• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shield Trigger Job

A few years ago, I replaced the trigger/sear spring on my M&P (full sized 9mm) with an Apex.

I'm looking to have something similar done to a shield, but I want want to complacently get rid of the trigger safety.
It seems like the Apex ones I look at online replace that split trigger with a glock-style trigger saftey.

Can anyone suggest one that will replace it with a solid trigger with a ~4 lb pull?

Thanks,
-Dan

Apex kit with replacement aluminum trigger is what you're looking for.

This.

i have on in my shield. Its fantastic. I put the duty/carry springs. The break is around 5.5 but very crisp. About as perfect as perfect gets.

I have one in a SDVE, and like it much better than stock, but I think the OP is saying he wants something with NO Trigger safety at all

How much difference does their trigger alone make if you already have the rest of their kit installed?

How much difference does their trigger alone make if you already have the rest of their kit installed?

It takes away most of the over travel and makes a crisper trigger. I think it's well worth it, it also makes for a flatter trigger surface which i prefer. They used to have a polymer version for the M&Ps at $40 as well as the aluminum but last time I looked I only saw the aluminum, not sure why I've been meaning to give them a call

Last edited:
I don't think anyone makes what you are looking for, and I doubt anyone will ever offer a Shield trigger without some kind of safety lever built in.

I'm a little curious as to why you would want something like that in the first place - a 4 lb trigger with no trigger safety. Do you carry the Shield with the thumb safety engaged and are looking to use it a 1911-ish cocked and locked condition?

With the APEX kit I mentioned. There really isn't any "slack". The travel is reduced, cleaner crisper break, more positive and shortened reset.

Lou at BEC did a trigger job on my Shield also. Couldn't be happier. He took up the slack. A clean trigger break no and a 5 1/2 lb trigger pull now.

Anyone had pullman arms in Worcester do an apex trigger kit? Bought my shield there and had a good experience, so I figured I would go back to them when the time came.

Back
Top Bottom