Sheered off my Dan Wesson scope base screws today

TM9G.jpg
20 foot pounds would be 240 inch pounds. Probably would’ve broke the screws or the torque wrench doing that🤣🤣

Torque wrench and loctite arrived today.
Last week I cleaned the screws, shroud and scope base with gun scrubber then acetone and let them dry for days. They should be squeaky clean and dry.

I added some loctite under the base and on top of the shroud and on the screws. Torqued to 20 inch pounds. Handy little tool.
Then I’ll let it cure for a couple days before I bring it back to the range.
View attachment 358572
Can we get a review on the torque driver?

Can we get a review on the torque driver?
Well it’s made in China so we know the quality must be high...I mean it’s got some weight to it so seems decent. Reviews were decent too.

Says it’s designed for +/- 2 in pounds accuracy. Up to 40 in pounds. No idea how realistic/accurate that Chinese calibration certificate is?...
A6FFB2F3-D75D-4088-856B-B7904401FD4F.jpeg

I've had great use out of the FAT wrench. Would rather have something domestic, but this is definitely not a bad product by any stretch of the imagination.
Glad to see you got the gun fixed though! Maybe these ones will last more than a year? If I'm remembering the dates about right.

I've had great use out of the FAT wrench. Would rather have something domestic, but this is definitely not a bad product by any stretch of the imagination.
Glad to see you got the gun fixed though! Maybe these ones will last more than a year? If I'm remembering the dates about right.
Good to know you’ve had good luck with the wrench.
Ya I sure hope they’ll last much longer this time around. What I plan to do different is remove the scope every 300ish rounds or so to check if the screws loosened up. I literally never checked them previously. Only checked the scope ring screws.

Torque wrench and loctite arrived today.
Last week I cleaned the screws, shroud and scope base with gun scrubber then acetone and let them dry for days. They should be squeaky clean and dry.

I added some loctite under the base and on top of the shroud and on the screws. Torqued to 20 inch pounds. Handy little tool.
Then I’ll let it cure for a couple days before I bring it back to the range.
View attachment 358572

What's the over/under on this?

Good to know you’ve had good luck with the wrench.
Ya I sure hope they’ll last much longer this time around. What I plan to do different is remove the scope every 300ish rounds or so to check if the screws loosened up. I literally never checked them previously. Only checked the scope ring screws.
Did you mark the screws then? How will you confirm they've not moved?

Back
Top Bottom