Sharing my priceless moment

chinalfr

NES Member
I'm still speechless and excited. Let me calm down and first quote. [laugh][laugh]

12-2am range time, sleepless in Woburn
handguns and rifle, shoot punnies .22lr
3 boxes of .22lr, $10 dollars
Finding a life long range partner, PRICELESS.

This early morning is my happiest day, the day I found a life long range partner. Woohoo !!!! Mrs "chinalfr" finally agreed and be my range partner. The day started after kids bedtime. We snugged out and head to a local range. I equipped her with pink ear protection and $5 winchester eye protector. I have 2 handguns and a rifle with me. A Ruger Mark III target, S&W 617 and a Ruger 10/22 TD. Due to the early hour, we had all the range lanes open to us. It's a 25 yards indoor range. First, I started to instruct range safety rules and show her the "Ring of Death". We started out with 10/22 at 25 yards. After 40 rds, she started to group her shot. Here is the 3th or 4th clips on a fresh target.

51902277-902A-4D93-826C-2BA85FB10F1F_zpsp4lwrlrg.jpg

IMO, as a first time shooter, she did very well.

Next, we progress to Handgun. First, it is Ruger Mark III. I setup existing paper target at 10 yards line. After a clip of lead, she hesitate and resist it [hmmm]. This is due to the light trigger on the Ruger Mark III (modified). Quickly, I switch to S&W 617. She get 10 rds on paper. I didn't take any pics, but she got all shots on paper. That's all I'm asking for. [smile]

The range date concluded quickly. With 4 hrs sleep and full work day, I'm still pumped [coffee][coffee]. Today is the day that she learned how to shoot. She will gradually learn how many $50 guns in my collection [rolleyes][rolleyes]. I'm looking forward for our next range date. I'm also hoping she will go for her LTC application. Maybe the next range date, I will bring my evil glock. For now, I'm a happy camper and living in a dream. [smile][smile][dance][dance][party][party][rockon][rockon][rockon][rockon][rockon][rockon][banana][banana][banana][banana][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][bow][bow][bow][cheers][cheers][cheers]

p.s. yes, she is hot asian and she is a keeper. Sorry, no pics to share. [wink][wink]

Thats way i like that range i have gone in there later than that, You do realize now that you have shown her to shoot they are no longer your guns[rofl]

awesome...only question is....what happens when she realizes your $50 guns are really $800

What's mine is her. She can exchange my $800 gun for a LV bag anytime.

Mazel Tov!

Thanks.

Congrats buddy [smile]

Thanks man. It's a long journey. But a good one.

Thats way i like that range i have gone in there later than that, You do realize now that you have shown her to shoot they are no longer your guns[rofl]

I think she still hate my Ruger Mark III. At least I will have my Ruger Mark III. She will also need to work hard to own more. That will take a while. [smile]

Congrats!!

Thanks, Len. Taking one step at a time.
nice and congrats...but who was watching the kids [rofl]

I feed the kids some benadryl. They all sleep like a baby.

Congrats. Its great when the wife decides to shoot.

If you actually LIKE your wife, finding things like this to do together is just awesome. I like my wife. It sounds like you like your wife.

I learned early that my wife didn't like just sending lead down range. She had to have some level of pressure to make it interesting. So we discovered that she really only likes competing. So we don't do much "range time" other than prep for competitions.

So far I've gotten her to shoot steel with a Glock 34 and shoot an AR15 in local low stress CMP Service Rifle type events.

I work very hard to try to engage her in the things I like to do. She doesn't really have hobbies and appreciates my effort. I think this is a common problem for couples. Men tend to have a lot of hobbies. Its not that we don't want to spend time with them. We just want to do our stuff. And if our wives want to come along some of the time, GREAT.

Prior to having kids, I was less into shooting and more into flying. With kids, I had to reduce my risk so the flying has stopped temporarily. When we flew, I found that as a life long sailor, she enjoyed navigating and working the radios. So I put her to work.

Don

20131116_122657.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg
Picture 026.jpg

Wow, 12 replies and no one has jumped down your throat for using the word clip incorrectly yet. The clip police must all be sleeping LOL

She wear the same Peltor pink hearing protection. [grin]

Wow, 12 replies and no one has jumped down your throat for using the word clip incorrectly yet. The clip police must all be sleeping LOL

Only 1 keyword? NES is pretty slow today. I put many keyword on my story.

Score..enjoy your time together.

Thanks. Happy shooting.

Look at that...you made my afternoon. Congrats Bro!

Thanks. TGIF. [cheers]

you're awesome!!! [rofl]

NES is awesome too. I need to clarify first before someone will ask for her hot pics. I'm now waiting for the question if she has a hot sister next. [smile]

Congratulations, but when is she going to try the 500??

I saw that you tried to sneak in a mention about your evil Glock. It will be funny when she sees your extended Glock "family".

Congrats Man!!! Good times.

Thanks.

Congratulations, but when is she going to try the 500??

I saw that you tried to sneak in a mention about your evil Glock. It will be funny when she sees your extended Glock "family".

Start from .22lr first and work up from there. So, no SW 500 for her. [wink] On a bright side, all glock is black and look similar. She probably cannot find the differences between 17,19,20,21,22,23,27,30,31,33,34,35,40,41,42 & 43. So, the glock family value still stay @ $50. I will only have 1 glock forever. [rolleyes]

Congratulations and best wishes to the both of you![cheers]

Thanks.

Not even ones where she has all her clothes on? [smile]

Seriously, she did great and you should be (and apparently are) very proud of her.

I do. I'm very proud of her. Still no pics.

Congrats, I'm guessing the Loeb Range.

Yes, we are dating inside MRA Loeb range. Due to security camera, we skip the after range BJ.

Well done. [cheers].
The family that shoots together .. ect.

We went this weekend and the Mrs. built snowmen at the 100 yard range and then proceeded to dismantle them with an AR.
Lord I love that woman, lol.

Back
Top Bottom