• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shiloh Rifle Company

peterk123

NES Member
Shiloh is on the market for sale. I just saw that it is under agreement. Anybody hearing anything in the rumor mill? I wonder if it is another manufacturer that is picking them up or just a private operator. They were asking $6 million for the business and the real estate in Big Timber MT.

Back in the early 1980s, when Shiloh was just starting out making replica Sharps, I realized the shop was about two miles or so from where I worked in Farmingdale, L..I. , N.Y. One day after work I stopped by. It was a small metal shop making decorative ironwork like railings for steps. The owner greeted me and in his heavy German accent showed me around, giving me an original Sharps reciever to hold, then one of his copies. I was impressed, but even then Sharps by Shiloh were very expensive. The business moved and probably changed hands more than once. Shilohs are still the gold standard for Sharps replica. I have a replica EAB Sharps Model 1863 that I bought for $500 about 20 years ago. Not up to Shiloh standards.

Last edited:
About this time last year that news broke.
Kirk and Lucinda are two of the nicest people you could ever meet.
Lucinda WILL out shoot you using black powder, cast bullets and iron sights.
Here's Lucinda's reply to a thread on the Shiloh forums.

If anyone here wants to try their hand with black powder and Buffalo rifles, PM me.

Craig

Re: Is Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Co. FOR SALE?

Post by Lucinda » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 am

Good Morning Everyone! First of all, I am not sure what makes someone feel they can post something to our forum that is private and personal. So now that it has been posted let us explain why: This is a personal choice, which was a hard one for us. When Kirk lost his youngest son (22 years of age) in December 2017 to suicide, it tends to suck the life right out of you. We have no generations below us to take this business over. Kirks oldest son is an engineer on the chinook helicopters and that’s his love and passion and my daughter is career Navy and has no desire to be in this business. Our folks are 81 and 78 years of age so what is one to do. Look around at the generations and know that younger people don’t want to take a chance in life and own a business. This generation wants to text and be on their phones and social media non-stop. We are trying to see what the market and interest would be in a rifle manufacturing company. We love what we have been doing and love our customers and just because it’s now known we are for sale it does not change our quality on our product or the love we have for our customers. If it does happen to transpire, be assured that it will be done very carefully. The last thing we want is to have a 43 year old Company die and the history to be lost. Wolfgang done it the same way almost 30 years ago when we purchased the business.

Thanks
Kirk, Lucinda, Bob and Phyllis Bryan

Here's the current listing.

Last edited:
Back in the early 1980s, when Shiloh was just starting out making replica Sharps, I realized the shop was about two miles or so from where I worked in Farmingdale, L..I. , N.Y. One day after work I stooped by. It was a small metal shop making decorative ironwork like railings for steps. The owner greeted me and in his heavy German accent showed me around, giving me an original Sharps reciever to hold, then one of his copies. I was impressed, but even then Sharps by Shiloh were very expensive. The business moved and probably changed hands more than once. Shilohs are still the gold standard for Sharps replica. I have a replica EAB Sharps Model 1863 that I bought for $500 about 20 years ago. Not up to Shiloh standards.
i have a shiloh semi custom 45 70 i bought from hunters rendezvous in a close out in the 80's way before quigley down under ; $800 total with vernier sights added, lucked out

Back
Top Bottom