shoot in foxboro or somthinglike that

i herd some guys talking about a shoot i think this week end
i think its call independence can somebody help me
i quess its a pretty laid back match

That is Independent in Foxboro. They had an Action Pistol match Saturday. I have their schedule at home.

It is a laid back match in that it is a little less competitive atmosphere than a USPSA or IDPA match. However, it is run to the same high degree of safety and presents good stages. The shooting is done from a low-ready position, not a draw. Multiple entries per shooter is allowed.

The shooting includes falling steel plates and ringers, and sometimes even a Texas Star. They also have a Pin and Plate and a .22 match. If anyone wants to get on the e-mail list for the match, just PM me.

Steve

Independent Sportsmen's Club:

Up-Coming Shooting Events:
November 19, 2005 SAT Independent Sportsmen's Club .22 Pistol AND/OR Rifle SHOOT

December 10, 2005 SAT Independent Sportsmen's Club PIN & PLATE SHOOT

Setup time is 8:30 AM ---> Start time is 9:00AM

Directions:
From Rt. 495 take the Rt. 1 South Exit. Note you can no longer take a left turn onto Rt 152 (Taunton St). Turn right before the lights and then a left to get onto Rt-152(Taunton St.) Take your next Left onto Mirimichi St. Follow approx. 1.5 mi. turn right onto Mirimichi Rd. The Club is located at the end of Mirimichi Rd.

Steve,
Thanks for the info...
I am thinking about going to the 22lr match on Sat.
A couple questions

Do you know what the course of fire is?
Do you know if red dots are ok?
also do they shoot indoors or out?

Thanks in advace.
Paul

Now I'm even more disappointed I can't make it.

Red Dots are fine. The match is outside. The courses of fire include bowling pin tops, those little dueling trees, and sometimes a Texas star with special .22 plates.

You'll give Matt and Paul some competition.

I got an e-mail concerning the match and the gist of it was to bring lots of ammo. The suggestion was a brick per gun entry. Not too big of an investment.

GTOShootr said:
I got an e-mail concerning the match and the gist of it was to bring lots of ammo. The suggestion was a brick per gun entry. Not too big of an investment.

Sounds like I'd need to dig out the 30 rd banana mag for the 10-22... This is for rifle, right?

I know, it sounds like a lot. It is either rifle or pistol. You can enter with either one or both. 35 feet for pistol and 70 for rifle.

I think they are planning a "team challenge" surprise to end the match with. If I can go, I'll bring a video camera because it sounds like fun.

GTOShootr said:
I know, it sounds like a lot. It is either rifle or pistol. You can enter with either one or both. 35 feet for pistol and 70 for rifle.

I think they are planning a "team challenge" surprise to end the match with. If I can go, I'll bring a video camera because it sounds like fun.

Only 70 feet for rifle??? Good grief, Riverside's SHORT range is longer than that!

Is there an entry fee? And how long will the match likely last? (got tickets for a show on Saturday night).

Also... what is a Texas star?

70 feet. The targets aren't difficult, it's the time to hit them that will decide the winner. Also, it's only 70 because it is one shooter at a time and the targets have to be reset after every shooter. Everyone will still need extra shots.

$5 per entry. I won't guess how long the match will be. Early afternoon is a safe bet.

I'm not positive they'll have it but the Texas Star is a target figure holding five steel plates out on arms (forming a star). As you knock plates off, the star starts to spin with the change in weight. Here's one at the end of an IPSC stage at Harvard: http://www.sdlyons.com/scottb1.wmv

GTOShootr said:
Also, the "team challenge" is shooting 2x4s in half.

That is real cool. Did that (actually 2 1x3s taped together) thru the tape in Bellevue WA with Tweak and his gang (original AR15 eList crew). This was a 30yd indoor police training range (run hot) with 12 shooters at the same time (2 teams of 6) shooting AR15s. You never saw so much smoke in your life at one time!

A real blast!

Fast guys do those in a little over 3 seconds. My friend in the video is an awesome shooter. Shooting it at the end of a stage with your heart pumping is pretty tough.

Steve,
Where was your video with Scott shot?

Respectfully,

jkelly

Back
Top Bottom