Sheepdog Warrior Catskills, NY PRS NE Snow Brawl 2/04/23

I'm interested in attending this. Anything I should be aware of when it comes to traveling from MA to NY for the event? Can I even do that?

Yes, I travel from Massachusetts to NY for matches all the time. Just secure your rifle in a locked case.
This will be my first PRS event. Any suggestions on the round count, any must-have equipment vs nice to have?

regarding the travel to NY, can I stay in NY or do I have to go and leave the same day?

This will be my first PRS event. Any suggestions on the round count, any must-have equipment vs nice to have?
It says 8 stages. 100 rounds should cover it. Make sure you have a good 100yd zero. All you really need is your rifle and ammo. Bipod would be nice too. Honestly, you can borrow all the extra things from squad mates you're shooting with.

You can stay in NY. Just bring your rifle inside the motel. One day matches, I generally just travel up the morning of the match and leave after the match. Two day matches we generally stay over night.

It says 8 stages. 100 rounds should cover it. Make sure you have a good 100yd zero. All you really need is your rifle and ammo. Bipod would be nice too. Honestly, you can borrow all the extra things from squad mates you're shooting with.

You can stay in NY. Just bring your rifle inside the motel. One day matches, I generally just travel up the morning of the match and leave after the match. Two day matches we generally stay over night.
I have family out there, so I would rather either travel over the night before and not deal with the traveling in the AM

Guess I better dust the rig off and find my snow pants. Haven't touched it since the finale unfortunately. :(

Question, on the signup page it offers three divisions; Production, Tactical, and Open. Whats with Tactical? I was under the understanding that PRS was only Production and Open.

Tactical is true .223 and .308 only, no wildcat variants. 308 projectiles can't exceed 178gr and must be under 2800fps MV. .223 projectiles can't exceed 77gr and must be under 3000fps.

Ok, I'm going to ask a very VERY stupid question. Now that I'm looking at the title a little more, this is not a Rimfire event just a standard PRS. right?

Ok, I won't be attending this event. haha. I just got over-excited for the first event of the year and completely skipped on the Centerfire vs Rimfire aspect. I'm only setup for Rimfire at this time, so I guess I won't be attending this event.

Well I guess that new scope setup I just purchased was needed anyway.

Ok, I won't be attending this event. haha. I just got over-excited for the first event of the year and completely skipped on the Centerfire vs Rimfire aspect. I'm only setup for Rimfire at this time, so I guess I won't be attending this event.

Well I guess that new scope setup I just purchased was needed anyway.
Once the Center-fire and Rimfire matches are finalized on the PRS website the complete schedules will be posted.

Back
Top Bottom