Please delete

Are these the guns people were converting to make 552 SBRs? I seem to remember that was a thing many years back.

I don’t know if they are or are not.... but my feeling is with the rarity of them— I wouldn’t think people would be converting them to another variant. But anything is possible.

I don’t know if they are or are not.... but my feeling is with the rarity of them— I wouldn’t think people would be converting them to another variant. But anything is possible.

They might have used the 556 to make the conversion to 552, I just remember the 552 was hot for a while.

What are they worth? I bet a ton especially right now. I'd probably sell them. :)

when sig made those 550s they were a premier manufacturer with top notch Swiss quality. contrast to today when sig is prioritizing sheer volume (ie revenue) at the expense of R&D and QC. They are a totally different company. Sig may have a huge following but gun nerds like myself have overwhelmingly abandoned them for various reasons. Very few on pistol-forum run a P320 unless it’s an issued firearm. Sig has some amazing designs such as the MPX but their execution is garbage. I still carry a P229 in 357 sig so I am no Sig hater, just realistic about who they are today. I trust my G17 or 92G far more than anything Sig could ever build, which is why I trust them to protect my family.

I think that's a bit unfair. My P365XL feels like a Swiss watch compared to my G43X. I think Sig has been aggressively expanding and has had a lot of growing pains. HK's still feel like Swiss watches and the company is bankrupt.

Is the MPX problematic? I haven't kept up.

They might have used the 556 to make the conversion to 552, I just remember the 552 was hot for a while.

What are they worth? I bet a ton especially right now. I'd probably sell them. :)

Opinions and estimates vary .... so it depends who you talk to. They have some value. Maybe that value is more right now with all the “enthusiasm” surrounded around firearms right now. But these weapons will surely hold their value down the road, too

extremely rare, will be worth 6 figures by the time your kids own them.
a colt walker of our times? i still doubt 6 figures. a $20-$30K is more likely, may be.
but, it will need to be in a pristine collectible condition for that.

Keep 1, donate the other to:

"The Enbloc Museum of Modern Arms"... a 501(c)(3) Foundation*

* Or, will become one if you donate a rifle...

Wait did you buy them or inherit them? Certainly if you don't need the money I'd keep them. It's not too hard to make more money, but rare items you may never find again.

To be fair.... It was a combo of buying and inheriting. I inherited the privilege of buying them (if that makes sense )

Wait did you buy them or inherit them? Certainly if you don't need the money I'd keep them. It's not too hard to make more money, but rare items you may never find again.

What I meant was—- I have no kids to leave them to !

a colt walker of our times? i still doubt 6 figures. a $20-$30K is more likely, may be.
but, it will need to be in a pristine collectible condition for that.
As of today, they’re still unfired.... still has the original grease .....that’s pristine I would say

Last edited:
Awesome score. I still have my old 550 airsoft AEG from when I was a kid, so at least I can pretend I have a real one [laugh].

Wow. That case alone is worth quite a bit...

learn how to maintain those weapons well, and enjoy. I would personally preserve one of them and would shoot another. they are built to be used as intended.
those puppies will only grow up in price with time, great samples.

ps. and, yeah - do not modify them. :)
Don't modify them? C'mon Man rattlecan the hell out of those puppies and throw on a cheap Chinese knockoff optics on them. Show people at the range you will not be bow to the gun purists... [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Why does the barrel have two of those round bulges on it? Looks like some variants have two, some have a shorter barrel.

SIG Grenade Launcher Spring

SAN Swiss Arms grenade launcher spring attaches to the “barrel bubble groove” of all original SIG barrels and our US made 550 and 551 style barrels for use with 22mm grenade adapters.

Why does the barrel have two of those round bulges on it? Looks like some variants have two, some have a shorter barrel.
There are variants which all have diff barrel lengths .... I believe it goes (from longest to shortest) 550 sniper 26”, 550 21”, 551 16” and 552 10”

Back
Top Bottom