• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shoot, No Shoot. Online Test

Game Over
Your Score: 415
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:647.08ms
Black Unarmed:786ms
White Armed:693.8ms
White Unarmed:766.48ms

Scrivener: Well said. I stopped half way through the game as it became apparent to me that not one of the persons depicted was aiming the weapon at me. I shot no one. If we shot at every person holding a gun the various sportsmans clubs around New England would lose a lot of members. Foolish game.

SA John

Scrivener: Well said. I stopped half way through the game as it became apparent to me that not one of the persons depicted was aiming the weapon at me. I shot no one. If we shot at every person holding a gun the various sportsmans clubs around New England would lose a lot of members. Foolish game.

SA John

This is not a test to see who you might shoot if they have a gun, but is an eye-hand coordination test. I found myself simply noting if the shape was gunlike, and if I could respond to that shape.

In real life, would it mean anything? Well, maybe it just shows if I notice something that looks like a gun, I might just take notice and take cover, or drop, or draw a gun, or run...or simply that I notice what is going on around me. Let me tell ya, if someone produced a gun in any situation, I would hope to notice it, and quickly!!

Your Score: 700
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:535.12ms
Black Unarmed:609.92ms
White Armed:544.16ms
White Unarmed:582ms

They track your identity!

They trace you IP address. Just like when you take those free IQ tests- you are marked forever.

Where is my tin foil hat?

while talking on the phone to my cousin!

Game Over
Your Score: 425
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:825.08ms
Black Unarmed:872.16ms
White Armed:849.08ms
White Unarmed:910.56ms

Your Score: 500
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:591.48ms
Black Unarmed:764.4ms
White Armed:615.68ms
White Unarmed:664.6ms

Seems like someone is trying to develop a variation on the Implicit Association Test. Problem is the test is inherently flawed. How many of you even noticed the skin color 50% of the time?

I think a better way to do this is in two stages. First stage, all black men are armed, all white men have cell phones/wallets/beers. Randomly flash pictures of both on the screen. Track the reaction time.

Second stage, all the white guys are armed, and all the black guys have wallets/etc. Track and compare the reaction times.

I will say the idea of jumping a few backgrounds with no one pictured was a good idea to try to normalize back to a real reaction time.

Last edited:
Game Over
Your Score: 615
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:663.96ms
Black Unarmed:819.72ms
White Armed:660.44ms
White Unarmed:722.56ms

Back
Top Bottom