Sherborn police have "machine guns."

“And then the next thing you know, she’s like ‘John, the police are in the yard with machine guns.’”

‘The police are in the yard with machine guns.’ Authorities search for armed carjacking suspects in Sherborn after crash​

By Travis Andersen and Emily Sweeney Globe Staff,Updated November 24, 2021, 1 hour ago
Police gather at the scene where carjackers allegedly fled on foot after crashing in Sherborn.
Police gather at the scene where carjackers allegedly fled on foot after crashing in Sherborn.WBZ-TV
SHERBORN - The day before Thanksgiving started with a frightening bang here Wednesday, when two carjacking suspects crashed a vehicle on a residential street shortly before 6 a.m. and brandished a gun as they fled on foot, prompting an hours long search that police formally suspended around 10 a.m. with the men still at large.
Sherborn Police Chief Thomas Galvin said in a brief phone interview that the suspects had crashed a white Alfa Romeo around 5:53 a.m. Wednesday in the area of North Main Street and Hunting Lane. The Alfa Romeo, Galvin said, had been reported stolen out of Sudbury earlier in the week.
The chief said witnesses after the crash were allegedly “confronted with a handgun almost” immediately, making it difficult for them to provide a detailed physical description of the suspects. He said the suspects, after exiting the Alfa Romeo, “attempted to carjack” another vehicle before sprinting away on foot.
Get On the CuspA weekly view into Boston's historic race for mayor, delivered Tuesdays.
Enter Email
Among the North Main Street residents jolted awake by the tumult Wednesday were John and Gorette DeSalvo, who said the crash occurred in front of their next-door neighbor’s house. Eversource workers were repairing a busted telephone pole at the scene as the couple recounted the unsettling events to a reporter.
“I was up and I heard it,” Gorette DeSalvo, 44, said of the commotion. “I heard a truck halt, I heard some yelling, and I actually thought it was the truck that probably hit another car or something.”
She said it was still dark outside at the time.
“Thank God that happened after I let the dog in, because as I understand it, they ran up the driveway and into our backyard,” she said.
Another neighbor, Dan Frommer, 72, lives across the street from the crash site and was awoken by the tremendous din of the impact.
“It thought my house was caving in,” he said. “It was just so loud.”
Frommer said he heard voices after the crash. “I just thought it was another accident, to tell you the truth,” he said, adding that the thought the people he heard were exchanging papers.
“I thought it was them trying to work out … the accident,” he said. “But perhaps it was the guys trying to hijack the target. I don’t know.”
Frommer expressed shock that the suspects managed to escape by running away.
“Isn’t it something the way they can take off on foot in a strange area and evade capture?” he said. “Well, I guess if your life depends on it, you get creative.”
State Police spokesman David Procopio said the search for the suspects was extensive.
“We responded to Sherborn around 6:45 a.m. to help search for two armed carjacking suspects who had fled from the vehicle (an Alfa Romeo) on North Main Street,” Procopio said in a statement. “After an extensive search by patrols, K9s and our Air Wing, the suspects were not located; the investigation is ongoing.”
Procopio said the probe “indicates that the suspects are likely the same suspects who were pursued in a different vehicle by Hopkinton around 4 a.m. this morning. The suspects crashed in that vehicle and fled on foot.”
John DeSalvo, 43, said he was sleeping when his wife told him what happened.
“She’s like ‘look, there’s an accident, look, there’s an accident. I’m like, ‘oh, gosh, that looks terrible’ But I’m sleeping,” he said. “And then the next thing you know, she’s like ‘John, the police are in the yard with machine guns.’”
The DeSalvos said they’ve never seen anything like the crash and subsequent foot pursuit in their quiet neighborhood before. Initially, the couple said, they didn’t know why the police were searching around their property.
“They were looking under the car with the K-9 and we were like, ‘Oh, what are they looking for?’,” John DeSalvo said. “At first we didn’t understand why there was a dog in our yard looking under cars.”
He said he later spoke to his next door neighbor who witnessed some of the immediate aftermath of the crash.
“He said he saw two guys,” John DeSalvo continued. “They got out of the car ... and then they were trying to get into a truck. I don’t know whether he saw firearms or whatnot.”
As a precaution Wednesday, the Pine Hill Elementary School in Sherborn canceled classes for the day, Chief Galvin said.
Galvin told the Globe around 10:15 a.m. that the search had been suspended, though State Police resources were still in town to provide assistance.
The chief said during a follow-up interview at headquarters in the afternoon that several car break-ins had occurred in the area overnight. Based on evidence recovered from the damaged vehicle Wednesday, Galvin said, investigators believe the carjacking suspects were involved in those predawn crimes.
“We’re confident they have left the area,” Galvin said.
Natick police in the morning said the chaotic episode had affected that community, too.
“As a result of an incident in Sherborn early this morning, we have coordinated with the Natick Public Schools to have the students and staff shelter in place at Natick High School and Memorial Elementary school,” Natick police said via Facebook.
The pursuit, Natick police said, involves suspects who allegedly “stole a motor vehicle in a neighboring community and crashed it in Sherborn, near the Natick town line. Reports indicate that the suspects fled on foot and may be armed. We will update as soon as information becomes available.”
Police confirmed later Wednesday morning that the shelter-in-place order at the Natick schools had been lifted.
“Thank you for your diligence in keeping our children safe,” one person wrote on the NPD Facebook page.

Travis Andersen can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @TAGlobe. Emily Sweeney can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @emilysweeney.

Last edited:
How on Earth are we supposed to help find these two upstanding individuals if no one can give us a basic description? Some one points a gun in my face, I think I could give you an idea of who done it.

are you just finding out that these departments are running MG's? I can think of a handful I've worked with that had all sorts of machine guns in their inventory.... tommy guns, mk18's, mp5's, you name it lol

How on Earth are we supposed to help find these two upstanding individuals if no one can give us a basic description? Some one points a gun in my face, I think I could give you an idea of who done it.
Well, one of my dad's war stories was: He and a buddy wanted to be the "First to p!ss in the Rhine," so they went forward of their unit (he was not front line), to Krautberg, or whatever the town was. As they were walking quietly, they heard someone else - it was a US Cavalry trooper. My dad said that the muzzle on his .45 was "THIS BIG" making his hands span the diameter of a manhole cover. Trooper said that the town was not yet secured....or something like that, as the guy's voice faded with distance. [laugh] Never told me what the Trooper looked like. [rofl]

Oh, so more along these lines?
View attachment 545510
Nah . Hyannis is like Brockton .. expect even less teeth.

Your lady lives in a land of giant couches

Less electrical tape on hyannis guns. That shit is expensive

Hyannis is frigging full of killers. The Kennedys have been around there for years

Lots of “safe spaces” in Sherborn. Car jackers just head for the house with the most woke yard signs.

Well, he had a gun, so... He's obviously a background-checked, LTC-carrying, bearded, overweight, curved-visor Patriots hat wearing, late-model crew cab pickup truck (registered and insured!) with Gadsden Flag bumper sticker driving, middle-aged white guy.

Damn you NRA and your "gun culture!"

Machine guns meaning semi/full auto?

I'm serious- I am not sure if MSP and local LEO have actual machine and/or sub machine guns.

Sherborn Police Chief Thomas Galvin ... said the suspects, after exiting the Alfa Romeo, “attempted to carjack” another vehicle before sprinting away on foot.
Shades of the very first time I CCWed.

Still, a worthwhile reminder that if there's any kind of ruckus outside
(Sorry, @Reptile),
to come heavy or not come at all. Situational awareness is key.

“After an extensive search by patrols, K9s and our Air Wing, the suspects were not located; the investigation is ongoing.”
What percentage of the handlers did MSP fire for not getting the jab?

AR "patrol rifles" look a lot like M16s. Jack.
Some towns have belt-fed.
e715cac166e2f7da0dd6058bb38c21e5.gif

Hyannis is frigging full of killers. The Kennedys have been around there for years
As I told some people in July...
... one of the first Chump Line calls I got on the air was:

It may be the Vernal Equinox,​
but it's not really Spring in Hyannis,​
until a Kennedy drives down the sidewalk.​

A long time later I discovered that
I had actually read that joke in 2009
in an article about Howie.

So then I thought that I got on the air
by submitting a Howie joke as my own to Howie's own show.
And I apologized to him.
[shocked]

Even later I discovered an article by Howie admitting that
he'd stolen the joke from someone else.

To quote The Onion...

[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

I'm serious- I am not sure if MSP and local LEO have actual machine and/or sub machine guns.
Wait, wait; is semi/full auto more or less killy than the full semi-auto guns NESers have?

Shades of the very first time I CCWed.

Still, a worthwhile reminder that if there's any kind of ruckus outside
(Sorry, @Reptile),
to come heavy or not come at all. Situational awareness is key.

What percentage of the handlers did MSP fire for not getting the jab?

Some towns have belt-fed.
e715cac166e2f7da0dd6058bb38c21e5.gif

As I told some people in July...
... one of the first Chump Line calls I got on the air was:

It may be the Vernal Equinox,​
but it's not really Spring in Hyannis,​
until a Kennedy drives down the sidewalk.​

A long time later I discovered that
I had actually read that joke in 2009
in an article about Howie.

So then I thought that I got on the air
by submitting a Howie joke as my own to Howie's own show.
And I apologized to him.
[shocked]

Even later I discovered an article by Howie admitting that
he'd stolen the joke from someone else.

To quote The Onion...

[rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2][rofl2]

Wait, wait; is semi/full auto more or less killy than the full semi-auto guns NESers have?

I do not feel safe with Mass.gov having weapons of war on the streets

Most departments don't use full auto. the additional quals required make them impractical. If they have them, they are limited to specific personnel.

pfft. w.springfield police will rittenhouse their asses, they have two m79 grenade launchers, you know for those times you have a no knock warrant but aren't in the mood to get out of the car.

are you just finding out that these departments are running MG's? I can think of a handful I've worked with that had all sorts of machine guns in their inventory.... tommy guns, mk18's, mp5's, you name it lol

Framingham PD had a pair of Thompsons in their inventory from the 20's up until the mid 90's.
I know a retired PO that bought one of them, I even got to shoot it at one of the full-auto events they held in Hanson many years ago.
It looked really cool with the FPD shield logo emblazoned onto the side of the stock.

Framingham PD had a pair of Thompsons in their inventory from the 20's up until the mid 90's.
I know a retired PO that bought one of them, I even got to shoot it at one of the full-auto events they held in Hanson many years ago.
It looked really cool with the FPD shield logo emblazoned onto the side of the stock.

and yet Fram chief would not sign off on green card ... cocksucker

Back
Top Bottom