• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shipping powder and primers to Massachusetts

I'm considering getting back into reloading after a long, long hiatus.

Can anyone recommend online dealers who will ship powder and primers to residents of the People's Republic of Massachusetts. I'm guessing that there are some dealers who wont because they don't want the aggravation of dealing with the AG's "interpretation" of the law.

BTW, it might be prudent to PM me any response.

Thanks for the information.

I've never had Powde/Primers shipped to me nor have I tried. Hazmat and shipping costs will kill you. Most dealers have stuff or can get it for reasonable prices.

I've never had Powde/Primers shipped to me nor have I tried. Hazmat and shipping costs will kill you. Most dealers have stuff or can get it for reasonable prices.

+1

Unless you're buying a huge quantity, it's cheaper to get it from a local dealer.

What is a good per pound price for powder from a local dealer?

Depends a bit on the powder, of course. My last purchases from Riley's ( a couple months ago) were:

Bullseye: $15.55
W296: $15.95
CCI small pistol primers: $18.05

All without sales tax, of course. It does cost some gas and tolls to drive up there, but it's a pleasant enough drive, so I wait for a nice sunny day and think of that part as recreation.

My local guy is a bit more. Most of his powders are $19-$20/pound. Primers are about $20/1000. His store is also on my way to work.

Also keep in mind that Carl at Four Seasons has a rather large selection of powder. But with local fire codes, he is forced to keep his stock in the back room. If you want to know if he has a powder, just ask and they will go in back and get it for you. He has only not had 1 type of powder I have ever looked for, but there is only 3 dealers of that powder in the NE anyway.

Adam

Mail ordering powder and primers usually isn't economic -- the hazmat fees kill you. I buy mine from local shops.

Back
Top Bottom