She is done! Finally!

Been waiting a while on this build! Post war Czech 98 w/ original scope and repro(from Austria) bases. She is one sweet shooter. I had a Smith in Pa. do her correctly.
DSCF0012-3.jpg

DSCF0011-2.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

Fantastic! Have you sighted her in yet?

And how much is a smith mounting these days?

Yep I've Shot her. As is she is hitting clays at 300 yards. The Smith that did the work in Pa, swore this was his last. Soft solder and drill and tap the bases, 150.00, zero and resolder/blue the scope/rings, 100.00.

Enjoy. Nice original sling. I like the winter trigger guard. Are the parts WaA marked, or are they later unmarked post war types.

MS

Nice setup.
How's it competing with the Cetme ?

The Cetme may stay in the safe or be sold! Na!!!
I really like my true and repro Snipers more and more. There is so little thought that goes into the shot. Once the scope is zero'd it really only takes a squeeze of the trigger. I love the old 2 stage Military triggers also. I found that after years of shooting them, I actually have issues w/ my CZ's single set trigger. It is an amazing Varmint rig, but it takes a few days to get the brain a finger to work properly. Juergen, it actually competes w/ the M41b and PU these days. The Cetme is fun and accurate, but I really love my bolt guns. I guess when I run low on ammo for them I'll start shooting Semi's.
BTW, if you run into a WWII era or post war K98 (8x57) scope for a decent price let me know. I want to upgrade my Swede 98 8x57.

Back
Top Bottom