• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SF Police Chief Wants National Gun Registry

I don't know what's more insulting, this guy thinking he has a say in who has a gun or his thinking that police keep people safe.

SF Police Chief Calls for National Gun Registry | The Truth About Guns

SF Police Chief Calls for National Gun Registry

“San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr called for a nationwide gun registry at an American Bar Association meeting in the city Friday,” nbcbayarea.com reports. “‘There needs to be some form of national gun registry so we know who has them, so we know that everyone who has them is cleared, checked, responsible,’ Suhr said during a panel discussion on strategies to prevent gun violence. ‘It gives law enforcement the best chance to keep everybody safe,’ he said.” Because the police are what keeps people safe, not armed citizens. Obvs. [/sarc] Calguns’ Chairman Gene Hoffman slammed the Chief’s assertion, but agreed that background checks are a good thing, not a bad thing. Guess whose opinion more closely reflects that of the ABA? Hint: in 2011 the Standing Committee on Gun Violence [sic] resolved that . . .

The American Bar Association opposes federal legislation that would force states to recognize permits or licenses to carry concealed weapons issued in other states.

Because . . . civilian gun owners hip is bad. M’kay?

No matter who “won” the Lawyers, Guns and Money conference, the ABA’s 2013 resolution re: firearm should be equally antagonistic to American’s natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. As one participant [should have] said, “How was I to know they were with the Russian too?”

Hey as$hole when you have no crime in your city, Then I will listen. Otherwise do the job you were hired for.

Last edited:
Is he the flaming butt hole that showed up at one of the hearings decked out like a rear Admiral?
Either way, hope he contracts an incurable intestinal parasite.

Is he the flaming butt hole that showed up at one of the hearings decked out like a rear Admiral?
Either way, hope he contracts an incurable intestinal parasite.

Haha. It's always the biggest a-hole chiefs and commissioners that are always dressed like Michael Jackson.

No need for registry in SF.....Nash and Joe Dominguez have you covered, your all safe!
y4emyjad.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Found the following with quick google search:

San Francisco's Greg Suhr is the highest paid police chief in the nation, according to recent reports. And come September, his pay will rise even higher.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Suhr took home $321,577 last year in base pay and longevity pay. In September, he will automatically receive a two percent raise.

SFPD Police Chief Greg Suhr | The Castro Biscuit

"with the shortage in staffing in the police force it is up to the community to work together to help mitigate crime in our neighborhood. That means using the non-emergency phone line (415-553-0123) more often for suspicious loitering and situations that don’t require immediate police attention. Forming more neighborhood watches through the help of SFSafe.org. Being more aware of our surroundings and putting away our phones while we’re walking at night. Using the whistles provided by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to alert others and going into the safe places marked by the “Stop the Violence” signs when we are in danger. Calling 911 when we see something shady going down.

"Understaffed" SFPD Is Nonetheless Bay Area's Largest, Best-Funded Police Force | SF Appeal: San Francisco's Online Newspaper

The San Francisco Police Department is understaffed. No doubt about it: it’s the law — and the envy of Oakland and San Jose.

A 2004 voter-approved amendment to the City Charter requires that SFPD have 1,971 sworn officers in patrol or other crime-fighting, non-administrative duties. Thanks to retirements and canceled police academy classes, SFPD only 1,771 sworn personnel available, prompting San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr to warn of a possible uptick in crime if more officers aren’t hired, a situation duly labeled a “cop shortage” by the San Francisco Examiner.

So crooks beware: SFPD has twice the cash and twice the cops of Oakland, and if Suhr gets his way, will be even more heavily policed.

Never Surrender has it right: Typical asshat. Hope those "stop the violence" signs are real effective.

268983_220378681333245_7789244_a.jpg

I prefer:
peace_through_superior_firepower_post_card-r2bde047bd2c5401a8e8c13c6345553fb_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

White Feather

Last edited:
I'd love to hear this douche explain how a national gun registry will help them find the criminals with illegally possessed guns.

Maybe someone should tell him that Canada tried this and the results were dismal.
After wasting hundreds of millions in taxpayer money, they finally realized how useless it was and shut it down.

It IS San Fran afterall, the Mos Eisley of CA; a "wreched hive of" moonbats and fruit loops...like anything he/she/it says matters.

I'd love to hear this douche explain how a national gun registry will help them find the criminals with illegally possessed guns.

Maybe someone should tell him that Canada tried this and the results were dismal.
After wasting hundreds of millions in taxpayer money, they finally realized how useless it was and shut it down.

The one and only reason is confiscation.
I don't think anyone on either side is kidding themselves anymore.
This has nothing to do with crime.

Canada scrapped their gun registry. Why do these morons continue to put policies in place that have a proven track record of NOT working!? Rhetorical question as the answer is clear!

True.

And criminals are safeguarded from registering their guns because it would be self-incrimination vis-a-vis the Fifth Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom