• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost attempted break-in this morning

Idiot

Idiot

LOL, a lot of good arresting him and only giving him $5000 bail did. If one of us responsible gun owners got caught like he did, we'd never get out. He must be in a special class of people who get the kid glove treatment.

LOL, a lot of good arresting him and only giving him $5000 bail did. If one of us responsible gun owners got caught like he did, we'd never get out. He must be in a special class of people who get the kid glove treatment.

The system needs criminals or people who break the law and commit wrongdoing. So people like him are what keep the system churning. So there’s no reason for them to do anything seriously with people like him.

Someone who isn’t a criminal, who tries to follows the law, and doesn’t commit actual wrongdoings, these people do nothing to keep the system going, so when someone like that happens to get caught up in it, they’ll do everything they can to keep them in it.

Yes, William is such a common name in Latin America. :rolleyes:
Guerrero my friend which coincidentally is the name of a state in Mexico so the name definitely has Latin roots....

BTW, did you hear Ed Naile Passed? :confused:

Last edited:
Maybe a good thing? Let him go on bail and he may shortly lead you to the other three...

Well, one of them. There are at least 4, based on CCTV footage shown from other shops they tried to get into, etc.

They’ll pull his social media, cellphone records for calls, texts and location data and probably have the other 3 in a week. He definitely isn’t very smooth since he was caught so quickly. These morons have their phones with them always and create a ton of evidence with them, texting, security cameras etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they already have excellent pictures of all 4 from inside a gas station where they stopped for cigarettes at 3 am or something stupid like that.

Turn them over to the customers. Tell the cops it's a BLM protest so they'll stand down. Problem solved for zero dollars.

So four ATTEMPTED burglaries. He'll get charged with four, take a plea for one, sentenced to time served and we'll be reading about him for something else in a couple of years.

The mentality of thieves has always intrigued me. Especially the ones who impulsively take such a big bite the house of cards comes crashing down.

I just hired a guy from a local butcher shop to come help me blow thru some pigs I just had slaughtered. Really just needed a pro to debone the shoulder and hams that I get mired down in. He says no problem for $100 a pig.

He promptly comes and does this over two mornings while I hang out in the garage with him doing work from home crap while wrapping a few cuts. The setup is nice with 14 feet of clear table space and all the right tools no problem there.

Day 2 he starts complaining that he needs more money because He can’t use a sawszall… I got 2 pro grade stainless bone saws. Even had to show him how to split a rib cage with it! Whatever money is not an issue but he says we will talk after.

So he’s all done and it is a huge help I am all caught up and can take it from there. I give him four crisp bills and had told him prior I got 8 more pigs to raise this year let’s make it a thing. Oh and he did take a full pail of lean scraps to grind up for us at his work to bring back.

So I get started a little later and of course immediately notice one of my pro grade fillet knives is gone. Never one to be surprised by human nature I laugh it off and carry on. Then later I am only counting 5 pork loins. These are huge 12-15 pounds each some real beauties but oh look there are 6 tailbone sections. By now wife is pissed and wants to call him. I’m like what’s the point? There is no upside. We just won’t hire him again. Well this was days ago and we are still waiting for that sausage… Ha Ha!

So to close the mind of a thief would rather take a couple hundred bucks in tools and product right now and destroy any future opportunity over building a lasting relationship where he could have really cleaned up over the long run…
I take it you live in a small rural area....a hint to some of the other farmers/neighbors, could cause a world of hurt to this guy financially.

So four ATTEMPTED burglaries. He'll get charged with four, take a plea for one, sentenced to time served and we'll be reading about him for something else in a couple of years.

This is a federal case, the federal system is very punitive and sentences can get very long, very quickly. If he cooperates maybe he can get 5 years, if he doesn’t they could put him in for 15 plus pretty easily.

So are they are saying he was only involved in the attempts and not the successful robberies that netted some 40+ guns?

Thats what he’s charged with now but it says the investigation is ongoing. They only issue statements on things charged, they don’t usually talk about investigations (confirming or denying))

Once they start looking at his text messages, snap chat, etc they’ll probably have a mountain of evidence putting him at locations when the thefts happened and others who he was with.

The mentality of thieves has always intrigued me. Especially the ones who impulsively take such a big bite the house of cards comes crashing down.

I just hired a guy from a local butcher shop to come help me blow thru some pigs I just had slaughtered. Really just needed a pro to debone the shoulder and hams that I get mired down in. He says no problem for $100 a pig.

He promptly comes and does this over two mornings while I hang out in the garage with him doing work from home crap while wrapping a few cuts. The setup is nice with 14 feet of clear table space and all the right tools no problem there.

Day 2 he starts complaining that he needs more money because He can’t use a sawszall… I got 2 pro grade stainless bone saws. Even had to show him how to split a rib cage with it! Whatever money is not an issue but he says we will talk after.

So he’s all done and it is a huge help I am all caught up and can take it from there. I give him four crisp bills and had told him prior I got 8 more pigs to raise this year let’s make it a thing. Oh and he did take a full pail of lean scraps to grind up for us at his work to bring back.

So I get started a little later and of course immediately notice one of my pro grade fillet knives is gone. Never one to be surprised by human nature I laugh it off and carry on. Then later I am only counting 5 pork loins. These are huge 12-15 pounds each some real beauties but oh look there are 6 tailbone sections. By now wife is pissed and wants to call him. I’m like what’s the point? There is no upside. We just won’t hire him again. Well this was days ago and we are still waiting for that sausage… Ha Ha!

So to close the mind of a thief would rather take a couple hundred bucks in tools and product right now and destroy any future opportunity over building a lasting relationship where he could have really cleaned up over the long run…
Adding to what @Palladin said (can't get multi-quote to work), I'd recommend naming and shaming the guy you hired. If nothing else, confront him over the phone and give him a chance to come clean. He casually took you for a couple hundred in tools and meat, chances are high he'll do the same (or worse) to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom