Please delete

I recently acquired a pair of winners....
These 2 rifles are preban, low serial numbers and have yet to be fired. 6 original, translucent Magazines to boot!
As far as my research goes, there were less than one hundred 550s imported into the USA and maybe under four hundred 551s. Perhaps there are folks out there who can confirm those numbers?

Attachments

• 51D8895B-0CA4-4097-8A35-810BD69FB0DE.jpeg
    51D8895B-0CA4-4097-8A35-810BD69FB0DE.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 286488CD-9413-4F74-B937-33C22784AA55.jpeg
    286488CD-9413-4F74-B937-33C22784AA55.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 727BADBD-EABF-486D-9DEA-D4DF7E0EF113.jpeg
    727BADBD-EABF-486D-9DEA-D4DF7E0EF113.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 23
Do any of you guys have any more info on these weapons? Always good to have more knowledge about things…

These 2 rifles are preban, low serial numbers and have yet to be fired. 6 original, translucent Magazines to boot!
As far as my research goes, there were less than one hundred 550s imported into the USA and maybe under four hundred 551s. Perhaps there are folks out there who can confirm those numbers?
tens.gif

As far as my research goes, there were less than one hundred 550s imported into the USA and maybe under four hundred 551s.
A little google search said about 500 were imported before Sig started making them stateside. But that still made the imported ones very valuable.
Super nice acquisition!
Congrats!

What do you mean?

when sig made those 550s they were a premier manufacturer with top notch Swiss quality. contrast to today when sig is prioritizing sheer volume (ie revenue) at the expense of R&D and QC. They are a totally different company. Sig may have a huge following but gun nerds like myself have overwhelmingly abandoned them for various reasons. Very few on pistol-forum run a P320 unless it’s an issued firearm. Sig has some amazing designs such as the MPX but their execution is garbage. I still carry a P229 in 357 sig so I am no Sig hater, just realistic about who they are today. I trust my G17 or 92G far more than anything Sig could ever build, which is why I trust them to protect my family.

an eye candy indeed. congrats. if you ever decide to sell - do not go cheap. i would not be selling those...

when sig made those 550s they were a premier manufacturer with top notch Swiss quality. contrast to today when sig is prioritizing sheer volume (ie revenue) at the expense of R&D and QC. They are a totally different company. Sig may have a huge following but gun nerds like myself have overwhelmingly abandoned them for various reasons. Very few on pistol-forum run a P320 unless it’s an issued firearm. Sig has some amazing designs such as the MPX but their execution is garbage. I still carry a P229 in 357 sig so I am no Sig hater, just realistic about who they are today. I trust my G17 or 92G far more than anything Sig could ever build, which is why I trust them to protect my family.
I see. I have a p320 AXG Scorpion and intend to keep it pristine for future considerations.
I was contemplating getting the p226 legion. Any Thoughts on it?
I also recently picked up a HK p30L

I think holding on to them is best. I know what I have to an extent (I’m no expert). There are a few models in the SG rifle family ... I know little things add up to big dollars. Im lucky to have them.

learn how to maintain those weapons well, and enjoy. I would personally preserve one of them and would shoot another. they are built to be used as intended.
those puppies will only grow up in price with time, great samples.

ps. and, yeah - do not modify them. :)

learn how to maintain those weapons well, and enjoy. I would personally preserve one of them and would shoot another. they are built to be used as intended.

ps. and, yeah - do not modify them. :)

I would shoot the piss out of both of them. Keeping them around to stare at them doesn't do much. These guns are not the original .45 ACP lugers or something. They were meant to be
run.

I would shoot the piss out of both of them. Keeping them around to stare at them doesn't do much. These guns are not the original .45 ACP lugers or something. They were meant to be
run.

I intend to enjoy them before passing them on down the line .... after all, just like an old muscle car, we are only the keepers of them for awhile....

I see. I have a p320 AXG Scorpion and intend to keep it pristine for future considerations.
I was contemplating getting the p226 legion. Any Thoughts on it?
I also recently picked up a HK p30L

it all depends on your needs. If the idea is pride-of-ownership (ie “gun boner”) then just get whatever you like. There’s nothing wrong with that. We all have some firearms that get us aroused. For me it’s stuff like 3rd gen S&W autos like a 4506, Walther P38s, P5, HK P9’s, oddball older guns. Hell my LMT CQB rifle never sees range action but I enjoy fondling it. Instead my rock river rifles get thrashed and I love them for it.

the longer Ive been into guns the more I Enjoy thrashing them. Not abusing, just heavy use until parts breakages. What I love about the Glock or my beloved beretta 92’s is how easily I can keep them running. A trigger return spring on a 92 is piece of cake to replace. And a Glock is beyond easy assuming it isn’t boogered up with aftermarket shit. Now contrast that to a Sig P226 which has some oddball trigger bar springs still easy to replace but not as well designed. I look at something like an HK VP9 which is a catastrophically complex design and I would not consider frame disassembly myself. No thank you. but my P30 has run like a USP because it’s the same gun w different clothing. Every spring in the P30 except for the TRS is a compression spring for a reason...they don’t break. stuff like the Sig P320 or an FN 509 both of which I have owned, shot, took armorer course then got the hell out of those guns for good. I believe the designs are poor. I’m sure the excuse patrol will flame me but those people usually haven’t run their equipment until failure.

so to me it’s all about heavy use and getting to know the firearm’s character. Of course last 4 years when ammo was cheap that was a feasible proposition. I feel bad for those just getting into firearms now because ammo costs will prohibit training, experience and the fun of running a gun hard like it was meant to be run.

Last edited:
I intend to enjoy them before passing them on down the line .... after all, just like an old muscle car, we are only the keepers of them for awhile....

i would also recommend, if you are not familiar - use collectibles insurance on those. anything with a potential value above $10k better be insured. research this topic a bit.

So, @Dsabbi. What's the back story about these two rifles?
Did your father in law die and you found out he was an arms dealer or something?[laugh]
That’s not toooo far from the real story, actually! They’ve been sitting in a climate controlled room since about 1994 waiting to come to their current resting place (with me)

Back
Top Bottom