• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shed hunting.

Hunting NH deer one year, my buddy smacked his door into a tree ad put a dent in it just below the mirror. Later that morning I found a shed. When we got back to his truck I took a forked stick and made deer tracks over to the dented truck door and hung the shed on the mirror. We went back in the woods a little way and waited for the others to show up as they had not seen the dent. It was funny.

My guess is with the lack of acorns, and feed, deer will be shedding early this year. One year like this where there was no food, we found deer were dropping horns in mid December.

that was actually really cool to watch. Id be going right over and picking those up, especially having the video footage of the event!

Out west you need to be careful. Some states require an annual test, and or a certificate and others depend on the county to set the rules. Crazy counties don't allow it at all, such as:

Illegal Shed Hunting | #ForTheHunt

Open Spaces
There are a lot of public spaces that are owned by the county in which they reside. For example, all Open Spaces in Boulder County, Colorado do not allow the collection of either deadheads or sheds. So if you’re on City or County land, make sure you check with the operating authority before heading out!

OR

Shed antler gathering course required
wildlife.utah.gov
Shed antler gathering course required sheds.html

Shed antler gathering course required

Feb 1, 2018 ... Before you head out the door to collect shed antlers, though, you must complete the Division of Wildlife Resources' Antler Gathering Ethics ...

Back
Top Bottom