Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

I went by there yesterday, and it looks like it will be opening any time now.
http://outpostnh.com/
http://binged.it/RdgoIH
Their sign is hard to miss.

(I know there was discussion about this store in the MFLR thread, but it seems this new retail store is worthy of its own thread here)

I swung through the parking lot Saturday and there was a guy checking it out through a window, and when I pulled out another guy was slowing down in the road and when he saw it wasn't open continued driving. So I guess this place has been getting it's name out there.

I've never had an issue with Rileys service, but it's not like I expect streamers and balloons to fall when I walk through the door either. If this new place has better prices for reloading components I'll shop there instead.

Personally, assuming I make the drive all the way out there, I'm going to stop at both Riley's and SONH.

Wait, who am I kidding? There's just one real reason to make the drive to Hooksett!

Growlers!

I stopped in to Shooter's Outpost today. Holy crap. What an amazing gun store. Some highlights:
-Kickass NFA section
-Lots of milsurp ammo, cheap
-$99 Mosin-Nagant M91/30s
-Huge ammo/reloading section
-Huge 5.11 tactical section for the mall ninjas among you
-Huge selection of everything you can think of as far as firearms go, and very good prices

This is the coolest gun shop I've ever been in to. It is worth the trip regardless of how far you are driving.

Yes, tomorrow would be better.

I was there today at 11, overflow parking, but the store was not quite ready to open. Clothing and ammo first floor, guns second floor. No sales flyer. Wide selection.

Most shelved ammo was not yet priced so that area was red-coned off and I was told to come back tomorrow. You could buy most 9mm, 40, and 22 boxes as they were priced and as mentioned there were pallets of bulk ammo. I have no idea why some merchandise such as targets were behind the counters. Some of the firearms behind counter and under glass firearms had no price tags yet. Still I don't doubt there were good deals. Less touchy, feely with long guns than S&L, Rileys, KTP as racks were locked but that may change.

Meanwhile Rileys was doing a good business.

I went this afternoon and was about to post, but Lone Ranger said it all-- a lot of unpriced merchandise, not a lot of great deals for a grand opening, but a nice store with great potential. ++1 to unlock the long guns

I also went to Riley's, who were doing their normal Monday afternoon business

their website is a pile of woodchuck shit!

Anyone can tell me what their hours are?

...I agree with the above.

BTW there are no hours posted on the website.

As per their automated phone message the store hours are Monday through Sunday 10:00-18:00

Jim doesn't do anything half assed. He and the missus are have been working like rented mules, and I'm sure will continue to do so to bring the place fully on line...

There were a whole lot of deals that weren't "in your face"... as the community continues to get wind of it, they will begin to understand the depth of the McLoud's dedication to running a standard setting gun store.

They really need to do something about those long gun racks. Not being able to fondle them is going to net less impulse buys. I suppose its better for my wallet.

They really need to do something about those long gun racks. Not being able to fondle them is going to net less impulse buys. I suppose its better for my wallet.

Ditto. $99 hand pick Mosins is a steal, until they get tired of unlocking racks so people can check bores and what not.

I stopped in there today. It was pretty packed, but there is enough room in there so it wasn't crowded. Very nice inside. I wish I had enough moola to buy a gun, well, actually I did, but I'm trying to be good. I bought some ammo, blazer brass, seems cheap, but I never bought it before so I don't know, but anything under $11 for 9mm is good eight to try.

I went down there after work on Friday. They had good selection of milsurp ammo that I was looking for at a good price and the gentleman at the door even helped me carry it out. Otherwise, it looks like they need to get more things into their reloading section, especially things that seem to be popular as the counter guy said that they just sold out the dies and powder I was looking for. I did go to Riley's afterwards and got both dies, powder and bullets that I was looking for. They had no crated ammo though, so I see that these two stores can co-exist and specialize in their own niche.

The other thing, their upstairs, did not see any milsurp or C&R guns, may be I missed something, there were some old long guns but no idea if C&R for Mass people.

Hooksett is long ride for me, if I go there, I'm checking out both stores, but specifically on Shooter's Outpost, I think that there is a lot of potential there and I liked the store even though they are only cranking up. Good luck to you guys!

Went in today for the first time. You guys will be happy to hear that they moved the SKS, Mosin's, and Mausers to a unlocked rack to be fondled.

I thought it was a pretty nice place, especially compared to Rileys. I really appreciated the fact that there is room to move around in there and they separate counters for everything. There was plenty of staff working and they had quite an inventory for a gun shop that just opened.

I'm excited to see it fill up even more as they get settled, as it stands the only thing I would have liked to see more of is Holsters outside of the same blackhawk crap every shop in the world carries.

Between the "take a number and we'll serve you" and all the long guns locked down so you can't fondle them...... I'll pass. It felt really sterile in there, I like a place that has some feeling to it. Plus, is there really a need for a whole first floor dedicated to "tactical clothing"? I'll stick with my smaller shops, where you can actually talk with the owner, not some sales person.

Between the "take a number and we'll serve you" and all the long guns locked down so you can't fondle them...... I'll pass. It felt really sterile in there, I like a place that has some feeling to it. Plus, is there really a need for a whole first floor dedicated to "tactical clothing"? I'll stick with my smaller shops, where you can actually talk with the owner, not some sales person.

This doesn't bother me too much. I don't feel the need to shoot the shit with the owner when I'm in a gun shop. I find what I want, pay for it, and leave. We're just different I suppose.

I enjoyed my experience last week at Shooters Outpost. The clothing section was interesting.

While I don't love all the long guns being locked down, I also don't miss being muzzled by every dipshit that walks into a gun shop in a busy area on the weekend like at Rileys and KTP. I can't count how many times I've turned around in both those shops to the sight of someone muzzling others in the store.

The store is great. yes the take a number thing would cause me to not buy on a really busy day. It is ,however, how they are set up at MFL and that seems to be working for them. The store is well staffed so it did not look like people were waiting.

The big win for me was 8MM Mauser ammo. I think it is romanian, but i am not sure. it is 1970s vintage. I picked up a crate of 760 rounds for $174.95. I don't remember the last time i saw surplus Mauser ammo for sale. (It has been at least a year). When i did see it, it was this price or more! They have the chinese SKSs and chinese mosins in the open racks.

I spoke to Jim for a couple moments. He has more Mosin Nagants on the way in..

I was there last night for the second time. The store was not as crowded as before, but the lines to buy things were long. The owner's son was trying to sell me a gun and after waiting a while upstairs for a register to be open, they told him to take me downstairs. Then they couldn't get the downstairs register to work and then I had to go back upstairs again. This was after the federal paperwork. It took like 40 minutes to just pay for the gun. The Gun was a good deal though. $399 for a Romanian SAR3 AK variant in .556 .223/

My buddy and I went there today...it's an ok place no different from any other shop,I like the no fondling racks(who knows where peoples hands have been)and the number system.

They need to figure out the registers.

Beautiful place. Talked to Jim for a moment after buying some powder and an RCBS charge master combo. Happy to pay a couple bucks more and support local business and get it today instead of waiting for shipping.

checked it out last week. i was impressed with the selection of firearms and the prices. they had a 1940 italian carcano manufactured by beretta for only $219!!!!!! i'm a huge beretta fan.

Was there today. Some of the displays seemed a little light. Found myself wandering around aimlessly and bailing without seeing anything that caught my eye. Drove up the street to Riley's and had the opposite problem. A lot caught my eye, just couldn't get to the goods due to the crowds and lack of space. Ended up buying a rifle and a few magazines before leaving.

Fitz

Back
Top Bottom