Shoot 25-06 with 30-06 rifle?

I doubt the rifle will be harmed but, the brass will likely crack at the neck and anything resembling accuracy will not exist. And..
Why? Send me the 25-06. I will send you back an equal amount of 30-06

I doubt the rifle will be harmed but, the brass will likely crack at the neck and anything resembling accuracy will not exist.
yeah, I agree. but this serves no purpose except producing a noise. we fire formed .223 brass into 7mm tcu's by firing .223's down a tcu barrel. the smaller bullet rattles down a larger bore with no real accuracy and forms the smaller case mouth into the larger 7mm size. there was no reason to waste a target, we just shot them into the berm. trade your 25-06's if you can.

yeah, I agree. but this serves no purpose except producing a noise. we fire formed .223 brass into 7mm tcu's by firing .223's down a tcu barrel. the smaller bullet rattles down a larger bore with no real accuracy and forms the smaller case mouth into the larger 7mm size. there was no reason to waste a target, we just shot them into the berm. trade your 25-06's if you can.

Not to mention that on its way down the bore, it deposited severe copper fouling being sliced off as the bullet skidded by the lands. Its a dumb idea in any case.

Looking at cartridge dimensions, a .25-06 should chamber just fine in a .30-06 chamber. Whether it's wise to fire these off, that's your call. I'd think you'd have a tremendous muzzle flash and a wildly tumbling projectile. Doubtful if you'd hit much beyond twenty yards...simply haven't tried it myself.
I'd encourage you to fire .25-06 Remington ammo only in a rifle chambered for .25-06 Remington.
I know several shooters that fire .40 S&W out of 10mm Glocks all day long with no apparent issues.
I've heard of one instance where someone also fired .308 Winchester out of a K31 (7.5x55mm) with no clue, until he gathered up is short-necked brass.

Looking at cartridge dimensions, a .25-06 should chamber just fine in a .30-06 chamber. Whether it's wise to fire these off, that's your call. I'd think you'd have a tremendous muzzle flash and a wildly tumbling projectile. Doubtful if you'd hit much beyond twenty yards...simply haven't tried it myself.
I'd encourage you to fire .25-06 Remington ammo only in a rifle chambered for .25-06 Remington.
I know several shooters that fire .40 S&W out of 10mm Glocks all day long with no apparent issues.
I've heard of one instance where someone also fired .308 Winchester out of a K31 (7.5x55mm) with no clue, until he gathered up is short-necked brass.

40sw out of a 10mm is like a 38 in a .357, same caliber, just a bit shorter, thats not a problem

When you start throwing bullets of sub caliber down a barrel, they are skimming off the lands and shearing the bullet jacket, leaving copper in the barrel.....worse, lead if shooting cast bullets. Its a no go situation by all accounts.

This is the broad side of your target:

37755576774_d731e96f84_b.jpg

That had to spit some nices gases back into his face.

Thanks everyone...probably just ask around to see if any buddies shoot 25-30 in my area and maybe trade...worst comes to worst I drop it off at the police station

Thanks everyone...probably just ask around to see if any buddies shoot 25-30 in my area and maybe trade...worst comes to worst I drop it off at the police station
heck dont do that. Bring it to local gun club at a meeting or breakfast and give it to one of the old guys...

Went and picked up what was there...giving the 30-06 to a buddy...going to see if anyone at my club wants the 25-06 shells

30-06
10 live
19 shells

25-06
133 shells

Attachments

• EC1B5145-1E13-4131-8A61-664FFB5FAECE.jpeg
    EC1B5145-1E13-4131-8A61-664FFB5FAECE.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 8193CF7E-B55E-47C3-942D-A8551474ECEE.jpeg
    8193CF7E-B55E-47C3-942D-A8551474ECEE.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 19

40sw out of a 10mm is like a 38 in a .357, same caliber, just a bit shorter, thats not a problem

How the hell does this work at all? 10mm and .40 S&W both head-space on the mouth of the cartridge, not the rim. I'm surprised they even fired.

Are they headpacing on the extractor?

How the hell does this work at all? 10mm and .40 S&W both head-space on the mouth of the cartridge, not the rim. I'm surprised they even fired.

Are they headpacing on the extractor?

Exactly that. Extractor hook will hold the cartridge enough for the primer to be hit. I've tried it, but only to burn up 25 rds. of 40 S&W that I found after I got rid of my last one. I'm on the side of 'it works, but why bother'.

Oh boy is THAT ever the wrong answer!!

I posted it up on their webpage Monday since I won’t be getting there anytime soon to put something on the bulletin board...If don’t have any takers after the new year you have dibs on them
And I'd be happy to pay shipping and handling since I am about as far from the south shore as one could be and still be in Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom