SGM FISETTE - Phony War Hero and JROTC Instructor

Yes. It’s always been weird to me. Maybe I’ve just got an “eye” for these things, but incorrect uniforms jump out at me like a fire on a hilltop. I’m just not up on all of the changes since I got out.
You walk around with combat jump wings, people are going to want to know exactly when that was. The fruit salad, I have no clue.

I'd like to think that no self respecting warfighter especially someone claiming a tab would let themselves look like this fat tub o goo..
When we were graduating Ranger School, the Sergeant Major got us all together before we left Eglin.

“Once you’ve earned the tab, it’s yours for life: we can’t ever take it away,” he began.

“ But if you ever get fat, I hope you f***in’ die.”

When we were graduating Ranger School, the Sergeant Major got us all together before we left Eglin.

“Once you’ve earned the tab, it’s yours for life: we can’t ever take it away,” he began.

“ But if you ever get fat, I hope you f***in’ die.”

Seeing my first fat Ranger was like meeting my first idiot with an MIT degree. They’re out there.

It cracks me up that jerkoffs like this guy still think they can get away with this nowadays. Prior to the internet it would've been super easy to make all sorts of outlandish claims of glory and it would just slip by unnoticed, these days not so much.

IMO if he wants to play soldier(wearing of uniforms) then maybe he should serve out his sentence in a military prison for the full experience. I'm sure the folks there would love to swap stories.

That reminds me of the guy who has the gun shop in West Swanzey, New Hampshire who has been telling everyone that he is a Marine Warrant Officer Helicopter Pilot. After having checked with Marine Corps Aviation Association it does NOT show him to have been such. The Marine Corps Warrant Officers Association also don't show him in their listings. The guy is only 62 years old born in August of 1956. So there is much to question.
I have no use for posers!!

I edited the NOT between does and show

Last edited:
Not trying to give that guy a thumbs up or down, but isn't that Association entered through applying and joining, not every Mustang will join.

They Keep a roster of all those that become Warrant Officers. I spoke with them personally. He also tells everyone that he flew (Piloted)helicopters for the Marine Corps into Saigon during the evacuation. Take a look at his age. The last Marine Warrant Officer Pilot was Jack Lee Grinstead who retired at age fifty in 1992. So if this is at least one lie how many others is he spewing. I have also sent in a form SF 180 to the Military Personnel Records Center on him and I am waiting for the results. (That info is Public Record).

Last edited:
Each year he always arrived to the Barnes memorial in dedham on memorial day and never wore the " Herd" patch which is shown he "Earned". Always red flags with him and his tales. I never trusted him and glad my suspicions were correct.

Well, if he claims that those are French wings, he got that mixed up. The ones in my avatar are French wings. The ones he's wearing are German gold wings (50+ jumps). I've known MANY active German paratroopers (2 garrisons within 20 miles from my home: Lebach and Saarlouis), and none of the made gold. But this clown gets over 50 jumps as a foreign guest jumper. Not happening, the Germans usually make 3 jumps a year to stay qualified.

Well, if he claims that those are French wings, he got that mixed up. The ones in my avatar are French wings. The ones he's wearing are German gold wings (50+ jumps). I've known MANY active German paratroopers (2 garrisons within 20 miles from my home: Lebach and Saarlouis), and none of the made gold. But this clown gets over 50 jumps as a foreign guest jumper. Not happening, the Germans usually make 3 jumps a year to stay qualified.

I THINK, if I remember correctly, that American paratroopers authorized to wear other countries' wings get to wear the foreign wings that correspond to the ones they wear over here. In other words, an American major, say, with a US senior parachute rating (just a star above the US jumpwings), which is the second level of US airborne qualification, could wear the corresponding second-level set of foreign wings as a courtesy. I think Fisette was claiming he was entitled to a master parachute rating here, which would mean he should wear the highest German set if he was authorized those.

For those who don't know, the wearing of foreign wings in the US Army is honorary. It doesn't mean you've graduated from the other country's jump school nor made a certain number of foreign jumps; you just have to jump out of their aircraft OR with one of their jumpmasters. Only once, IIRC. I was involved in an exchange jump with the Paraguayans once, and they got to wear our wings after just two exits from a US aircraft. But our guys got their wings, too. This happens a lot; most officers or senior NCOs who serve a tour at Ft Bragg get an opportunity to chase foreign wings. My first BC down there, now an LTG, could wear Panamanian, Thai, German, or Brazilian wings as of 1999. He'd swap them out on his Class A's based on his mood.

All of this is academic, obviously. This Fisette MFer wasn't entitled to any of that.

Back
Top Bottom