• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shipping a handgun to California using a FFL to a California FFL.

Kilroy

NES Member
I was going to sell a handgun I had for sale to a California resident. I was going use a FFL here and send to a FFL in California. While looking for information I found out my dealer would have to do this just to send to and for a California FFL to receive and accept and then be transferred to a California resident. Like importing firearm to another country. As long it is on the accepted California compliance list. Which it was. Pretty ridiculous and outrageous. Most dealers dont want to deal with this also as with myself . I agree. So any my firearms sales state in the sales ad no sales to California. They must do this to keep more firearms from comming into the state. I was born in California and moved to Massachusetts in 1969. Boy times have changed.
  1. I am an FFL dealer. What is the procedure for me to ship/transfer a firearm to a California FFL?
    • To enroll in the CFLC Program, go to the CFLC Log In Home Page or visit the CFLC information page on the Bureau of Firearms (BOF) website for additional information. Once enrolled, you may access the CFLC database 24 hours, 7 days a week. When you obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval number for a firearm shipment, you need to provide the Firearms Shipment Approval number to the receiving California FFL and keep a copy of it for your records.
      • I ship/transfer firearms to the same FFL dealer on a regular basis. Do I need to obtain a new Firearms Shipment Approval number each time I ship firearms to that dealer?
        • Yes. A Firearms Shipment Approval number is required for each shipment/transfer of firearms to a California FFL.

Back
Top Bottom