Shell Sorter?

Yes, it's pretty helpful. With it, I can do a full five gallon bucket of brass in about 1/2 hour. Without it, it takes me 1.5 hours to do the same amount. BIG time saver if you expect to do lots of brass.

If you're not going to be doing big buckets of brass all the time though, I would just sort by hand.

It's a great time saver for me.... If you do any significant amount of brass it's well worth the money..... All the common brass sorts cleanly and the only remaining hand sort is stuff like 380 vs 9mm etc....

I love mine. It actually performs two tasks at the same time; it sorts the brass and also cleans it, getting rid of the crap from the range. I find it a real help with brass for my 1050 with a case feeder. It will cull out the odd .40 case that I pick up with my 9mm brass. I don't use it for sorting per se, but rather to clean my brass and cull out any odd calibers that will jam the case feeder.

I like mine and use rubber gloves when sorting brass. Lots of crud on the range brass and it's easier to keep hands clean than to scrub with soap and brush.

I'm the second [STRIKE]cheapest[/STRIKE] FRUGAL guy here (I won't tell you who the first is....), and even I got a set of these because I saw how much it sped up the process.

BTW, the first [STRIKE]cheapest[/STRIKE] FRUGAL guy also has a set................... Just saying..............

Hmmm...

I've been making the kids do it, but based on the reviews here, maybe I'll get a set of these.

i sorted 2 five gallon pails of brass pretty quick using the sorting pans,

they work very well with small batches... i 1 lb coffee can with go thru

quickly. I'd recommend them, if you put range brass in it when you get

home it goes quickly. again its your time and how you value it.

EC, hope the kids are wearing gloves????????????????

The only case that the sorter won't cull out is the 380 which ends up with the 9mm brass. They are supposed to have a special plate that will do 380, but I have yet to see one.

The only case that the sorter won't cull out is the 380 which ends up with the 9mm brass. They are supposed to have a special plate that will do 380, but I have yet to see one.

Believe it or not, but that plate does exist and my set came with one, but I have yet to use it since I don't reload 9mm or 380. I do have some of both handing around though and I'll give it a try the next time I'm at my bench.

I have one of the .380 Sorter Plates and it works pretty well. It works best after you sort 9mm brass, drop a couple of handfulls of 9mm/.380 brass onto the .380 plate (which sits in the .45 sorter) the .380 should fall through and the 9mm remains. It was worth the $20.00 to me.

I have one of the .380 Sorter Plates and it works pretty well. It works best after you sort 9mm brass, drop a couple of handfulls of 9mm/.380 brass onto the .380 plate (which sits in the .45 sorter) the .380 should fall through and the 9mm remains. It was worth the $20.00 to me.

Good news.I have been getting enough 380 mixed with my 9mm brass to be annoying.

I like mine and use rubber gloves when sorting brass. Lots of crud on the range brass and it's easier to keep hands clean than to scrub with soap and brush.

this is how I do it. the gloves end up shades of black and green and yellow. ewwww.

I'm needing some 380's................

Can we work something out?????

Enough to be annoying really isn't all that much. I did build up quite a bit over the years and recently gave it all to a friend but this was only about 1000 cases. I will keep you in mind in the future.

I bought a set 3 years ago and found them to be a total waste of my time and money.

After the sorting process I had to resort each batch anyway getting the 9mm out of the 40S&W, the 9mm+40S&W out of the 45ACP case - I hate doing things twice.

I ended up giving it away and the person I gave it to isn't using it for the same reason.

I'll give you $5 plus pay for shipping if your buddy is willing to send the set to me.

I bought a set 3 years ago and found them to be a total waste of my time and money.

After the sorting process I had to resort each batch anyway getting the 9mm out of the 40S&W, the 9mm+40S&W out of the 45ACP case - I hate doing things twice.

I ended up giving it away and the person I gave it to isn't using it for the same reason.

Since my "5 gallon bucket" also has rimfire cases in it.....I assume the RF will be with the 380 Auto assuming the current kit has the "plate"?

Dang,

Wish I would have had that last week. I just finished sorting 4 buckets of brass today. It took me about a week of a couple hours each evening. I guess I'll keep an eye out for it when its one sale.

I did have the perfect plate on hand to sort out rim fire which was a huge time saver. Its perfect. Only the rim fire falls through, the .32 auto and the .25 ACP were just big enough to catch in the openings.

It was the top of the drip pan that was left over after I turned the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ™ into a tumbler.

I just put it on top of a 5 gallon bucket and dumped a can of brass on it and moved it around. The rimfire all dropped in a few seconds.

I really like mine. Only (a) I try to never put 38spcl and 357 mag into a bucket with other stuff. It takes me a long time to cull those from a big load. Also, (b) they make a 380 plate and I use that to separate the 380s from the 9mms. I find all of this to be a great time saver. Wear hearing protection and gloves. It's a noisy and dirty job.

Back
Top Bottom