Severin suspended from WTKK

seanc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
With the exception of Graham, TKK has gone to the standard AM-ish all liberal all the time format. I would expect to see sponsors dropping like flies.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see WTKK finally canned that moron Bower.
I've noticed they've had a couple of new guys for the past week or two, so for no reason other than boredom I decided to call the station on my drive home (got through in 1 call...that never happened before) to see what was going on. I asked where Bowser was and the screener said, "Ummm... He's still around." giving me the vaguest of answers. When I asked why they keep changing afternoon personalities every couple of weeks he just thanked me for calling and hung up. I don't really care for the new guys or Bowser, but I was wondering what that station is up to. They wont say anything because they are tanking and don't know whether to shit or go blind. They really owe what's left of their listeners an explanation. They should put Graham back on afternoon drive time or 6 p.m. If he drops from that station they're cooked.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay was neutered towards the end, not as edgey. Graham has interesting topics but not like Jay. The new replacements are just plain awfull.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno but Michele McPhee is better than the Graham less 96.9
I used to hate listening to her show when she first came aboard, but thought the local subject matter was pretty good so I kept listening. Then after she started developing her radio chops I actually started to like her show. I can't really listen to her now due to the poor reception and timeframe she's on.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My cousin, Doug Meehan has been on TKK the last couple of weeks but it's hard to listen to him talk about serious subjects after being an entertainment reporter on Fox 25. I can't stand it. As much as Mcphees' voice hurts my ears, she knows what she is talking about.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dunno but Michele McPhee is better than the Graham less 96.9
Every time that broad is on Fox 25 talking about something, I end up yelling at the TV and my wife has to remind me that 'they can't hear you, you know.'

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My cousin, Doug Meehan has been on TKK the last couple of weeks but it's hard to listen to him talk about serious subjects after being an entertainment reporter on Fox 25. I can't stand it. As much as Mcphees' voice hurts my ears, she knows what she is talking about.
I miss Doug on Fox

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
as much as I hate to see someone fired in this economy, the man is a millionare, his job is to help other millionares keep on making money. being dumb on the air has nothing to do with the first amendment, as some are screaming about - it has everything to do with the money.

you risk someone's money, you get your ass canned.

Either way, I hope TKK takes this as an opportunity to get some fresh blood and i do NOT mean that Bower guy that's on now or that grating Smirchonish mook ("I support the second amendment.....but").

I love John Bachelor - he's probably a lot smarter than some of the "Best and Brightest" can handle, but he is intelligent and reasonable. Alex Jones would make a good choice, David Icke....maybe its time to think outside of the box.
Isn't Alex Jones like king of the tinfoil hat?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guess #1 - Working for Romney
Guess #2 - (He hinted on FB ) we will hear him again soon ( prob satellite )
I see that WTKK's ratings have crashed and burned since the Severin firing. No real surprise given how bad the replacements were/are.

They need to get Howie Carr over there ASAP!!!

CLMN

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Isn't Alex Jones like king of the tinfoil hat?
To some, yeah and even as a fan, I admit, he has his tendancies towards the bombastic....but for all the screaming and for all the conspiratorial stuff, he does cover a lot of things people don't pay attention to, such as the ongoing Fukishima disaster, the banking bailouts and their after affects as well as the minutia of gun politics that everyone gets "shocked" by because the MSM doesn't touch it.

Besides, tinfoil hattery is also the province of the MSM these days - remember the H1N1 panic when the newscasters were lambasting people who didn't want the shot?

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
Talk radio has peaked. There're too many shows out there doing/saying the same thing. I'm betting we see TKK do a format change w/in a year.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
To some, yeah and even as a fan, I admit, he has his tendancies towards the bombastic....but for all the screaming and for all the conspiratorial stuff, he does cover a lot of things people don't pay attention to, such as the ongoing Fukishima disaster, the banking bailouts and their after affects as well as the minutia of gun politics that everyone gets "shocked" by because the MSM doesn't touch it.

Besides, tinfoil hattery is also the province of the MSM these days - remember the H1N1 panic when the newscasters were lambasting people who didn't want the shot?

lol, yea, I don't know enough about him to make an educated decision about him. It's just that all I really know him from is the FEMA camp warning stuff, not that I completely disregard the conspiracy theory stuff, but I've never heard him speak on any mainstream issues. Is he on satellite?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
lol, yea, I don't know enough about him to make an educated decision about him. It's just that all I really know him from is the FEMA camp warning stuff, not that I completely disregard the conspiracy theory stuff, but I've never heard him speak on any mainstream issues. Is he on satellite?
He's on satellite, he's in syndication and is on shortwave radio as well....

The FEMA camps do exist - but I think that's more for disaster quarrantine than it is for mass extermination of Americans. I had my opinion of FEMA formed by Katrina - I talked about this to my wife - no way in HELL am I being herded into a goddamned some with the masses and I don't care if Godzilla himself is coming.

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
IM getting a company truck with the new gig....methinks of getting satellite radio to keep my sanity.
I don't know how anyone that drives a lot can listen to regular radio. The commercials are unbearable. Satalite has so many choice for talk and even though there are some commercials, they are few and far between. It is the best money I ever spent on a "toy".

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't know how anyone that drives a lot can listen to regular radio. The commercials are unbearable. Satalite has so many choice for talk and even though there are some commercials, they are few and far between. It is the best money I ever spent on a "toy".
Im definitely tired of listening to the commericals....1800 Kars for Kids comes to mind. How much are the monthly payments on satellite?

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Im definitely tired of listening to the commericals....1800 Kars for Kids comes to mind. How much are the monthly payments on satellite?
I pay up front for the year and it's cheaper that way. If you pay monthly by giving them access to your CC, it' like $13 and change. If you pay up front, it's cheaper. Usually they offer you a good introductory rate for new customers to get you hooked. You WILL get hooked! The bad part is that when I drive under a bridge or heavy tree cover, it tends to cut out for a second.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i HATE that ad. Whenever I listen to the radio (pretty much only in the car) I change stations as soon as the commercials start. So, this has me bouncing around a lot. When I get tired of that, I fire up the iPod.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't subscribe to satellite radio per se, but get Sirrius music channels as park of my Direct TV package. I must get about twenty channels of various kinds of music uninterrupted 24/7. I use the aux jack on my Bose Wave Radio and run the music from the TV through there. I really like it and recommend satellite radio. I haven't upgraded it for vehicle use, but will eventually I'm sure.

joeendris

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A small lab with my roommate, Brain, in Central, M
If there's a way to get rid of McPhee, sign me up. I can't stand that [STRIKE]woman[/STRIKE] bimbo...[puke2] All she does is regurgitate FOX trash and let people know how talented she is [rolleyes]. A female Howard Stern, at best....flame on.

Graham's ok. Andleman brothers are pretty funny, Joe-n-Huggy (meh), Mike Schmirnoff (w/e his name is, [laugh]) in the evenings is OK. There was a DJ sunday afternoons I thought was fantastic...hell if I remember his name though.

Top Bottom