Shock Video: SWAT Officer Shot in Head During Standoff

Reptile

NES Member

Suspect killed during shootout in Los Angeles neighborhood​

A Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) officer was shot in the head during a recent standoff with an armed suspect in Los Angeles, authorities say.

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) has released harrowing footage of a crisis that unfolded on March 16 as officers confronted a man believed to be under the influence of narcotics at a home in the LAPD Southwest Patrol Division.

The suspect, 36-year-old George Cerda, had already discharged a weapon at the scene when SWAT arrived.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2UQu6EIt4

“The SWAT personnel established containment, cleared surrounding residents from the area, and initiated their efforts to establish communication with the suspect,” LAPD explained in a statement. “After the Crisis Negotiation Team declared an impasse, gas was deployed into the home. As this occurred, the suspect fired, striking one SWAT officer twice. The suspect then exited the residence armed with a shotgun resulting in an Officer-Involved Shooting.”

“Cerda was struck by gunfire. The Los Angeles Fire Department responded and determined Cerda had died at the scene. The officer struck by gunfire was transported to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition. A shotgun and pistol were recovered at scene and booked as evidence. No other officers or bystanders were injured during this incident.”

The officer who was struck sustained an injury to his face. Another round was reportedly stopped by his tactical vest.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing.

Liberals will probably try to ban "cop-killer" shotguns next. FUDDs, take notice!
Yup the moron FUDDS should take notice. A 32" barreled trap gun would be perfect for taking out someone running from one tactical position to the next. Well, at least in the eyes of liberals in the legislatures. LOL Time to turn those in FUDDS.

There are lots of critical comments about that video over at ARF.

I guess that the officer had (right before that video started) = been hit with a bullet from the same person, on his chest armor but was OK.

So some of the legitimate criticism being doled out was:

- Why would you continue looking out from a position that is now a known target zone by the armed assailant ?

- Aside from the above, why would you not reposition your rifle to your left shoulder to reduce your visible exposure ?

There are lots of critical comments about that video over at ARF.

I guess that the officer had (right before that video started) = been hit with a bullet from the same person, on his chest armor but was OK.

So some of the legitimate criticism being doled out was:

- Why would you continue looking out from a position that is now a known target zone by the armed assailant ?

- Aside from the above, why would you not reposition your rifle to your left shoulder to reduce your visible exposure ?
Poor training?

I suck at transitions because of a long rifle stock but I can still do so if I mind the sling.

Since I didn't even notice the lack of transition - I will take this shooting to heart and learn from this poor officer's experience.

For some reason I do not believe Sargent Koval when he "promised" that if the future shooter came out, they would talk for a second, he could go back in and no jail lol

Its weird he stood out in the open like that after get the first shot and he moved more into the open when the second officer shot the tear gas. Poor training?

What was the shotgun he was using? One of those Kel-tecs?

Did they just execute him after? (never mind I see it just before 20 mins)

That partner that did not get shot is pretty badass/reckless, his buddy took one in the chest and he offered to swap spots

EDIT They got "Ghost gun" in the video ending

Last edited:
Poor Rodney. Rodney's buddy appeared to have no interest in helping him stop bleeding.
He had a full agenda.

(Didn't anyone else notice the dog in the backyard?
You see him cowering between the downed officer, the fence, and the shed.
His bowls get shoved out of way by the downed officer getting dragged).

He had a full agenda.

(Didn't anyone else notice the dog in the backyard?
You see him cowering between the downed officer, the fence, and the shed.
His bowls get shoved out of way by the downed officer getting dragged).

Yeah, that dog knows his coppers.

Cop got lucky he wasn’t killed. Pretty crazy he takes one to the vest and doesn’t move position at all. More often than not, when I see videos of SWAT, it leaves me wondering why there is a T in the acronym. They need to spend more time on the tactics. Good thing he had plates on.

21:45 : 'Ghost Guns do not have serial numbers, making them undetectable to police. '

The drama and overreach of this statement, invalidates the entire rest of his what he said. In my mind, anyway.

Cop got lucky he wasn’t killed. Pretty crazy he takes one to the vest and doesn’t move position at all. More often than not, when I see videos of SWAT, it leaves me wondering why there is a T in the acronym. They need to spend more time on the tactics. Good thing he had plates on.
They looked pretty unskilled actually letting their front man give a nice front quartering shot available.

Suspect killed during shootout in Los Angeles neighborhood​

A Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) officer was shot in the head during a recent standoff with an armed suspect in Los Angeles, authorities say.

The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) has released harrowing footage of a crisis that unfolded on March 16 as officers confronted a man believed to be under the influence of narcotics at a home in the LAPD Southwest Patrol Division.

The suspect, 36-year-old George Cerda, had already discharged a weapon at the scene when SWAT arrived.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r2UQu6EIt4

“The SWAT personnel established containment, cleared surrounding residents from the area, and initiated their efforts to establish communication with the suspect,” LAPD explained in a statement. “After the Crisis Negotiation Team declared an impasse, gas was deployed into the home. As this occurred, the suspect fired, striking one SWAT officer twice. The suspect then exited the residence armed with a shotgun resulting in an Officer-Involved Shooting.”

“Cerda was struck by gunfire. The Los Angeles Fire Department responded and determined Cerda had died at the scene. The officer struck by gunfire was transported to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition. A shotgun and pistol were recovered at scene and booked as evidence. No other officers or bystanders were injured during this incident.”

The officer who was struck sustained an injury to his face. Another round was reportedly stopped by his tactical vest.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing.

Donut operators youtube version is worth a scootch.

Officer Williams was shot twice. Once in the vest, and he continues on point.

Some good and some bad in this one. Perspective and presentstion are everything.

Back
Top Bottom