• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooter

Yeah, great flick. Its one I can watch over and over for some reason. Haven't seen the show yet, but I have a few buddies that are telling me I need to watch and and I'll love it.

Freaking love this movie. The only thing that takes me out of it is theres one part where hes running up to a house, emptys a mag out of his m4, puts a new mag in and hits the bolt catch, then for no reason pulls the charging handle and ejects a live round.

Ya that kind of thing happens when you're a PP and only get to handle them on a movie set. [rofl2]

I watched my buddy's wife put a 25 rd mag in his 10/22 then... Pull trigger, pull charging handle, pull trigger, pull charging handle, repeat 12 times... [laugh] I waited until she was done with the mag to point it out to him. He said "why didn't you tell me after she did it the first time?" to which I replied, "because then you'd only have to find and pick up one round..." [rofl2]

It's a good thing I don't believe in hell, cuz that's where I would be going. [laugh]

read the book, much better

Point of Impact - Steven Hunter

Have read it so many times the book fell apart. Was disappointed the villain was changed in the movie.

I enjoy the movie, but it is still full of typical movie exaggeration. Like hitting a can of beef stew at a mile with a single cold bore shot.

Have read it so many times the book fell apart. Was disappointed the villain was changed in the movie.

I enjoy the movie, but it is still full of typical movie exaggeration. Like hitting a can of beef stew at a mile with a single cold bore shot.

As long as you know the rotation of the Earth, all day long [rofl]

Book really, really good.
Movie, great entertainment.
Show? Yeah I'll be skippping this one too and filing it right next to the new Ghostbusters on the idea rating chart.

As long as you know the rotation of the Earth, all day long [rofl]

Book really, really good.
Movie, great entertainment.
Show? Yeah I'll be skippping this one too and filing it right next to the new Ghostbusters on the idea rating chart.

My favorite one by Hunter is "Time to Hunt " I've read that one about a dozen times.

It was OK. I'm not a big MarkyMark fan. I think after being subjected to watching a few episodes of Doucheburgers I lost any desire I had left to watch him in a movie. I'd rather watch Adam Samberg do his MM impression. "Hey Bear. Howyadoin? OK. Say hello to your moms f'me." [rofl]

Book was good. I forget why I never went further with Hunter books.

"Welcome to Tennessee. Patron state of shooting stuff."

Yeah, I like it. Sure, there was some stupid stuff in it, but I'm not using Hollywood as a technical resource much.

The part I can't get over is he stores all his rifles without their firing pins.Some people might do that,but it must be tough to use that rifle in a hurry.

Freaking love this movie. The only thing that takes me out of it is theres one part where hes running up to a house, emptys a mag out of his m4, puts a new mag in and hits the bolt catch, then for no reason pulls the charging handle and ejects a live round.

Haha. Me too.

Makes it more tolerable as the scene is done in slow-mo.

I imagine even in a well researched movie this can happen cause they do so many shoots. Maybe in one shoot he used the charging handle instead of the bolt release, and they got spliced together?

The part I can't get over is he stores all his rifles without their firing pins.Some people might do that,but it must be tough to use that rifle in a hurry.

Correction: He installs WRONG (i.e.: short) firing pins in all of his rifles. You'd need a micrometer to tell. [rofl]

Ya that kind of thing happens when you're a PP and only get to handle them on a movie set. [rofl2]

I watched my buddy's wife put a 25 rd mag in his 10/22 then... Pull trigger, pull charging handle, pull trigger, pull charging handle, repeat 12 times... [laugh] I waited until she was done with the mag to point it out to him. He said "why didn't you tell me after she did it the first time?" to which I replied, "because then you'd only have to find and pick up one round..." [rofl2]

It's a good thing I don't believe in hell, cuz that's where I would be going. [laugh]

First time I took my nephew to shoot a handgun (1911 w a .22 conversion) he did the same thing. Shoot a round, rack the slide. Shoot a round, rack the slide. The shit kids learn on TV these days.

First time I took my nephew to shoot a handgun (1911 w a .22 conversion) he did the same thing. Shoot a round, rack the slide. Shoot a round, rack the slide. The shit kids learn on TV these days.

I was at the range, talking to another shooter, nice guy, who was there shooting with his nephews. I noticed his USMC shirt and we started jawing. And I noticed the boys were shooting an HK-USP and was asking him how he liked it etc etc. The boy that was shooting slapped in a mag, and turned the gun sideways and emptied the mag. He waited till he was done, told him to wait a second and smacked the kid right upside the head. ( not hard )
He said " Boy, this ain't Grand Theft Auto, don't ever do that again.

They were black, and he told me that the last thing the world needed was another black man holding his gun sideways because they see it on TV. I told him white kids do the same thing.

I was at the range, talking to another shooter, nice guy, who was there shooting with his nephews. I noticed his USMC shirt and we started jawing. And I noticed the boys were shooting an HK-USP and was asking him how he liked it etc etc. The boy that was shooting slapped in a mag, and turned the gun sideways and emptied the mag. He waited till he was done, told him to wait a second and smacked the kid right upside the head. ( not hard )
He said " Boy, this ain't Grand Theft Auto, don't ever do that again.

They were black, and he told me that the last thing the world needed was another black man holding his gun sideways because they see it on TV. I told him white kids do the same thing.

[rofl]

To the OP: My wife rolls her eyes and says 'that one again?'. She thinks I have a soft spot for Kate Mara....it's on Showtime. A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom