• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Shoot The President": School Cancels Assassination Birthday Party

Reptile

NES Member
A performing arts center in Ohio is in hot water for advertising a kids birthday party where participants are encouraged to shoot “The President.”

The Olmsted Performing Arts building in Berea advertised the Nerf gun game on its website with the description, “There is one president with body guards. Everyone else tries to eliminate the president.”

‘Shoot The President’: School Cancels Assassination Birthday Party Game After Backlash

I've played paintball versions of this in my youth. Calling it kill the president is probably a bad idea. VIP or bodyguard is what it went by in my experience.

Seems like all those artsy-fartsy liberals have a violent streak against their fellow man.....
they would probably protest a regular donkey pinata as animal cruelty

not all "art" is equally offensive

pabhx0ntrnqf1v7jihif.jpg

My biggest fear is that go time will come after I am to old to participate.

(Relax - statement made for entertainment purposes only. I do not really want to see the country in chaos. But if it comes, I definitely want to be on the side of the guys with the guns.)

Was this event cancelled before or after heavily armed Secret Service agents showed up to investigate these idiots making threats against the POTUS? Ted Nugent tried it and did not like the results when he made thinly veiled threats against Obama and referred to his personal machine gun collection.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the way this was marketed, this would be a normal kid's game.

You can't call it "Cowboys and Indians" anymore without bringing the full wrath of Lieawatha down on your head, so you gotta call it something else. In this day and age of TDS and #poundmetoo I'm not surprised that they thought this angle would be okay.

(Relax - statement made for entertainment purposes only. I do not really want to see the country in chaos. But if it comes, I definitely want to be on the side of the guys with the guns.)

As long as you can still pull a trigger, you are welcome to help.

Malodave

Me Too!

True story or not. I don’t understand why people watch or visit info wars web site. It’s like when I see adults watching “pro wrestling”. Just makes me think less of them. I can’t take them serious.

True story or not. I don’t understand why people watch or visit info wars web site. It’s like when I see adults watching “pro wrestling”. Just makes me think less of them. I can’t take them serious.

Curious, where do you get the news that you believe?

Curious, where do you get the news that you believe?
If you’re equating info wars even to the lame Stream media, you’re not worth having a back-and-forth with. He’s a vile pig. A con artist of the worst type “preying” on simple minded folks. I’m embarrassed for people who take him seriously or even visit his site.

I'm only half smart-ass, on my mother's side. You sidestepped the question though. I usually hit the same few news orgs then come here, so I'm open to new sources.

I'm not endorsing infowars or ones even crazier, but you'd be throwing the baby out with the bath water if you can't admit that if you don't consider some of the fringe news, then you will miss much. It's not always what the MSM covers, but what it refuses to.

People in their 50's and older grew up believing the radio and TV as fact. I think they have a hard time grasping that they have been manipulated for so long and it is painful to see the veil ripped off of what they always believed to be true. Unfortunately some, when they have this epiphany, go straight to the opposing extreme end of the spectrum in response.

Back
Top Bottom