• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shield arms

Any experience out there with these magazines for the Glock 43x. They say you need there magazine release to because of the magazines being metal. I have a Glock 43x and works flawlessly but that extra 5 might be worth it. I have had other mag extensions in the past and they were terrible.

Any experience out there with these magazines for the Glock 43x. They say you need there magazine release to because of the magazines being metal. I have a Glock 43x and works flawlessly but that extra 5 might be worth it. I have had other mag extensions in the past and they were terrible.

Not worth the risk IMO. If you already use something that works flawlessly, why try and f*** it up on purpose for a measly 5 rounds?

Carry a couple spare mags around and train for mag changes. Now you’re better trained, faster on the fly, and still 100% confident in your equipment.

Too many people overthink this stuff and it’s just not worth the risk v reward.

** I should edit this to add, at least until you’re able to take the new items to the range and give them a good test run. I was mind stuck in todays environment of everybody being sequestered.

Last edited:
I have 3 for my G48. As soon as my club opens back up, I'll let you know how they run. I have not changed anything on the pistol, and they release fine.

Just got two delivered a couple weeks ago, but haven’t had the opportunity to try them yet. Like Coastie said, I’ll do a range report when I’ve had the chance to test them out.

outside of the 43X having a thinner grip allowing more hand to get a hold on it, all they have done is turn a 43X into a model 19, and it is going to cost you $100 to do it.

at least with a G19 if you wanted to use G17 mags with a +2 floor plate you could have 19+1 capacity, or using G19 mags with +2's 17+1, and the increase in size is minuscule .

What is that metal release going to do to the polymer mags?

Back
Top Bottom