Shooter's Choice High-Tech Grease?

Some people have said that they like Militec-1 products, and I’m thinking their Synthetic Metal Conditioner would be good for a carry gun. (BTW, Militec-1 Grease is a different product.) According to their application instructions here, once the metal conditioner has been properly applied, the firearm's metal parts can be wiped dry—leaving it constantly lubricated—so there would be no smell and no oily residue to drip onto a holster or clothes... also nothing left behind that would trap grit. That seems like it would be a good carry solution, but has anyone here used Militec-1 long enough to determine if running a dry gun causes excessive wear?

Film thickness is only as good as the base oil in grease. The soap makes it thicker so it will stay put.
I don't want my oil or grease to stay put on my guns. I just use more oil whenever it needs it.

How do you know when the Militec-1 needs to be re-applied? When it starts to grind metal?

I just got both my guns, and haven't had to clean them yet (they were both cleaned by their previous owners before I got them).

Clean them anyway before you shoot. It'll give you a chance to see any obvious problems before you shoot and it'll help you get to know your guns better.

[grin]

For anything that requires grease i have been using the little 25 cent containers of "rifle grease" that can be had at most surplus stores. anything colder than 30ish degrees and it gets a little too stiff though.

web%20page%20Grease%20Rifle%205%20B.jpg

Clean them anyway before you shoot. It'll give you a chance to see any obvious problems before you shoot and it'll help you get to know your guns better.

[grin]

Oh, I've field stripped and reassembled each of them more times than I can remembered since I've gotten them. Just nothing to clean until I get out to the range!

Oh, I've field stripped and reassembled each of them more times than I can remembered since I've gotten them. Just nothing to clean until I get out to the range!

Ok, I cleaned the M&P anyway! Turns out there was a little residue to clean out after all! Felt good! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom