Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

The tinfoil knitting circle types returning guns? doubt it, unless they're whipped and their wife makes them do it. Most of the guns from the "scares" end up buried in closets coated in dust.

-Mike
You might be right. I was thinking more of the "make a quick buck selling a cheap AR for 1500 bucks during a post election panic" crowd.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Why not contact the factory and/or send it to them? Gun stores taking guns back? After you used it? I don't know any that does that. And Shooters is not a "big box" store.

Rant rating, -1 on a scale of 1-10.

Shooter's Outpost Review

Buyer Beware.

Big box store means big store customer service.

A week ago I purchased a new Anderson Manufacturing AR15 from Shooter’s Outpost. I asked the salesman about the quality as I had read some concerning reviews on line. He told me “it’s a great entry level AR, we’ve never had one come back and we stand behind every gun we sell.”

Well, sort of.

After taking the rifle to the range today for the first time, I experienced 100% failure to eject. As a certified AR Armorer I field stripped it, oiled it, tried three different magazine types and two different ammo types. Did not eject a single round.

So, I took it back to Shooter’s Outpost where the nice girl at the counter said. “The owner says just leave it with us and we’ll take care of it”.

I asked to speak with “the owner” and was shortly met by Carey McLoud who’s business card says “Manager”.

She takes the rifle out of the box (points it at me in the process), and puts it back in the box.

She informed me, we will have our gunsmith look at it when he comes by.

I replied that her company, as an authorized representative of Anderson Mfg sold me a defective product and I’d like a refund or even store credit. “That’s not our policy” and she showed me the fine print on the receipt that says no returns.

So I have no choice.

She’ll “give it to the gunsmith when he stops by, but he doesn’t work on weekends”. Apparently, there is no-one on staff at Shooter’s Outpost that can access the function of an AR, and my military service, my certification as a Law Enforcement and Firearms instructor and my armor certification are insufficient as she suggested I might be “making the malfunction up”.

Note that her gunsmith is not an employee, he has a “website” which is a blog that has one post on it and advertises no services, He also does not appear to be “Anderson Mfg Approved”. (Note he may be a great gunsmith, I have no idea.)

So they have my money, they have my rifle, they make no commitment as to when the rifle will be returned, they make no statement about the qualifications of the “gunsmith” who’s work I’m supposed to trust if I ever get the rifle back and they want me to keep (and therefore trust) a rifle that was nonfunctionally defective the day they sold it to me.

Ms McLoud’s cold, unwavering stance was completely unapologetic and unfriendly – tough luck, “that’s our policy”.

So, beware, Shooter’s Outpost’s “customer service” is much better when they are taking your money than it is once they HAVE your money.

With a new Gun friendly president about to take office, I recommend you give your business to a smaller gun store with personal service.

If you choose to buy a gun from Shooter’s Outpost, make sure it’s a gun that you can go without if it’s defective.

BUYER BEWARE

10/10

Would read and laugh again.

Note that her gunsmith is not an employee, he has a “website” which is a blog that has one post on it and advertises no services, He also does not appear to be “Anderson Mfg Approved”.

That's a thing? Really?

PS: Anyone interested in a new single shot AR :)

Sure. PM me. Maybe we can come to terms. Of course your sales technique leaves a bit to be desired...

If that's their store policy and it is posted, well, you bought your firearm agreeing to those conditions.

IMHO it is not at all unreasonable for them to have a gunsmith check it out and repair as necessary. It happens. I'm not thrilled when that happens, but it does happen. And if the gunsmith is not there when you stop by, well, you'll have to wait. As long as it's dealt with in a reasonable amount of time that's the way it works.

It's likely something really small and dumb. Give them a chance to make it right. It seems they are trying.

This. Stuff happens.

Usually they'll throw in an extra mag or two and a small box of ammo for your troubles to make it right after repairing the defective components.

Quote Originally Posted by TDRConcepts View Post
Note that her gunsmith is not an employee, he has a “website” which is a blog that has one post on it and advertises no services, He also does not appear to be “Anderson Mfg Approved”.
Hahahahaha... he deleted that content. Good grab, Scott. Yes, the AR expert was wondering if one of the best Title II gunsmiths in the US is "Anderson Mfg Approved" - guess he googled a little and then deleted that right quick.

TDR, look, once you've shot a gun, it's USED. If it didn't work, it's warrantied. A good store will verify the issue and support that warranty claim for you, including shipping back to manufacturer and having them fix/replace. That's how it works.

UnionLeader: Shooters Outpost expansion to include museum, sandwich shop

Union Leader has an article on expansion plans at SO, 6000 sq ft. approved by Hooksett Planning Board for work this summer. The sandwich shop will serve breakfast and lunch.

Ever since the grand opening I said the Outpost needed to sell coffee, especially on weekend days when NH was seeing hour-long 4473 delays. Guess I wasn't the only one with that idea.

Last edited:
I also noticed they had a bunch of pretty awesome SBR sales. The Sig SBR for $999 and they would pay the $200 tax.

I guess shows how inexpensive these guns are sold to dealers and how much the markups are.

I also noticed they had a bunch of pretty awesome SBR sales. The Sig SBR for $999 and they would pay the $200 tax.

I guess shows how inexpensive these guns are sold to dealers and how much the markups are.[/QUOTE

Very Sore Subject Sweed: Those SBR'S were originally $1,800.00 when purchased in 2009 ------Long Story

I'm not a fan of shooters for a number of reasons, but this policy is normal. They have no idea who you are (your stated credentials are just words) or what you did to the firearm while it was out of the shop.

They were being nice by offering to have the gunsmith look at it the next time he was in.

They should have just given you Andersons customer support number and let you deal with the warranty yourself. Especially if you started throwing around all your unverified certifications.

Tl;Dr. Shit happens, bad product leaves the manufacturer, suck it up buttercup

The defective Anderson was defective because the original poster took it apart, and bent the selector detent spring when putting it back together. I fixed the gun myself in five minutes, test fired it, called him, he apologized, and picked it up. All good - I don't hold a grudge. Jim

Had an interesting experience at shooters outpost this weekend. I hadnt realized the MA moonbattery had travelled quite so far north into NH but shooters is now part of the MA AG enforcement team. My father, a MA resident, asked for a 10 round magazine and a new stock.

Regardless of his plans (gift or for himself to pin or have pinned) the shop refused to sell him an AR stock because it was "not MA compliant."

Is this new? I live in NH so dont worry about this nonsense but I was surprised to see a NH shop worried about selling a non-controlled piece of plastic to a MA resident. Would shooters somehow be liable if a MA resident bought a stock there, took it home, put it on their AR and decided not to pin it?

I put the rest of my stuff back went up the street and bought everything we needed at another shop who simply smiled and took our business but I was curious if this was a shop-specific policy only shooters is enforcing or if now all other 49 states are having to now enforce/police the sale of things as harmless as an AR stock because of what MA has done with its laws.

Had an interesting experience at shooters outpost this weekend. I hadnt realized the MA moonbattery had travelled quite so far north into NH but shooters is now part of the MA AG enforcement team. My father, a MA resident, asked for a 10 round magazine and a new stock.

Regardless of his plans (gift or for himself to pin or have pinned) the shop refused to sell him an AR stock because it was "not MA compliant."

Is this new? I live in NH so dont worry about this nonsense but I was surprised to see a NH shop worried about selling a non-controlled piece of plastic to a MA resident. Would shooters somehow be liable if a MA resident bought a stock there, took it home, put it on their AR and decided not to pin it?

I put the rest of my stuff back went up the street and bought everything we needed at another shop who simply smiled and took our business but I was curious if this was a shop-specific policy only shooters is enforcing or if now all other 49 states are having to now enforce/police the sale of things as harmless as an AR stock because of what MA has done with its laws.

Sounds like your father should have bought the stock and mag online as most vendors will ship those to MA still. Or go up the road and buy what you need.

This reminds me of the joke about the retired couple going to the store to buy dog food but are turned away when the store clerk demands proof that they own a dog and they're not going to eat the dog food themselves. The old couple return a week later with a brown bag and ask the clerk to put his hand in and tell them what's in it (he felt a smelly turd) and says it's sh-t, where upon the old couple now ask if they can buy toilet paper.

Maybe someone from the shop will weigh in on this, but that's carrying a policy way too far. I like SO and have been a big defender of them, but this is disappointing. IIRC, I've seen 'noncompliant' (BS term for stock) stocks for sale in MA. Buy it, install, set where comfortable, and pin to make 'permanent'. FFS, you can buy bump fire here.

Heil Healy has done a lot of damage. Crap like this just makes that smug smile bigger.

This reminds me of the joke about the retired couple going to the store to buy dog food but are turned away when the store clerk demands proof that they own a dog and they're not going to eat the dog food themselves. The old couple return a week later with a brown bag and ask the clerk to put his hand in and tell them what's in it (he felt a smelly turd) and says it's sh-t, where upon the old couple now ask if they can buy toilet paper.

Funny but the joke fits.

I consider Jim and Cary friends, Jim explained to me why he does what he does (the discussion at the time was wrt ammo however), but this is carrying it too far.

I own 2 pre-1994 ban ARs. I replaced the 3-position adjustable stock on one with a 6-position Rock Rivers adjustable stock. I can do what I wish with these two guns, even under the idiocy of Healey's memo/press conference. No reason why SO should restrict what I buy to modify these guns. I also shouldn't have to bring the gun, list of BATFE approved pre-ban S/Ns and FA-10 to SO to prove that I should be entitled to buy the products. Having to do this is analogous to the above joke.

Nobody has to enforce the sales of AR stocks. I can buy the stock in any MA store!!!!!! Shooters Outpost is either run by morons or they have an agenda.

OF course this story begs the question "how did they even know your father was from MA since no ID is needed to buy a magazine and an AR stock?"

Nobody has to enforce the sales of AR stocks. I can buy the stock in any MA store!!!!!! Shooters Outpost is either run by morons or they have an agenda.

OF course this story begs the question "how did they even know your father was from MA since no ID is needed to buy a magazine and an AR stock?"

He was already holding the stock asked for a 10 round mag and the shop employee casually said "Mass?" And when he replied yes the employee asked for the stock back saying he couldn't sell it to him in that case.

Know that video that says nothing good can come from talking to police even if you've done nothing wrong? Sounds like the same now applies at this store and that's a sad state of affairs for a gun shop and it's customers.

I'm happy I saw this thread. I'm currently in the area spending the weekend away. I saw signs for shooters outpost on the highways and wanted to check it out while I'm in the area. I had a long list of stuff to grab. I'll check out Riley's instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy I saw this thread. I'm currently in the area spending the weekend away. I saw signs for shooters outpost on the highways and wanted to check it out while I'm in the area. I had a long list of stuff to grab. I'll check out Riley's instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly do both. They are so close together.

And there's always Bass Pro and Walmart at Exit 10.

Riley's is litterally 5 minutes north. I've never had a problem but that's entirely because my DL is from NH.

I've had problems with riley's but not due to where I live. More due to their shitty customer service and asshat attitude. I refuse to set foot in there anymore (after three bad experiences, I'll spend my $$ elsewhere).

With all the shit happening in MA, I wouldn't fault any store (in NH at least) being over-cautious when it comes to selling things to the PRM inmates.

Back
Top Bottom