• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sheldon Royal owner of Hunter's Rendezvous has passed away.

That's too bad. He specialized in traditional bows and muzzleloaders and was the only place around that had that stuff. Nice alternative to modern plastic inlines and compounds. He could be kind of a dick to customers sometimes including myself but seemed to chill out the older he got. I hope someone buys the store and keeps it going.

Only went there once, a bit out of the way for me, but absolutely loved it .
He was very helpful to me as a new black powder guy, took lots of time to clue me in.
Took the time to give me a tour of his whole operation, what a candy store!
I sure wish that I'd gone back a few more times.
RIP

Drove by the shop many times but never stopped as I never had any BP interest.
Never heard a bad thing about the place from friends who were into it.

I just heard today from a fellow in the local Cabelas. I bought 2 black powder guns from him and his business partner Norm. First in December 2019, a Thompson Center Black Diamond Millenium rifle kit. I then bought May this year, for turkey hunting season, a 19th century William Moore side by side blackpowder 11 gauge shotgun from the both of them again.
He was peppery but generous and kind with a sparkle in his eye. He did look shakier in May, and I wondered about his health.
Nice fellow. I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Last edited:
That's too bad. He specialized in traditional bows and muzzleloaders and was the only place around that had that stuff. Nice alternative to modern plastic inlines and compounds. He could be kind of a dick to customers sometimes including myself but seemed to chill out the older he got. I hope someone buys the store and keeps it going.
RIP

It takes thick skin to see past some if these older scruff guys. I know a dozen or more older guys most would call dicks or a**h***s but behind that callous old skin are guys who wont hesitate to help when you need it.

Sorry to hear of your passing. We were married for seven years and as you know, you have a fine son. While we were not part of your life I still have good memories and bad of you. Your son is a fine man and person and am grateful everyday to have him in my life. RIP Sheldon.

Back
Top Bottom