• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shoot ‘till You Puke, Thanksgiving all Steel ProAm style match 11-22-14 @ HSA

PMD

Shoot ‘till You Puke, Thanksgiving all Steel ProAm style match

Where: Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association http://www.hsasports.com
When: Saturday, November 22, 2014
What: 3 All-Steel Stages plus one Tie-Breaker stage
Two start times - $20 each flight, shoot once or twice in different division
9:45a Shooters Meeting
10:00a Start of first flight
Start of second flight after first flight is complete ($10 discount on second flight if you stay to help breakdown).

This will be an all Steel match based on the ProAm Match rules
Each stage will be given a "Par-Time". The goal is to knock down as many tagets as possible within that time period.
Stage Par-times will be determined the morning of the match.
Number of possible targets to be determined prior to match (~75) - see this post for updates

PROCEDURES

PAR-TIME Stages
• An OVERTIME SHOT is any shot that is fired 0.31 seconds over the PAR TIME for the stage.

• Each OVERTIME SHOT will incur a one-hit penalty from the RAW SCORE, whether it is a hit or miss.

TIE-BREAKER Stage
• The TIE-BREAKER stage will be timed.

• Any piece of steel left standing after each string of fire will incur a 3-second penalty

• Each competitor will complete two strings of fire on the TIE-BREAKER stage.

• Fastest two-string total time will win the TIE-BREAKER stage.

• Fastest individual run on the TIE-BREAKER will settle any remaining ties.

Miscellaneous

• Safety regulations will be based on the most current USPSA Rulebook.

• Since there is no minimum power factor, steel that is left standing will not count for RAW SCORE whether it was hit or not. There is no calibrations. Struck plates that are edged at 90 degrees will be scored as hits.

• No part of the competitor’s feet may touch the ground outside of the shooting box to be considered “inside the shooting box.”

EQUIPMENT

Iron Sight Division

• Any pistol legal in USPSA Limited/L10/Production/Single Stack or IDPA SSP/ESP/CDP

• Minimum caliber 9x19

• Maximum of 10 rounds loaded in any magazine AFTER THE START SIGNAL.

• Any shooter using more than 10 rounds in a magazine after the start signal will zero the stage (0 hits).

• Power Factor - NONE, but STEEL MUST FALL TO SCORE (125,000 or higher recommended).

Open Division

• Any pistol legal in USPSA Open Division

• Minimum caliber 9x19

• Maximum of 10 rounds loaded in any magazine AFTER THE START SIGNAL.

• Any shooter using more than 10 rounds in a magazine after the start signal will zero the stage (0 hits).

• Power Factor - NONE, but STEEL MUST FALL TO SCORE (125,000 or higher recommended).

Holsters/Belt/Mag Pouches

• Any holster that safely retains the pistol and covers the trigger/trigger guard is legal, i.e. any USPSA or IDPA legal holster, belt, pouches, etc.

• Holsters must be positioned according to USPSA or IDPA rules. No shoulder or cross-draw holsters allowed.

• Mag pouches may be placed anywhere on belt.

• Any magazine the competitor wishes to use is allowed, provided only 10 rounds maximum are loaded after the start signal.

Is this similar to the walls of steel stages but with par time?

-Cuz

Could you guys give a little more info on this kind of event, like how much ammo we'll need, how many mags we'll need etc… I've only been been shooting for a few years and would love to start shooting at something other than paper, but this is all just a little intimidating for some of us newbs.

ProAm steel is kind of like USPSA in that you have a course of fire with some movement in it and kind of like Walls of Steel in that there's nothing but steel and a crap ton of it. It's a par time and you move through the course of fire and knock down as much steel as you can before the end buzzer sounds. 10 rounds max in any mag after the buzzer sounds so you need as many mags as you think it'll take to knock things down. Not sure how many pieces of steel the guys are planning per stage but that really dictates how many mags you need on the belt and how many overall for the match.

here's one of the first youtoobs I found that shows the format:
[video=youtube_share;rx8xmi4j13Y]http://youtu.be/rx8xmi4j13Y[/video]

I shot a Pro Am stage at Harvard several years ago and really enjoyed it. I hope to make the Hopkinton match if I can get the day off. The Pro Am stage that I shot years ago had no "par time". What is the purpose in having a "par time"?

PS The rules that were posted seemed to indicate that the shooter would be allowed to start with ten in the mag and one in the chamber for a total of 11 rounds. Is my interpretation of the rules accurate?

Man, looks like it will be fun. Going to see if I can free up to make it also.

Gammon, Pro Am scoring is the the most straight forward around (I think), your score is the number of steel you shoot down...period (well minus penalties). So, no time to score ratios, no re-shoots for steel calibration. You shoot, you knock down stuff. The par time is the part that makes it challenging - what do you do to get the most steel down.

Only shot it at the Charity match, but Jason Linn gave a great explanation.

PS The rules that were posted seemed to indicate that the shooter would be allowed to start with ten in the mag and one in the chamber for a total of 11 rounds. Is my interpretation of the rules accurate?

Correct...similar to USPSA Production rules you are allowed to have only 10 in any magazine when the buzzer sounds. This means you can put a mag with 11 into the gun and rack one into the chamber and be within the rules. grab the wrong mag and leave the 11 rounder on the belt and you got a problem [wink]

Yes Gammon - What Tabascoisnice and BostonBullit wrote.

Also the other advantage with Par-time is that a match runs very efficient.
I have shot a few 8 and 9 stage matches with full squads in half day formats.

This style match is becoming one of my favorites. I think you and others will get hooked once they shoot..

Yes Gammon - What Tabascoisnice and BostonBullit wrote.

Also the other advantage with Par-time is that a match runs very efficient.
I have shot a few 8 and 9 stage matches with full squads in half day formats.

This style match is becoming one of my favorites. I think you and others will get hooked once they shoot..

Thanks, Paul now I get it. Hope to see you on Sat.

Aww crap -- I'll be in Newport, RI officiating at a swim meet for the weekend. [crying]

Y'all stay safe, now, ya' hear?

TTFN,
F.
:cool:

ProAm steel is kind of like USPSA in that you have a course of fire with some movement in it and kind of like Walls of Steel in that there's nothing but steel and a crap ton of it. It's a par time and you move through the course of fire and knock down as much steel as you can before the end buzzer sounds. 10 rounds max in any mag after the buzzer sounds so you need as many mags as you think it'll take to knock things down. Not sure how many pieces of steel the guys are planning per stage but that really dictates how many mags you need on the belt and how many overall for the match.

here's one of the first youtoobs I found that shows the format:
[video=youtube_share;rx8xmi4j13Y]http://youtu.be/rx8xmi4j13Y[/video]

I see what you did there.........

We won't be offended if you use your revo Dave

Ya, and limit you to 6 rnd mags I think
With the 8 shot it could be fun but I'd like to be a
"contenda". But the way my open auto ran at Walls
I don't know
I'll be there with something anyway, sounds like fun.

Delema !!!! I'm in the middle of switching platforms from Glock to 2011 so here's my dellema I sold my holster because I ordered on for my 2011 but my 2011 won't be here before sat and I still have my g34 and belt and mag holders but no holster !!! Can I borrow rent or buy a holster from someone just for sat [smile][wink][grin]

Delema !!!! I'm in the middle of switching platforms from Glock to 2011 so here's my dellema I sold my holster because I ordered on for my 2011 but my 2011 won't be here before sat and I still have my g34 and belt and mag holders but no holster !!! Can I borrow rent or buy a holster from someone just for sat [smile][wink][grin]
I can hook you with a holster for either Glock or 2011.
Message me..

Back
Top Bottom