1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Sex in the office question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jkelly1229, May 22, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

66 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. No

56 vote(s)
    45.9%
  1. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

Yes

andrew1220 likes this.

2. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

One other story, A friend of mine (at the time) and her boyfriend (who was a firefighter) did it on the Chief's desk. The Chief found out and was pissed lol. But he was not fired.

3. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

She should have swallowed the evidence

4. james13

james13

Used to work in the Hancock Tower. The floor I was on had a fairly large handicap bathroom. Someone put a desk chair in the corner and I know several co-workers used it during work hours.

5. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

That would be the best punishment. Keep him on and make fun of him forever.

6. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

...giving HIM the grounds for the hostile work environment claim

7. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan NES Member

As a "Director" wouldn't he have known that there were cameras present (which makes this really stupid)? That being said, if this was consensual and not involving a subordinate employee I'd likely see it as a disciplinary action but probably not a firing, although the "use" of somebody's desk, creating an unsanitary biohazard is an other level of very bad judgment. If there have been other disciplinary issues with this employee or concerns about his work this can be the last straw, otherwise I'd probably view it as a lapse in judgment to document with the employee that would result in firing if there are any further infractions for stupidity. Of course whatever is done needs to be thought through and documented, because it will set a precedent, and if the next time this issue occurs (and particularly if a minority is involved) it's even more important that there's clear justification documented for keeping the employee (as opposed to next time when an employee might be let go).

I manage a lot of remote offices and I expect them to be used professionally. But people get caught up and don't always think with their right heads (men and women). They also tend to think of their office as their own space, so they let their guard down. Like others have said, good people are hard to find and replace, so having some level of tolerance, while disciplining/documenting in order to protect the company, is probably what's in order here.

8. evalance

evalance NES Member

hey now did u had to mastrubate so many times that the lock was really needed :p?

andrew1220 likes this.
  9. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Horseneck beach, broad daylight, people everywhere, what a day.

10. robjax

robjax

I would not do anything about it until it be came a distraction. As soon as it did I would have to let them go. But I can also see how this might open up the company to liability. She, if a she, could claim sexual assault and whatnot if it all goes bad. If it weren't for potential liability I wouldn't care unless it became a distraction. Oh yeah..and clean yup after yourself....