Shipping handguns from an FFL

Sometimes a shotgun will "identify" as something else. I once had one come to me from out of state in a weed whacker box. Jack.
There was no chance that my Christmas Wish
official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle,
with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time box
was going in the recycle, but now it has become even more valuable.

Although a regular Red Ryder air rifle box would work even better.

Depends where in the state you are. I used to go to Pip's Barber Shop in Rutland. Been a few years, and I'm not sure if he is still there (the shop is, I think, but not the same owners). He charged a small fee and then shipped it via USPS Priority for a few bucks.
Hhmm. Possible business idea. Open a barber shop and place the chair across from gun display. Who wouldn’t buy something after sitting looking at the display for 30 minutes. New 1911’s, big bore revolvers, black rifles, lever actions, well balanced shotguns, etc. The women’s salons could have all 9mm and striker fired pistols in their display case..

It does look like shipmygun would save a small amount. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Sorry, I guess my question wasn’t clear. I’m interested in hearing which FFLs in VT do this service in a manner that is convenient and at the best price. I’ve paid $60 at one and around $90 at another. Thanks.
Check Gunbroker.com for an FFL locator, and then contact the dealer to ask. I had a guy in NH (sorry, haven't lived in VT for years due to income tax and anti-gunregs) who charged $30 for transfer, and around $20 (with insurance) for handguns. Saved me from having to drive 40 miles each way to the UPS hub to do it myself, for about the same.

Back
Top Bottom