• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shield no safety on the way!

Medic-554

NES Member
For all the nannies that complain about thumb safety's. Lol. Just kidding!!

http://www.safetysolutionsacademy.c...-the-punch-with-a-no-safety-single-stack-9mm/
egu6yran.jpg

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member

i doubt it will be made MA compliant.
you might hurt yourself if there's no thumb safety

Marketing play. Sell more guns. Like they didn't know a no-safety version would be desirable. Thanks, shitheads!

i doubt it will be made MA compliant.
you might hurt yourself if there's no thumb safety

I don't doubt it, at all, actually. It is not required for compliance. One way or another, compliance bullshit or not, there WILL be no safety shields sold in MA whenever they actually hit the market, whether martha likes it or not.

-Mike

To some yes, but there are plenty of people who prefer a safety on a carry gun

Not really. Out of a dozen people I know that carry the only ones who use safeties on handguns are the ones who carry guns that are legit single action. (1911, BHP, HK USP in SA mode, CZ variants in SA mode, etc. ) The rest all carry either decocked and safety off or they carry guns that don't have safeties. People who actually carry with a "unnecessary safety lever fetish" IMHO are the minority. Even the people I knew that were ruminating about "liking the safety" as a feature on a gun, if they were serious about carrying a gun (eg, they were intent on integrating into their daily life or at least, carrying on a regular basis) about a month or two after they thought about it enough, realized how retarded they were, and then promptly stopped caring about it.

The safety on the shield is like buying a bicycle with training wheels on it.... actually its worse. Training wheels probably won't get you killed or potentially induce unsafe gun handling.

-Mike

Last edited:
Marketing play. Sell more guns. Like they didn't know a no-safety version would be desirable. Thanks, shitheads!

Smith seems to have a lot of issues with this. They released no lock 642s for a limited time and sell all that they made in a blink of an eye...and had people clapping and cheering and sending them love letters because they did so.... One would think, that some genius at S&W management would say "Hmm, maybe we should make a different SKU without the lock for EVERY one of our revolvers, or consider removing the feature entirely." No dice... gay, failure prone lock still installed. [puke] I wouldn't even care that much about the lock... if it didn't suck so bad... nobody reports lock failures in rugers or HKs... because the "switch" in either has a pretty solid detent and it stays in the position its supposed to.

-Mike

Not really. Out of a dozen people I know that carry the only ones who use safeties on handguns are the ones who carry guns that are legit single action. (1911, BHP, HK USP in SA mode, CZ variants in SA mode, etc. ) The rest all carry either decocked and safety off or they carry guns that don't have safeties. People who actually carry with a "unnecessary safety lever fetish" IMHO are the minority. Even the people I knew that were ruminating about "liking the safety" as a feature on a gun, if they were serious about carrying a gun (eg, they were intent on integrating into their daily life or at least, carrying on a regular basis) about a month or two after they thought about it enough, realized how retarded they were, and then promptly stopped caring about it.

The safety on the shield is like buying a bicycle with training wheels on it.... actually its worse. Training wheels probably won't get you killed or potentially induce unsafe gun handling.

-Mike

I'm not saying there the majority but the market is there, shit a guy I work with carries a shield w safety empty chamber. I bust his balls for being a moron, but hey to each his own.

I know I've read a few post here were people have said the like a safety on a carry piece

Another gun to buy to my already long list. Had the shield but got rid of it because of the safety. And mostly carry the 26

Back
Top Bottom