcome is going to be? I’m sure Jim knows by now how you feel. We are now officially informed. You’re done your job. Honestly if I was Jim I wouldn’t want your business. To much hassle shipping out of state.

Right, but that's for pistols. I don't think the discussion was about pistols, though. I've bought multiple long guns out of state and hand-carried them out of the store.

There are tons of remotes that won't send anything into the commie states. It's best to assume if you're from one of them, you will be discriminated against by policy, or at least ask, because there's a 50% chance they won't bother, I've also had NH dealers refuse to sell me stuff that was legal in MA, etc. It's not worth caring about because you'll never fix it. This isn't an SO thing, either. Shops "built for speed" just don't want the issues, however small.

-Mike

Guy behind the counter gives me a 4473 and asks if I was familiar with it - yes. Before I start filling out the 4473, I put my Rhode Island driver's license on the counter and tell the salesman "I'm going to need these shipped." Salesman says "we don't ship guns, guns going everywhere, legalities, you know."

Question - you say you're familiar with the form, and are informing us about Shooters' policy with regard to the out of state ship process, but why would you fill out a 4473 when the gun is going to be shipped to another FFL who will do the actual transfer? Is this some RI thing where an initial sales check has to happen separate from the transfer post-hold and/or there is no need for the receiving FFL to do the hold? Or were you going to have Shooters ship it to you directly after the hold period?

Back
Top Bottom