• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost going into Amherst NH (old Sportsmans Trading) Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
MA AG has no jurisdiction in NH. If you read the whole thread, you would maybe understand Jim's reasoning behind his policy (as he discussed).

I have read the whole thread and others before this one. This just sounds like some one who is either has control issues or is paranoid with a very over reactive imagination. You can decide which.

If it was my store, and I wanted to make sure 5he MA AG couldn't jam me up, I would record/scan/document i was selling to. A cursory glance at an ID would not do anything to protect my business
Let me turn this around. In my >40 yrs buying guns, ammo, mags, etc. even MA stores only look at the LTC before processing a sale (other than guns). Nobody that I know of (other than Dick's) copies down the info as "proof".

So the exact same risk could apply to every MA Dealer as what you ascribe to SO due to their NOT copying down our info. Right?

I have read the whole thread and others before this one. This just sounds like some one who is either has control issues or is paranoid with a very over reactive imagination. You can decide which.

Uh, no, I don't need to decide anything. When I buy cheap ammo at Walmart in Seabrook, I get carded. Dick's is located across from them in the same mall and doesn't card anyone for ammo. Even if Dick's has a sale going, I still go to Walmart.

Let me turn this around. In my >40 yrs buying guns, ammo, mags, etc. even MA stores only look at the LTC before processing a sale (other than guns). Nobody that I know of (other than Dick's) copies down the info as "proof".

So the exact same risk could apply to every MA Dealer as what you ascribe to SO due to their NOT copying down our info. Right?

YES. Which begs my original question, why ID at all? Not having it documented doesnt CYA. My thought is: if its legal to sell where I am, I sell it. If there is any chance that selling it will jeopardize my livelihood, then I will ID and document.

YES. Which begs my original question, why ID at all? Not having it documented doesnt CYA. My thought is: if its legal to sell where I am, I sell it. If there is any chance that selling it will jeopardize my livelihood, then I will ID and document.
It's not just "ID", you are also going to decline ammo sales to any MA resident without LTC.

It's not just "ID", you are also going to decline ammo sales to any MA resident without LTC.

So then if I'm a MA resident I could just show you a fake NH ID. Then i can get th restricted magazines and ammo and bring them back to MA. And when i get pulled over in MA and i have illegal merch and a SO receipt, what protection does SO have?

They will go right to SO and investigate why that was sold to a MA resident, and the SO has no evidence they screened his ID.

Makes no sense to me to require ID to prove residence, but not document it when your intent is to mitigate your liability.

So then if I'm a MA resident I could just show you a fake NH ID. Then i can get th restricted magazines and ammo and bring them back to MA. And when i get pulled over in MA and i have illegal merch and a SO receipt, what protection does SO have?

They will go right to SO and investigate why that was sold to a MA resident, and the SO has no evidence they screened his ID.

Makes no sense to me to require ID to prove residence, but not document it when your intent is to mitigate your liability.
I'll just point out that it is not illegal in NH to sell ammo and magazines to MA residents.

Maybe it’s just me.
If I had as much to lose as SO has on the line with real estate, inventory, display and God only knows what else I would not be toeing the line with BATFE and Maura knowing her stupid history.

How many of you guys bashing SO actually have REAL SKIN to lose? What’s your RE holdings value? Your MG collection is valued at how much??? Your personal wealth is ????? You value your employees and their families how???? You have how many 100’s of thousands of dollars to frivolously waste on needless lawyers to defend a illegal magazine sale.

Ya. I f***ing thought so. If your so great why is it you don’t own your own empire??

All this whine and cheese over buying something from SO or someplace else.

Shithead gangbangers don’t have cars and never drive in any direction to score.

For cripes sake. It's his shop, his rules. The law and the reasons don't matter. It's a private business not a gov agency, he gets to decide who and under what conditions he sells. Don't like it? Go somewhere else.

Maybe it’s just me.
If I had as much to lose as SO has on the line with real estate, inventory, display and God only knows what else I would not be toeing the line with BATFE and Maura knowing her stupid history.

How many of you guys bashing SO actually have REAL SKIN to lose? What’s your RE holdings value? Your MG collection is valued at how much??? Your personal wealth is ????? You value your employees and their families how???? You have how many 100’s of thousands of dollars to frivolously waste on needless lawyers to defend a illegal magazine sale.

Ya. I f***ing thought so. If your so great why is it you don’t own your own empire??

All this whine and cheese over buying something from SO or someplace else.

Shithead gangbangers don’t have cars and never drive in any direction to score.
Mic drop

If the ID is from MA, they apply MA laws to the purchase, so presumably anyone from MA purchasing there would be in concordance with MA law. I guess the problem maybe you are hinting at is if someone without LTC purchased ammo at Shooters by mistake, Jim would have no way of proving they checked for the LTC.

But, it isn't illegal for that MA resident without an LTC to purchase ammo in NH. By mistake, on purpose or for whatever reason. It isn't illegal, period.

So, to be clear, your clerks visually inspect a persons ID to be sure they are not violating their own states laws when purchasing non-firearms merchandise but you do NOT record/scan/save the information?

And you do this, ostensibly, to mitigate liability especially for MA laws?

If that is true (I admit I may not understand what you said), then how would that help you prove anything if the MA AG targeted you? If you have no record of verifying the residence of the customer, then I am not understanding why you would check ID at all?
So, to be clear, your clerks visually inspect a persons ID to be sure they are not violating their own states laws when purchasing non-firearms merchandise but you do NOT record/scan/save the information?

And you do this, ostensibly, to mitigate liability especially for MA laws?

If that is true (I admit I may not understand what you said), then how would that help you prove anything if the MA AG targeted you? If you have no record of verifying the residence of the customer, then I am not understanding why you would check ID at all?
FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!

Then buy his shop and change the rules or STFU.
Or better yet, open a competing shop and how him how to do it.

Even with voluntary CYA restrictions Jim looks like he's done a lot for 2A in New England. Which makes him...

...on your side?

You obviously don’t know me as no one that does know me would tell you neither of the above would describe me.

If the ID is from MA, they apply MA laws to the purchase, so presumably anyone from MA purchasing there would be in concordance with MA law. I guess the problem maybe you are hinting at is if someone without LTC purchased ammo at Shooters by mistake, Jim would have no way of proving they checked for the LTC.
Hell, I’d just have them post here. That would prove it right ? Ha ha ha time to open another beer

You know Fisher Tech aka JWP- talking to you is like pissing in the wind. My problem is that I keep trying and my leg just gets more wet.

I don’t get owning property in NH and choosing to be a MA resident. Sorry, I just don’t get it. Life is short and I value my 2A freedom.

FID & buy all the Ammo in the place. No FID/ no ammo. It does prevent ammunition from my store to be on your streets by the people that you wouldn’t want to be in public with your family. It has little to do with your AG. To prevent the accusations of profiling, we ask everyone to see the FID/or LTC. There has been more than you could ever imagine. No card holder has ever left without ammunition or compliant long guns they’ve wanted. You folks think it’s about you, it’s about the ones that can’t get what you have. If I just sold to everyone without asking, you’d be more pissed off if one of those “bad” sales ended up with it being unlawful to shop on this side of the border or your family were victimized by one of those scum. Come work for a week, I’ll show you some that would scare the shit out of you!
So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that those Mass laws are good, and prevent a lot of crime, right? Probably should have them in NH too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom