Shooters - Amherst

Congrats - we didn't see this thread until now (hey, crosspost next time!) but the parking lot looked packed when the Mrs. drove by today, so - sounds like SUCCESS! (Unsurprising, Jim, and many more successes to you!)

Hello!

I'm a longtime NES lurker who just joined tonight.

Stopped in today at the new Shooters Outpost in Amherst (where I've lived since escaping MA in 1983).

It's a great store with tremendous potential, a most welcome addition to the plaza where Sportsman's Trading Company ran roughshod for so many years. For many of us up this way, it's a dream come true.

The store is beautiful. Well done!

As an early bird, I cleaned up on second-hand premium ammo. It was pennies on the dollar. I wiped out all the good stuff in 9mm and 45acp. Almost got another hernia carrying it out.

The staff was outgoing and helpful without being too clingy.

Check it out!

Best to all,
Dan

Hello!

Stopped in today at the new Shooters Outpost in Amherst (where I've lived since escaping MA in 1983).

It's a great store with tremendous potential, a most welcome addition to the plaza where Sportsman's Trading Company ran roughshod for so many years. For many of us up this way, it's a dream come true.

As an early bird, I cleaned up on second-hand premium ammo. It was pennies on the dollar. I wiped out all the good stuff in 9mm and 45acp. Almost got another hernia carrying it out.

Check it out!

Best to all,
Dan
from one dan to another, welcome to NES. thanks for the report on shooters 2, always good to have more perspectives. glad you finally, pulled the trigger, and became an NES member. consider going green, there are many advantages associated with doing so. cheers and happy holiday season

Hello!

Check it out!

Best to all,
Dan
And my staff didn’t help you carry it out? I’ll chat with them. Thank you Dan for the kind words. We hear Al stories everyday, there’s no shortage of horror stories. I promise not to repeat his mistakes. Jim

And my staff didn’t help you carry it out? I’ll chat with them. Thank you Dan for the kind words. We hear Al stories everyday, there’s no shortage of horror stories. I promise not to repeat his mistakes. Jim

Jim, shopping at your new store was a most pleasant experience.

FWIW, the young man assisting at the checkout -- conducted by the nice lady -- sprang into action when I asked him to get the door for me, as my hands were more than full.

The lad had the good sense to let this semi-geezer maintain his dignity and proudly haul his own load.

I foresee your Amherst store flourishing. As time goes on, I hope there will be a large assortment of used firearms (other than milsurp), as well as an attractive consignment paradigm.

Thanks a million for all of your efforts!

Dan

from one dan to another, welcome to NES. thanks for the report on shooters 2, always good to have more perspectives. glad you finally, pulled the trigger, and became an NES member. consider going green, there are many advantages associated with doing so. cheers and happy holiday season

Thanks, Dan, for the warm welcome. I went to my club (Pinnacle) today to sample some of the NOS goods from SO2. I'll be going NES very soon. Life is good!

Was it Just Wednesday you where open, or are you soft open onward till your officially open? Was thinking of swinging by today, but wanted to know before I made the trip.

Went by this am and grabbed a coffee at a&e and went over. Store looks great and staff was exceptional. Bought a rear sight and will be back!!

Went to Shooters II and love it!
Saw 4 or 5 clean Yugo SKS's ($499) and at least 1 Albanian. Ton of Milsurp rifles and ammo. Very, very nice displays and inventory.
Helpful, happy and attentive staff.

My only issue is I would have left there with a Magpul/Ruger PC carbine in 9mm but they only had New Hampshire SKU'd carbines in stock. No worries though, I was told they are "On the Way!"

They should be there now! Sent a couple of them down this past weekend. Closed Monday/Tuesday

Ruger-PC-Carbine-Chassis-2.jpg

Love the "Papasha-esque" barrel guard/forend. Now I just need some wood, a sear and a drum mag...

hmq9z59ewity.jpg

Nice, glad to see Sunday hours. Planning to stop in either Saturday or Sunday this weekend.

Is there any powder on sale? I know before it was mentioned there was no room for reloading, and then (I think) Jim said there could be some popular powders and maybe other stuff squeezed in.

Nice, glad to see Sunday hours. Planning to stop in either Saturday or Sunday this weekend.

Is there any powder on sale? I know before it was mentioned there was no room for reloading, and then (I think) Jim said there could be some popular powders and maybe other stuff squeezed in.
Call and ask, maybe they can get what you're looking for sent down.

dropped by the shop
looks nice. location seems solid.
got case of fiocchi 115gr

I dropped by too. Chatted with Jim for a while. Shop look great and staff was very attentive. Decent deals on bulk ammo.

Back
Top Bottom