• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

Not sure if he was coughing up his morning cigarette/Monster drink or spreading covid from 3 feet away.
just clearing your throat in a public area causes the strong to get weak in the knees. i've heard it forever but now with surgical masks, the eyes are really the window to the soul.

Last edited:
And do gun store owners here think that their employees and customers are somehow “covid proof”?

Serious lack of masks and social distancing, especially by the young man working SO gun counter Sunday morning. Not sure if he was coughing up his morning cigarette/Monster drink or spreading covid from 3 feet away. I guess the kids they have working there assume they are in low risk pool.
If you need to social distance stay home or stay off CNN

And do gun store owners here think that their employees and customers are somehow “covid proof”?

Serious lack of masks and social distancing, especially by the young man working SO gun counter Sunday morning. Not sure if he was coughing up his morning cigarette/Monster drink or spreading covid from 3 feet away. I guess the kids they have working there assume they are in low risk pool.
And what if the person has asthma and the masks make it difficult for them to breathe? There are many who are medically exempt like this from wearing masks. Do what you feel is right, but condemning others isn't appropriate unless they are purposely coughing in your face. Social distancing is a good idea but a clerk can't help you from 6' away (showing you a gun) and a waitperson can't deliver your meal with tongs from 6' away either. If you or I feel so much at risk, it is up to us to stay away from said risky places.

And what if the person has asthma and the masks make it difficult for them to breathe? There are many who are medically exempt like this from wearing masks. Do what you feel is right, but condemning others isn't appropriate unless they are purposely coughing in your face. Social distancing is a good idea but a clerk can't help you from 6' away (showing you a gun) and a waitperson can't deliver your meal with tongs from 6' away either. If you or I feel so much at risk, it is up to us to stay away from said risky places.
This.
For a group that traditionally preaches personal responsibility, there seems to be a lot of "but you have to keep me safe" whining going on in the forum these days.

Jeez...grow a pair. The masks are useless. Want to wear a placebo, fine, your choice, don't like that they don't virtue signal with a piece of cloth......don't go in!

As much as i love the anonimty with wearing a mask, i found it rather refreshing to go shopping there with an uncovered mug. Wish i could have spent more money there.

A gun store is emblematic of personal responsibility and self-reliance. While I think they're taking reasonable steps, customers are free to make their own decisions regarding risk.

I was more concerned that they were completely out of 223/556 by the time I got there. That was somewhat expected though.

A gun store is emblematic of personal responsibility and self-reliance. While I think they're taking reasonable steps, customers are free to make their own decisions regarding risk.

I was more concerned that they were completely out of 223/556 by the time I got there. That was somewhat expected though.
How was the supply of powder and primers? I don't want to make the drive for nothing

How was the supply of powder and primers? I don't want to make the drive for nothing

Good question. I definitely saw primers on the floor on Friday, but I don't reload so didn't really spend too much time looking at components.

Last edited:
I heard they’re limiting small pistol primers (and possibly other primers too) to 1k per person. Though I’d guess they’re probably sold out at this point but maybe I’m wrong. Definitely call before going.

Jeez...grow a pair. The masks are useless. Want to wear a placebo, fine, your choice, don't like that they don't virtue signal with a piece of cloth......don't go in!

Glad to know we have epidemiologists (with testosterone) here. I don’t wear a a mask for my protection. I wear them for the protection of others. It keeps my small and large particles of lung butter and other bodily fluids mostly near me and not near you or others who are lucky enough to be inside the effective range of my horking, sneezing, and breathing. In a perfect world, I’d be happier if others did the same for the relatively brief time it will take to get this critter under control.

If other people are too manly, narcissistic, or free-dumb loving to think and act on behalf of others, that is their choice.

Time will tell how this plays out. The silver lining of this pandemic is that it seems to be a partial solution to under-funded pension obligations for companies and government. If we kill enough old folks quickly enough, we can really help municipal, state and federal tax payers. TBD.

Glad to know we have epidemiologists (with testosterone) here. I don’t wear a a mask for my protection. I wear them for the protection of others. It keeps my small and large particles of lung butter and other bodily fluids mostly near me and not near you or others who are lucky enough to be inside the effective range of my horking, sneezing, and breathing. In a perfect world, I’d be happier if others did the same for the relatively brief time it will take to get this critter under control.

If other people are too manly, narcissistic, or free-dumb loving to think and act on behalf of others, that is their choice.

Time will tell how this plays out. The silver lining of this pandemic is that it seems to be a partial solution to under-funded pension obligations for companies and government. If we kill enough old folks quickly enough, we can really help municipal, state and federal tax payers. TBD.
Wonderful, but I don't think nobody in this thread asked you to. You do you, and I'll do me. If you're worried about someone else's "lung butter," stay away from them. You have legs. Get back. You also have the option of removing yourself from the area. Unhappy that the clerk isn't wearing a mask? I'm pretty sure you're free to leave. See how well that whole "freedom" thing works?

To bring this back to guns...

I have spoken with Jim and will continue to do business with Shooters - here are a few reasons why:
1) When I want something hard to get, he can get it
2) He doesn't price gouge at all
3) His stock is great
4) His employees are decent people

I had purchased reloading supplies from him in the past and the experience went really well. What really won me over was when I was looking for a Sig M17 Surplus. The FFL I typically worked with was marking them up astronomically. I was in the process of deciding if I wanted to pay the premium and was coming to the conclusion of maybe but never pay any markup again. I spoke with Jim and he had one available for me at MSRP. So if I'm not going to get screwed when I want something special, I have no issues paying a small premium on the regular deals.

Another example - during the craziness in March I was still able to get ammo at reasonable prices. Actually I purchased more last week at reasonable prices as well.

Anyway - he likes to work local. I'm fine with that.

Probably be a LONG while before I go back to shooters. I have a relative who lives in Hooksett, and so I stop in every time I’m nearby or passing by or make a trip there. Lately I have been in once or twice a week, usually at lunch hour

so today behind the ammo counter was some 6.5 unobtanium. A couple of unopened cases of each bullet weight on a shelf about waist high. Employee asked me if there something I wanted. Of course I say yes and I tell him what I wanted. I’m still surprised at the answer.

“I have to go ask the owner if I can sell you some.”

WTF???

He returns shortly and tells me, sorry no. The owner doesn’t want to put it out yet. I should call tomorrow morning.

So it appears the game is either be there in the morning when they open or don’t waste your time. ( I’m guessing a little on the rules, but every answer I’ve heard them give to anyone who asked about ammo was we had some this morning try tomorrow morning)

Makes me regret spending $700 bucks with them on a scope last week. But at least I won’t waste any more time stopping there.

Glad to see people talking about Shooters so I can ask a question. I'm almost 2 hours away but I'm willing to drive up there is I can find some decent 12 gauge. Nobody has any in stock in my area and unless you are shooting turkeys there is nothing available online. Has anybody been to Shooters, Wally World, or Bass Pro up that way in the last couple of days?

Glad to see people talking about Shooters so I can ask a question. I'm almost 2 hours away but I'm willing to drive up there is I can find some decent 12 gauge. Nobody has any in stock in my area and unless you are shooting turkeys there is nothing available online. Has anybody been to Shooters, Wally World, or Bass Pro up that way in the last couple of days?
Went to all 3 last because I was in the area. Wallys empty of anything. Bps had a few shotgun shells but that’s about it. Call first. Shooters is completely wiped out. The ammo racks are just about empty.

Probably be a LONG while before I go back to shooters. I have a relative who lives in Hooksett, and so I stop in every time I’m nearby or passing by or make a trip there. Lately I have been in once or twice a week, usually at lunch hour

so today behind the ammo counter was some 6.5 unobtanium. A couple of unopened cases of each bullet weight on a shelf about waist high. Employee asked me if there something I wanted. Of course I say yes and I tell him what I wanted. I’m still surprised at the answer.

“I have to go ask the owner if I can sell you some.”

WTF???

He returns shortly and tells me, sorry no. The owner doesn’t want to put it out yet. I should call tomorrow morning.

So it appears the game is either be there in the morning when they open or don’t waste your time. ( I’m guessing a little on the rules, but every answer I’ve heard them give to anyone who asked about ammo was we had some this morning try tomorrow morning)

Makes me regret spending $700 bucks with them on a scope last week. But at least I won’t waste any more time stopping there.
Do you understand there is an ammo shortage and some stores are saving ammo for people that buy guns?

I know, it s*cks. I was at a store and heard the guy tell 4 people they couldn't buy ammo, it was reserved for people that bought a gun. I didnt need ammo, but even I couldn't get it if I wanted some because I was doing a transfer. I was cool with it.

LOL!!! [laugh] You must be a Ma**h***! [slap]

He didn't indicate that they asked him where he lives, so it sounds like a NH resident would encounter the same.

Of course, if the owner's answer had been, "sure, sell him a box," a MA residency could still have been a problem!

Last edited:
He didn't indicate that they asked him where he lives, so it sounds like a NH resident would encounter the same.

Of course, if the owner's answer had been, "sure, sell him a box," a MA residency could still have been a problem!
Shooters Outpost in Hookset asks everyone buying ammo, mags, etc for an ID, they will not sell certain items to MA residents

Back
Top Bottom