• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sharing My Simple Target Design

thanks for sharing. ill prob give it a try myself..can prob print it out on some heavier paper and would work good

Hope they work out ok for ya'll. My wife and I just blew through about 20 of them at the pistol and rifle range. I use cheap printer paper and staple them to cardboard. Can't cost more than $0.10 each. [wink]

I'm thinking of at a faint 1" grid so you can easily estimate your groupings.

yep, the ideas are starting flow..ha ha!

ffc20e50.jpg

[shocked] Oh Bother !

Someone on Rimfire Central just posted a link to some Angry Birds targets that he made for his young son.

I like that design, red bull, keeping the center white, nice little downloadable target. I'll use them this weekend, thanks for sharing them here.

I've downloaded several from the web. The 3 I like best are:

Single 8" circle
Twin 5" circles
Quad 4" circles

For sighting in and grouping - a 1/2" square pattern with a colored diamond at the center and a larger diamond at the 4" point works pretty well. Gives you tick marks for how much you need to dial the scope to zero it.

For round targets, I like using a 1" orange bullseye, then alternating white circles with colored. Red, then Green, then Blue. I just find the bold colors easier to target at range without glass than black or gray, which tends to blend on me.

I had some 60lbs card stock that I'd picked up, which I started using for printing targets instead of cheap paper on cardboard.

Back
Top Bottom