Shed possible before winter?

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
That's the question. I am trying to gut and renovate my basement (which is basically my storage area), so I need storage. I'd prefer a quality built shed.... but all the major builders are booking in spring.

Anyone have a lead on anyone that can pull it off sooner?

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of wanted a shed.... but that could be a solution
Mi-box, pack rat, Viking, whatever brand all those moving boxes are a decently priced temp solution, drop in your driveway, fill it, do your work, empty it, then they come take it away. They’re mainly intended for moving when closings don’t line up but I know people that have used them on-site just for a renovation.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Winter? WTF is "winter"?

1602358335909.png

If you're not going to use the shed afterwards, do you really want a shed? As someone else suggested, drop a container in your driveway. I used PODs to load my garage into and then had it delivered down here. You could probably rent one for your driveway for a couple of months for a reasonable fee.

The Anchor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Where you at crazy cat?

Skip's Outdoors Skips Outdoor Accents (413) 786-0990 has them ready to go. The local one to me is managed by a fellow shooter.
Thanks For the shout out Mike, but we have been hit hard and currently have zero inventory at both locations. we we do get a random shed in for stock, they are sold super fast, last one was on the ground for 2 hours before it got sold.

best bet is to watch our instock list, as ones sometimes just get delivered to us randomly from the vendors...and the Sutton number is 508-865-7645

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Winter? WTF is "winter"?

View attachment 398612

If you're not going to use the shed afterwards, do you really want a shed? As someone else suggested, drop a container in your driveway. I used PODs to load my garage into and then had it delivered down here. You could probably rent one for your driveway for a couple of months for a reasonable fee.
I'm shooting you a p.m. on that

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
63   1   0
I've had 2 sheds installed by Post Woodworking. They are pre-fab and they set it up in ~1 hour.

The house I bought in NH came with a shed made by Reeds Ferry.

Both companies do a very nice job.

No idea what their scheduling is like however.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the question. I am trying to gut and renovate my basement (which is basically my storage area), so I need storage. I'd prefer a quality built shed.... but all the major builders are booking in spring.

You can always use the extra storage space so build it yourself you will be glad you did.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harbor freight blue tarp.... grey if you want it to be less obvious..... get camo from some other place if you want to hide it...don’t forget white if it snows

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Mi-box, pack rat, Viking, whatever brand all those moving boxes are a decently priced temp solution, drop in your driveway, fill it, do your work, empty it, then they come take it away. They’re mainly intended for moving when closings don’t line up but I know people that have used them on-site just for a renovation.
One of my neighbors has had one of those in his driveway since we bought our house 5 years ago. It’s a good look lol.

Fwiw I think a shed would be a fun project. I have to imagine after site prep it would only take a weekend, maybe 2, to throw an 8*12 shed up.

glostamon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

With all the school closings you could probaly snag up a Blue Bird for a song & a dance . Nothing says winter storage like a buried a school bus.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my neighbors has had one of those in his driveway since we bought our house 5 years ago. It’s a good look lol.

Fwiw I think a shed would be a fun project. I have to imagine after site prep it would only take a weekend, maybe 2, to throw an 8*12 shed up.
Don't make the mistake I made. The one time I didn't listen to my brother in law when he said go bigger.

Mudflap621

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dunno where u are but was driving through Palmer and There was a place on rt 20 that had prolly cpl dozen sheds think it was called Palmer sheds. Personally I’d build my own for the price of the damn things.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
63   1   0
Don't make the mistake I made. The one time I didn't listen to my brother in law when he said go bigger.
Guilty as well. First one I bought was at a home show. I didn't plan on the purchase, but liked what Post Woodworking had to offer and the show discount, so took a guess at the size and ordered it. It lasted me 20+ yrs but was too small. So I figured the size I needed when I ordered the second one from them those many years later.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can order a kit and assemble it.
'Bout the most fun I ever had with my father was assembling a Montgomery-Ward
mail-order shed to use as a garage for the tent camper. Steel C-channel framing,
maybe aluminum walls.

Harbor freight blue tarp
Word is, in Maine either it's a Mardens blue tarp,
or you're From Away.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would of been a nightmare for me.
Well it was for him.
He sized it for the tent camper a little too closely.

The door was narrower than the tent camper,
and the front wall had a threshold channel,
but he had he shed raised an inch or so
on individual cinder block piers.

So he had to split the threshold and install joining pins,
and cut through the door frame at chest height,
and install piano hinges so that the front opened up
like clamshell doors on a military cargo jet.

And there were a few small frobs projecting from the side
of the tent camper by a couple of inches,
like the water tank fill port.
So he had to hacksaw a few notches in some framing studs.

But odds are he made all the fixes using items he had at hand.
Even the cut edges of the studs were protected with
adhesive tape that fell into his lunch box at Pan Am.
[rofl]

Putting the sill up on cinder blocks was good for corrosion,
but was bad for on-time departure from camping one Friday afternoon.
I pulled the tent camper out, and found a cat plus kittens in the back.
A little more on that in another thread.

Top Bottom