• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shipping Ammo from MA to Another State

Does anyone know or have any experience shipping ammunition from MA to a person in another state? A friend in NC wants to buy some ammo from me that I no longer have a use for but I am not sure if it would be legal for me to ship it to him and/or how I would go about doing it?

Any help or references to the MA laws governing this type of thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, it's legal to ship ammunition. You have to follow some guidelines, however, and some USPS locations may not be willing to ship it. Just call UPS and/or Fedex and ask them what their requirements for shipping ammo are.

May not be the same,but I had to return some faulty ammo back to PMC. As I recall shipping was normal except for a $3 fee(?) for a ord b sticker. Went by UPS BTW

I've shipped ammo UPS, packed it securely in cardboard, made up some ORM-D labels on my computer, logged in to UPS.com and printed up shipping labels and brought it to the hub. Handed it to the clerk, thank you, have a nice day, no questions asked, no extra fees or charges.

My understanding is that places like the UPS store and UPS drivers cannot accept these shipments.

Thanks for the replies - I shipped it through UPS with no problems - they only asked whether it was under .50 caliber, which it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom