Shooter in Canadian Parliment

Kill a soldier at a veteran's memorial, head over to the seat of government and start shooting that up, then flee to a mall/shopping center to shoot there too. Sounds pretty jihadish - you get the symbolism of killing the soldier, then the symbolism of attacking the government building and also the innocent civilians. That's got to be some sort of hat trick in the jihad world.

With 1 or 2 more supposedly on the run we probably haven't seen the last of the shootings there.

Last edited:
jeeezuzzz what was that first round? that was loud.

That may be an artifact of the recording. The first round was solitary and the rest were in quick succession. The MPEG video codec used to record in most devices adjusts to loud sounds in order to keep loud sounds from getting compressed into unrecognizable noise. Also, there is an SPL rating on mics and if you exceed that, the mic actually pics up less, not more information. ie; The mic basically washes out to noise. So there may be a lot of things going on there including the acoustics of that chamber which would give any sound guy a heart attack if they needed to record clear ambient sound.

It could have also been a 12 gauge... [laugh]

Good guy with a gun... said:
Veteran Affairs Minister Julian Fantino told QMI Agency that Parliament’s sergeant-at-arms, Kevin Vickers, shot one gunman dead.
“All the details are not in, but the sergeant-at-arms, a former Mountie, is the one that engaged the gunman, or one of them at least, and stopped this,” Fantino said from inside Centre Block. “He did a great job and, from what I know, shot the gunman and he is now deceased.”

I read this yesterday. Now I am just waiting for it to happen.

51Rw90yAquL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Day-Wrath-Wil...998071&sr=8-1&keywords=day+of+wrath+forstchen

Bull,

Some pigs are more equal than others.

and Shit.

a school bus could have slammed into a train which then slammed into the parliament and it wouldnt make news in the US.

however, one lunatic w a gun in the parliament and its all over US news

how's that for ascertainment bias

An attack on the seat of government of a major western nation and a close US ally is big news. An attack that threatened the head of state of the nation is a big story.

This is most likely not a rampage shooting, it is more likely a military style attack with the goal of decapitating the government of Canada.

First shooting at the War Memorial to attract attention and resources to that. Second shooting at a shopping mall to add to the confusion. Third (main) attack on the intended target. I'm no military genius, I'm not even a veteran, but distraction attacks are not limited to the military. Anyone can come up with that idea and if they have enough resources execute it.

It's way more than just likely, it's almost a certainty, that this was a terrorist attack by someone. Jihadists? Yeah, most likely, but could be some other disgruntled group.

Imagine if someone decided to attack Congress and assassinate the President at the same time. Like the President or hate him, he's the President. Even if you hate the man, the office needs to be protected.

An assassination of a head of state would be a major victory for terrorists.

That may be an artifact of the recording. The first round was solitary and the rest were in quick succession. The MPEG video codec used to record in most devices adjusts to loud sounds in order to keep loud sounds from getting compressed into unrecognizable noise. Also, there is an SPL rating on mics and if you exceed that, the mic actually pics up less, not more information. ie; The mic basically washes out to noise. So there may be a lot of things going on there including the acoustics of that chamber which would give any sound guy a heart attack if they needed to record clear ambient sound.

It could have also been a 12 gauge... [laugh]

One of the reports state that a witness saw a man with a SG at the parliament building. So it very well could have been a 12 Gauge.

That's pretty useless if that's all they had. Just sayin'
Um, ah, seriously?
a. Shotgun - no thanks, I'd like to say on the stock end at all times .
b. Shipyard shooter did just fine-thanks starting with one...

- - - Updated - - -

Do you even internet Bro? [laugh]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/driver-shot-dead-after-he-hits-2-canadian-soldiers/2014/10/20/ef6c95b4-58bb-11e4-9d6c-756a229d8b18_story.html

Surprised the news reports haven't been scrubbed to say "lone gunman". [rolleyes]

Tea party! Even though it's Canada, it must be the tea party's fault or budget cuts by the right wing republicans. I wonder if we'll hear 'workplace violence' mentioned by the US press.

Surprised the news reports haven't been scrubbed to say "lone gunman". [rolleyes]
Canada has no 1A protection - they are "subjects" not "citizens" and as such their press has to tread VERY carefully on slander, libel, hate speech and generally saying anything .gov doesn't like.

They have, on many occasions, waited for a US paper to pick up a story and then refer to it's facts rather than say them out loud.

So, don't expect a lot of truthyness anytime soon from their press.

An assassination of a head of state would be a major victory for terrorists.

Sorry, but, align 10 heads state from one side,
Then, align just one 5 year old girl. I want to see the girl survive. The heads of state ? mm..

When you read "the head of state is safe, we have defeated the attackers main goal"
I read
"Dear servants, in case you wanted to know, your dear leader is safe, you need not to worry" . **** that.

If an attack would be carried out on any government institution, my main concern would be for the civilians on site. The politicians ? they use tax payer dollars, in times of peace, in order to secure themselves and their families getaway plans which are not accessible to the general public.

Back
Top Bottom